+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: MasterChef US (Season 5)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I can't really dislike Ahran for reacting the way she did because I kind of had the feeling that we were missing a lot due to editing. That Leslie mispronounced her name even after they made a big deal about it reminded me of Krissi from last season.. really not a good look for anyone.

Spoiler: show

That Francis B was in the elimination challenge at all seemed like forced TV drama bullshit. The team would have been nowhere near as good as they were if it hadn't been for him. There were plenty of weaker people and they are basically telling people to not step up for their team if the captain is fucking up. Jordan/Leslie were a given. I don't know which contestant should have been the third... maybe the guy that ate the last of the fish?

I really wasn't surprised with the elimination results, though. As much as Leslie annoys me, he clearly performed the best in the challenge, so whatever. I don't think I'd ever seen the contestants on the balcony so active in helping one of the challengers, though. I thought that was pretty great, and that compound butter might actually have been what saved Francis- it seemed like his steak was the better of the two because of flavor, anyway. Jordan should have gone home for his performance (or, for his lack of performance) in the team challenge regardless.

I'm a little underwhelmed with this season so far. Dunno. I'm curious about next episode- how did someone manage to have someone else cook their food for them? Are two people getting sent home for that?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I can't stand Ahran. She needs a piece of humble pie and to calm the hell down, I don't care that she's 18 and young and blahblahblah you can still keep your shit ego in check at that age. Leslie doesn't really bother me. I think people just pick on him because he's a stay-at-home-Dad and that is somehow shameful. People need to stop underestimating him because he's proven he can cook.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I can't stand Ahran. She needs a piece of humble pie and to calm the hell down, I don't care that she's 18 and young and blahblahblah you can still keep your shit ego in check at that age. Leslie doesn't really bother me. I think people just pick on him because he's a stay-at-home-Dad and that is somehow shameful. People need to stop underestimating him because he's proven he can cook.
    I'm with you. Who cares if someone mispronounces your name? Who the hell cries at that? Certainly, not anyone I ever knew at the age of 18. Four, maybe?

I hope Leslie goes to the top 4 for dramas sake, but I don't think he will.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Part of it is because he's a stay at home dad (I remember hearing someone bring it up against him), but mostly it's because of his attitude. He has proven to be a good cook, but he really is this season's Krissi.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I'm with you. Who cares if someone mispronounces your name? Who the hell cries at that? Certainly, not anyone I ever knew at the age of 18. Four, maybe?

I agree Ahran overreacted, but Leslie also did. For him to bitch at her for "things 18 year olds do" then to intentionally mispronounce her name at the elimination challenge was a bitch move and put him on the same level as what he claims to dislike.

I want to see him make it further for entertainment value, but I certainly don't want to see him in the finals.

I'm also starting to question how good Francis B is. He seems good, but is he good enough? He fucked up the doughnut challenge and he barely survived the steak challenge. Jordan going home was the right call, but would things have been different if Jordan had trimmed the fat and Francis didn't get advice from the balcony?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Imo no one has reached the low that Krissi did. Krissi reminded me of a high school bully, used to being surrounded by a possy of other large girls who lick her boots. Or she was a follower in said possy. Her attitude and actions were juvenile and petty.

BG Level

Krissi was the worst person they have ever had on the show, but that is what made her going home so awesome; the shit with her kid was laughable.

I loved it when Leslie called her by the wrong name on purpose hahaha.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'll be honest. I loved Krissi. She was such a bitch and wouldn't deal with anyones shit.

Ahran is not on my short list lol. She needs to go. If i were her parent I would slap the shit out of her when she got home.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Baller move by judges to make Leslie dig his own grave
    That was so amazing lol

I don't think the editing did her any favors. When most of the cast thinks you are an ass, it's probably because you are an ass (Leslie).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    I'm also starting to question how good Francis B is. He seems good, but is he good enough? He fucked up the doughnut challenge and he barely survived the steak challenge. Jordan going home was the right call, but would things have been different if Jordan had trimmed the fat and Francis didn't get advice from the balcony?
    Biased obv, but how many challenges has he either won or been in the top 3? Donuts are a niche so that's excusable. Yeah cooking a steak medium instead of medium rare is a mistake but that's a very small margin for error.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^I don't think it was the fact the steak was medium but that half the gallery was telling him how to season it and the side dishes that discredited his abilities.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I don't think the editing did her any favors. When most of the cast thinks you are an ass, it's probably because you are an ass (Leslie).
    And if you cry over someone like that past the age of 12, you're nothing but a little bitch regardless of gender.

Francis B looked pathetic getting all the help from above, which I'm surprised is even allowed. He is way overrated and only seems good because the girls on the show like him.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    ^I don't think it was the fact the stake was medium but that half the gallery was telling him how to season it and the side dishes that discredited his abilities.
    Apparently Frances b gets all the chicks wtf. Is he that lucky normally?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Francis B looked pathetic getting all the help from above, which I'm surprised is even allowed. He is way overrated and only seems good because the girls on the show like him.
    Episode 2 he won the meatloaf challenge. Episode 3 he lead the winning team. Episode 4 his scallops were in the top 3 but Ahran won.

if that's overrated then idk

That episode was so fucking boring. I have no clue how I made it to the end. I didn't even care a little about that drama at the end.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lornkeit View Post
    That episode was so fucking boring. I have no clue how I made it to the end. I didn't even care a little about that drama at the end.
    well it took out all of the "drama" of the elimination because you knew whoever presented the wrong food would go home.

I thought it was silly they even had a talk about it like there was any other option

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I like how Gordon still did his inspirational don't stop cooking speech right after they disqualified him.

BG Level

The chick who had her dessert stolen needs to get laid something fierce...

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Pretty sure she's on the spectrum

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Pretty sure she's on the spectrum
    I hate hearing her try to speak

I just found out today that Leslie is Melissa Joan Hart's step father ;o no wonder he is a stay at home dad.

https://twitter.com/MelissaJoanHart/...01224147468288

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast