+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: MasterChef US (Season 5)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Because that wasn't EXACTLY what he asked for? lol. Sometimes people can be idiots. He wanted something he could serve in any of his Italian restaurants.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I cannot believe Willie wasn't eliminated. Also, Leslie was hilariously awesome this episode.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Yeah, Willie's was certainly the worst. I kind of liked Francis L

I would have been fine with either of them going. Was kind of indifferent at that point. Francis seemed to me to be more gimmick than cooking skill, and I'm not sure what happened to Willie. It seems he gets easily intimidated by anything that isn't "home cook" territory, which I guess is fair enough.

Also kind of annoyed at this redemptive arc Cutter's story is taking. I'm bitter, I know. >.>

BG Level

I was not joking when I said Cutter is making the finals lol. The show needs to hook him up with some new clothes though. Who plans to go on a TV show and only brings like 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants? Come on bro!

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cutter wasn't as terrible this past episode. I swear I heard him on an add for some Texas BBQ place. idk, I stopped and really listened and it sounded just like him...

Willy should have gone home. Dude is cool and has some entertainment value but that dish was so far off the mark, seemed like a real lapse in consistency from the judges.

I don't want to dawn my tinfoil hat but...

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Found out from some mutual friends that Francis had almost zero cooking experience before he went on the show. He was chatting with some chick that happened to do casting for the show and she basically said, "You're really outgoing, do you cook?" Then he studied a shit ton before he went on. Crazy.

Holy shit this pressure test...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So what is wrong with Jaime's voice?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

She's just one of those awkward kind of people.

GATTACA!

BG Level

idk sounds like she can't physically make herself talk without running out of breath mid-word

but yeah brutal pressure test, two good cooks eliminated

Every goddamn time I read this thread title in the morning I think it says "MasterChief". Damn it Halo.

BG Level

I am glad Leslie won, but Ahran is certainly better than a few still remaining. What a shame...

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I am glad Leslie won, but Ahran is certainly better than a few still remaining. What a shame...
    I agree. As much as I like Willie's personality on the show, his cooking has been below par compared to the others. I would have liked to see Leslie and Ahran in the finals due to their history.

Fuck Courtney for not going down with her team. Hope she gets eliminated next week.

BG Level

The point is to win, so I never blame anyone for going up top. I only get annoyed when they start making excuses for why they are going to go up. Courtney was straight-forward and mostly correct.

I also think a lot of the cooking has been subpar because they keep doing challenges that involve deserts; finally, they got to some real cooking on last night's episode.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm not mad at Courtney for saving herself because she was a great leader and she's an awesome cook. If she was shittastic and had a junk attitude I'd be upset but even then it's a competition. If I was in it, I'd be super nice to people outside the kitchen and work together in team challenges but when it comes to solo cooking, I'd be a ruthless motherfucker goin for peoples throats. If I was threatened by someone, I'd try and screw em up because of that not because "they were mean to me" or some garbage

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    So what is wrong with Jaime's voice?
    Hearing her talk always cracks me up due to the awkwardness. Was not surprised in the slightest to see her being overwhelmed by being in the leadership role for the team challenge. She made the absolute best choice by putting Leslie on the opp's team given his track record for team challenges. Not saying that the guy can't hold his own, because he obviously can, but he doesn't seem to work well on a team.

Jamie seems to be more and more... crackly voice as it goes on. I was sad to see Ahran go on a double elim. I think she may have squeak by otherwise. The relationship between Leslie and Ahran is funny though. And I wonder what tipped it in Red's favor? They had the worse cooks imo. I guess people don't like guac?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They're in LA, so Guac on burgers is a pretty common thing there. Plus, the voting was something like 51% to 49% so it's not like one side got blown out. It could have gone either way, from what they said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast