BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Digging the vertical gameplay in the towers but hopefully the elevators don't become a camped death trap like in BF4

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Extra PS4 Beta code, first come first serve.

Spoiler: show
    gone

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I gots it

Thanks jmc

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    I gots it

Thanks jmc
    no problem, I'll hit you up sometime this weekend when I'm online.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just got into PC beta, downloading now. Loved BF:BC2 and BF2142, played a lot of BF3 but wasn't overly thrilled by it. Didn't even get BF4.

Got a friend who has the same record but put a lot more hours into BF3, said he refuses to get another BF game until BC3.

Hopefully Hardline changes some things.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I went back to bf3 last week just cause. Gotta say, the game is better than bf4 in everyway except from some of the tweaks to scoring and vehicles and what not.

BF3 runs flawlessly. In some cases looks better than bf4. Only things I like from bf4 is assists counting as kills, vehicles not having infinite ready ammo, something else I cant remember. The whole being able to destabilize air vehicles that pop countermeasures and still crash them is retarded.

That said, I think I might hold out on this one. From the looks of it, this game could have easily been DLC. Exact same engine, just some new maps and objectives being played.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah. First thought as soon as I saw game footage is that it looks like a BF4 mod. Super cheap knock off that EA will probably mint nicely off. No thanks.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Yeah. First thought as soon as I saw game footage is that it looks like a BF4 mod. Super cheap knock off that EA will probably mint nicely off. No thanks.
    I'm (sadly) gonna have to agree with this. I got the beta key yesterday, downloading tonight so I can dive in after work. I don't want this to be a BF4 clone. You can only go so far with gameplay modes as (essentially), they're all the same in the end. They'll have to do something big to make it a Day 1 purchase for me.

So wait..is this Battlefield Payday?

Looks interesting, I like BF and I enjoyed Payday and Payday2 at the start until all the stupid DLC shit...I may need to look into this.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This is like an arcadey BF3. Even the colors are different, plus there's money you earn. It's pretty fun so far as a beta but right now it's definitely better than BF4.

I don't know if they could have rolled it in as an xpac but it's possible.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I've only played bf4 and the hardline beta from the franchise and don't understand all the hate for this game. I've put in around 20 hours into the beta, and I've already preordered.

The gameplay from bf3 and bf4 looks pretty much the same. The game modes, as far as I know, are all pretty much the same, even one of the dlc for bf4 is maps from bf3.

What made bf4 worthy of a full price tag, but not hardline? Are people just stuck on it being cops and robbers instead of nations at war or something? I don't get it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

It is the fact that this game is becoming CoD.

BF3 was my first into series. It was awesome. Had some things that could have been better but still an awesome game. BF4 was set to be much better than bf3. New engine, new mechanics, etc. But it came out extremely buggy and isnt a complete game.

Everyone still has the bad taste of bf4 in their mouth and EA said they would focus on fixing it and it still hasnt been fixed. And now they are coming out with another game that improves nothing. its copy pasted bf4 with different game modes. No way I'm going to buy a bf4 clone when bf4 is already fucked up. I don't buy CoD anymore because its copy pasted, I wont buy bf if they do it too.

BF3 plays so smooth its insane. It, to me, is like CoD 4 MW is to a lot of people. Some people feel that way about BFBC2 or 2142 or w/e. BF4 seems like the beginning of the end.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Looks more interesting mechanics-wise, but I have to agree that it's basically BF:Counter Strike.

Sad, really. They don't need to emulate COD to do better, and they're ruining the BF franchise.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For anyone that did not realize it, the BF Hardline beta is now open to everyone: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/06...dline-beta-pc/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

So, I played the beta for about 10min tonight for the first time. Kinda upsetting that this game is running way better than bf4 and it is in beta still.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BF Blog update
    Why Battlefield Hardline will launch in 2015

Today we are announcing that Battlefield Hardline will launch in early 2015. Obviously, this is big news, so I’d like to address why we’re making this change.

Back at E3, we launched a beta for Hardline — we wanted to not only show you the game, but to let you play it for yourselves. Millions of you jumped in and had a great time. As a result, the Visceral Games team learned a lot from players about what they wanted in the game. We’ve been pouring over the data and feedback, and have already been putting a lot of it right into the game and sharing it directly with you.

This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing. However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn’t have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months.

We decided that the right thing to do was to take more time to ensure Hardline is the best, most innovative Battlefield experience we can give to you, our fans.

Here are a few of the things the new timing will allow us to accomplish:

1. Multiplayer Innovation: Coming out of our E3 beta, internal focus tests, and work with our community, we have received a lot of great Multiplayer thinking. We’re going to be adding some new feature ideas direct from the community that will evolve the cops and criminals fantasy into a truly unique Battlefield Multiplayer experience.

2. Single Player Story Depth: In order to ensure our Single Player experience delivers on player expectations, we’re spending more time polishing our core features, as well as adding a few new ones that will support a deeper “crime revenge” story experience.

3. Stability: This has been a focus for our team since day one and we’re going to be using the extra time to continue to optimize the game for a stable launch. We have learned a lot from Battlefield 4, are continuing to learn from our Community Test Environment and will learn more from another Hardline beta. More time allows us to surface issues that the team can attempt to fix prior to launch.

We are doing all of this for one reason. Because we want Battlefield Hardline to be the best game it can be, and so that we can create the best environment for a smooth launch for our players. We will give you updates on our progress and we’ll regularly share updates along the way via Battlefield.com/Hardline as well as the Battlefield social channels.

In addition to the ongoing development of Hardline, it’s important to note that the DICE teams continue to drive Battlefield 4. We continue to explore new opportunities for improvements and we are still releasing new content, including “Dragon’s Teeth,” the fourth expansion pack that launches worldwide on July 29, and “Final Stand” coming later this year. We remain committed to giving you the best BF4 experience possible.

Karl Magnus Troedsson - DICE VP & Group GM

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Need to cancel this stupid game or add it to BF4 like the DLC it is.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content