1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Don't wanna see ninja as a tank class, myself.
    Seconded.
    Ninja tank was something that "happened" to FFXI because... stuff. A true tank is someone that engages enemies straight on, which is not something that reminds me of ninjas.

Samurai is definitely a viable tank option (tho I doubt it will be released so soon), and I'd be very intrigued to see them showcase a pet class with a tank role - Beastmaster maybe?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I'm not too fussed about Utsusemi. It works in FFXI because of its slow combat pace and where evasion/debuffs actually means something. Going along the lines of the current system should they add this ability in to shut people up, it'll probably work like this:

Utsusemi
    Cast: Instant
    Recast: 2 mins
    Effect: Allows you to dodge the next 3 direct attacks for 10 seconds
    Cross Class: Yes : all jobs

In short, it'll be more or less useless/a side dish or there'll be some niche use for it like Manawall and Titan boulders/landslide lol
    That's not just like Manawall. That is Manawall, albeit with a short duration and 1 more "shadow". So you'd have BLMs running around with the ability to ignore up to 5 physical attacks every 2 minutes. I personally wouldn't mind, but I can't imagine that it would be good for balance. (BLMs would become viable off-tanks in situations involving short-lived adds.)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    ftfy

You can rule out any interesting stats in 14.
    Don't be silly with your modified quotation of my words.. Yoshida himself stated that there would be a meaning to give double attack to players through job abilities when someone asked if they intended to add weapons with multi hits capabilities, so I'd not be surprised if they made a gun job like this mimiking FFXI COR's abilities.

Also "Shooting ppl to heal them.." I'm the only one who think its wrong? >.>; Unless you give this gun job a Nerf Gun filled with holy water >.>;

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Would my calcumalations be right that the E3 English Live Letter is on in 4hrs? 1pm PDT?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it's pretty painful to see people complain about not wanting ninja to be a tank, among other things.

this game's so woefully bland and boring with anything involving stats, itemization, and roles. tanks already just stand there, take hits and punch cd's, and now people want more of that? you know what, fuckin sign me up for more of that cause it sure sounds like a lot of fun.

diversity is seriously lacking overall in just about every aspect of this game. it'd be some shameful shit if the devs continue to ignore the myriad ways they can deepen the game's playing experiences, role diversity being a very key one of them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Don't be silly with your modified quotation of my words.. Yoshida himself stated that there would be a meaning to give double attack to players through job abilities when someone asked if they intended to add weapons with multi hits capabilities, so I'd not be surprised if they made a gun job like this mimiking FFXI COR's abilities.

Also "Shooting ppl to heal them.." I'm the only one who think its wrong? >.>; Unless you give this gun job a Nerf Gun filled with holy water >.>;
    Wholely unprecedented and it would never catch on.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...20111127145913
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...FT_Chemist.jpg

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Didn't Sazh use his guns on party members in FFXIII for some sort of beneficial effect? lol..

That's not just like Manawall. That is Manawall, albeit with a short duration and 1 more "shadow". So you'd have BLMs running around with the ability to ignore up to 5 physical attacks every 2 minutes. I personally wouldn't mind, but I can't imagine that it would be good for balance. (BLMs would become viable off-tanks in situations involving short-lived adds.)
    Yeh I know, that's how bland some abilities are, I really couldn't think of anything else.

In this case then, change it so it'll only be cross classable for DRG and MNK then haha ... and maybe BRD

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Legit, if NIN was introduced as a tank I would bust out in song and dance the rest of the day and probably week at work. NIN was my shit in 11, freaked that shit so hard man. I'd still be happy if it was just a debuffing dps though

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

3 hours ish until live letter?

this game's so woefully bland and boring with anything involving stats, itemization, and roles.
    I am under the impression they just follow the WoW model and try to limit battle exploits by avoiding unique class mechanics.

A tank that nullifies damage instead of mitigating it could affect all encounter mechanics and create "unwanted" scenarios - like completely ignoring Death Sentence-like moves, for example.
    The fact that the same tank would also be very squishy without its shadows would create additional issues, as well.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    3 hours ish until live letter?
    should be 4pm eastern

so yeah 3 hours

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    it's pretty painful to see people complain about not wanting ninja to be a tank, among other things.

this game's so woefully bland and boring with anything involving stats, itemization, and roles. tanks already just stand there, take hits and punch cd's, and now people want more of that? you know what, fuckin sign me up for more of that cause it sure sounds like a lot of fun.

diversity is seriously lacking overall in just about every aspect of this game. it'd be some shameful shit if the devs continue to ignore the myriad ways they can deepen the game's playing experiences, role diversity being a very key one of them.

Bland for you. Not for me. That's the funny thing about opinions.

XI is waiting right there for you to utsu all day long. I suggest taking a vacation there.

inb4 shadow counter plugin for ffxivapp

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Wholely unprecedented and it would never catch on.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...FT_Chemist.jpg
    Chemist never shot anyone to heal! Throwing potions to heal would be kinda fun though.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Bland for you. Not for me. That's the funny thing about opinions.

XI is waiting right there for you to utsu all day long. I suggest taking a vacation there.
    Because people haven't been bitching about Halone rotations since day 1 and Ninja as a tank must work like XIs Utsusemi mechanic. Cmon, the XI hate is just reflex for you now.

Ninja as a viable tank would get some people off fucking DPS and into tank roles. If jobs like Dark Knight, Samurai and Beastmaster are down the road do we really want more DPS?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, Bst could offer the potential for a different style of tanking via pet tank too

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So he's the Reverse Draylol?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    A tank that nullifies damage instead of mitigating it could affect all encounter mechanics and create "unwanted" scenarios - like completely ignoring Death Sentence-like moves, for example.
    The fact that the same tank would also be very squishy without its shadows would create additional issues, as well.
    Tank swaps! :D Everyone loves tank swaps!

While I'm not against diversifying tanks, I'm just saying it's not for ninja.

As for how gun healing would work, I'd just think of Sharla from Xenoblade. She didn't so much shoot party members as she did launch magically charged shells skyward to rain their effect down.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Chemist never shot anyone to heal! Throwing potions to heal would be kinda fun though.
    Three words.

Tee.

Shirt.

Cannon.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    While I'm not against diversifying tanks, I'm just saying it's not for ninja.

As for how gun healing would work, I'd just think of Sharla from Xenoblade. She didn't so much shoot party members as she did launch magically charged shells skyward to rain their effect down.
    Some idiot proposed DRK tank on the forum, are you up for that? lol