1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

XIV at E3 2014 (June 10-12)

With Final Fantasy XV out of the picture for now, FFXIV is in and it’s back to E3 in a big way this year. Square Enix will be highlighting the game and its success this year in a variety of ways including a playable booth challenge featuring the Lord of the Whorl, Leviathan, as well as several broadcasts leading up to the second look at Patch 2.3 with the Letter from the Producer Live.

Square Enix has updated the Lodestone with preliminary times and dates (all in Pacific Time):

Tuesday, June 10 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
    Letter from the Producer LIVE at E3 (English)

Wednesday, June 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
    Square Enix Channel! in E3 Part 1 (Japanese)

Thursday, June 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XV (Japanese)

Thursday, June 12 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
    THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL (English)
    * Guest appearance by Yoshi-P.

Links to each livestream will be announced in the near future.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/0...ream-schedule/

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

edit: I can't read.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They will be able to be watched at https://www.youtube.com/user/SquareEnixPresents

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

The bomb has been dropped!

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Grammar is key here. New Classes. New Dungeons. Not New Areas.

(though technically dungeons are areas, and I know I'm being pedantic)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What bomb? We already knew all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Grammar is key here. New Classes. New Dungeons. Not New Areas.

(though technically dungeons are areas, and I know I'm being pedantic)
    Lol it says new dungeons and areas to explore.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just to increase speculation...

Along with the previous interviews depicting NIN, THF, and the Gun Class we know about, there has been other interviews that hinted at possible classes. I've data scraped two of them:

Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer Live VII

Q20: Is there any new information on musketeer?

A20: Nope!

Q21: Do you have any plans to add another healer besides the white mage?

A21: You might see a new class/job that can heal in the future
    ---

Q24: Will we be able to equip different types of weapons in the future?

A24: Hmmm. While I don’t want to say no, I personally think it’s better to just add new classes/jobs instead.

Q25: Will you be implementing weapons that attack multiple times?

A25: We are not thinking about introducing multi-hit weapons, but we are thinking to introduce this via abilities and skills.
    ---

Gamer Escape Interview with Naoki Yoshida: "The Truth is Out There"

Gamer Escape: It was mentioned that players will be able to call primal when they’ve defeated them. Does that mean we’ll see Summoner and Beastmaster types of classes and jobs?

Yoshida: We call tell you that we’ve decided to put a Summoner class in the game. I want to be a Summoner.

Gamer Escape: There was a tame ability mentioned as well, so does that mean Beastmaster as well?

Yoshida: Yes. The foundation or system for using pets in battle is currently being made. So yes in the future there will be a beast tamer type of class. Again, it’s all about that adding one class means adding more jobs and all these extra things. So all these jobs won’t come at the same time. It’s all about the priorities, but it is on the list and we are making preparations for it.
    Like one idea could be for example maybe having a beast tamer class and that job would be like a summoner type of job.
    ---

Gamer Escape: The next classes that are supposed to be coming are Arcanist and Musketeer. Are they going to make it in before 2.0? Is there anything you can tell us about that and the jobs they’ll get access too? I think I heard Arcanist will get access to a Geomancer job?

Yoshida: Currently the class balance is… there are a lot of attacker type classes and not enough caster classes. So our first priority if we’re adding new classes, is to start with caster classes and the second would be to add a pet class. Because right now there are no pet classes. If you talk about MMOs almost all of them have their pet class and so we need a pet class and we want to beef up the choices on the casting class side. Those are our top priorities. After that we can think about adding new attacker classes. The talk that’s going about saying that Arcanist and Musketeer are going to be next… those might not necessarily be the ones that are next. Yes they do appear in the scenarios and it looks like the foundations are there, but whether those will be the next ones or not, it again, depends more on… we’re looking at what the game needs rather than what’s already there. So if it means starting up something new so we can fill that, then yes, we’ll do that. As far as the job system and what jobs will be attached to them… we don’t know. As for the timing, we still don’t know if it’s going to be before 2.0. There’s a chance it could be before, and there’s a chance that it could be after.

As you know, the biggest problem with adding a new class is all the stuff you have to add with it. If you add a new class, you have to add a new job. When you add a new class and job, it means you have class and job quests and then you have class and job items and then you have battle balance and so it’s a lot of extra work. We first want to get the system with our current classes in place and balanced and once that’s done to a point we’re happy with, then the next step is adding those next classes. We have a list internally of what classes we’re thinking of and the jobs those go to. As for when they get done… that depends on the schedule. If everything works out then yes we’ll get these classes and jobs in sooner then hopefully you’re expecting.
    ---

And just for nostalgia:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107...-Transcription

Never forget.

We da bes.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Couple points of contingency however. The Gamer Escape interview was in Mid-Late 2011, before 2.0 was fully conceptualized. With that, the Producer Live Letter 7 was just before E3 2013. So in that sense the idea of a "new healer class" was that of Scholar, we just didn't know it yet at the time. Outside of that, I posted this because a new tamer class is ironically the only type of class Yoshi-P spoke about at length. This steps outside of the realm of Summoner, because he makes the differentiation between an summonable pet and a tamed pet.

Also it more or less points out Muskateer as the base class name.

Releasing new classes would be the best way to handle additional content.
    I mean, only adding THF/NIN would cause most of the player base to jump on the same exact job - which gives me WoW DK memories.

With Thief being probably melee / physical based, I'll be hoping for at least a ranged / magical one.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Lol it says new dungeons and areas to explore.
    The deliberate inclusion of "new" to modify the second noun (dungeons) implies that the third noun (areas) is not modified.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be new areas, I'm just pointing out that this use of language is unhelpful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Releasing new classes would be the best way to handle additional content.
    I mean, only adding THF/NIN would cause most of the player base to jump on the same exact job - which gives me WoW DK memories.

With Thief being probably melee / physical based, I'll be hoping for at least a ranged / magical one.
    I'm hoping for a new ranged bard type of class (i.e, corsair or the like). Currently all jobs have options. 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 casters, 2 melee. 1 ranged/support. I get that w/ a 4-8 man party based system it doesn't allow for a pure support role (they need to increase the party system to 5/10), but while I love bard, I would also love the ability to be able to play a new class that offers the same utility. Because as of now I can't play a new class for my static unless its a birdlike

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    birdlike
    Attorney at Law job confirmed

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I'm hoping for a new ranged bard type of class (i.e, corsair or the like). Currently all jobs have options. 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 casters, 2 melee. 1 ranged/support. I get that w/ a 4-8 man party based system it doesn't allow for a pure support role (they need to increase the party system to 5/10), but while I love bard, I would also love the ability to be able to play a new class that offers the same utility. Because as of now I can't play a new class for my static unless its a birdlike
    Bard technically already took the ffxi Corsair archtype with the buffing ranged attacker. Only problem is that it was quite a bit stronger than Corsair was because of the limitations of the XIV system with no support jobs. If anything, I would want anything corsair to be like a physical ranged job but somewhat similar to how BLMs have it with procs.

Personally I'd really like to see a Musketeer class evolving to Red Mage.
    It would be a twist similar to Arcanist (book class) going Summoner, and would keep the job more "magic attuned" instead of branching it off Gladiator.

I'd come back to play Samurai :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    The deliberate inclusion of "new" to modify the second noun (dungeons) implies that the third noun (areas) is not modified.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be new areas, I'm just pointing out that this use of language is unhelpful.
    Likely a mistake but I think the message is pretty clear.

THEARHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL producer Ichiro Hazama and Yoshi-P will go head to head in a rhythmic rematch! Will Ichiro Hazama have his revenge, or will Yoshi-P's reign as champion continue?
    Is this an epic rap battle?

actually, when mor dhona got updated recently, there is now a new non-targetable npc near the new gate you cannot go through in a stall. he says "you call that a knife? now this here's a knife." while polishing and showing off a musket. he also resembles a musketeer a bit. it might be an easter egg to tease us of musketeer coming soon? :D?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's not a knife, that's a spoon.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    actually, when mor dhona got updated recently, there is now a new non-targetable npc near the new gate you cannot go through in a stall. he says "you call that a knife? now this here's a knife." while polishing and showing off a musket.
    I noticed that guy yesterday, but uh, that's a fishing rod. Also, he's wearing FSH gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast