+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet issues.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Internet issues.

Back in the winter one of my dogs chewed the outside coax cable which started making the internet have some issues. Stuff will randomly stop load, not load at all or run really slow. One of the weird issues was every time we turned on our PCs for the first time of the day, is the internet would not work for the first few minutes. Thinking it was solely the cables fault I recently replaced it. While it did help, the problems are still there. Think it could be a modem issue?

Call your ISP.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I sent them an email as it's super late atm. Was just looking for advice because I had a back and forth with a previous ISP, ISP blamed phone company and phone company blamed ISP. Low and behold over a month later it was indeed the phone companies fault. Cable internet now, but yeah.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Unless something has changed or I'm remembering wrong, they will test the signal into your house free of charge. The moment they start testing your lines though, shit gets expensive unless you have a plan. If it is indeed something dog/cable/outside related, they will catch it and fix it. If not, at least then you can start troubleshooting your house.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well what i thought was gonna happen is happening. First tech they sent out fixed the cable, and by fix he cut the wire and only took out the chewed up segment and put a patch inbetween. It helped a little. Second tech came out cause our signals were low, he found a blown out fuse or something on the pole. It helped a lot, but issues still there. Contacting them again and they tell me everything looks good on their end and a few things to try at home (different cable etc). Nothing is completely getting rid of the issue.