BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Asus Rog vs MSI GS Ghost

So im down to buy either of this 2 laptops:

ASUS ROG G750JS-DS71 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop, GeForce GTX 870M Graphics

or

MSI GS60 Ghost-003

they both have their advantages but i sort of like the tickness of the MSI, my problem lies that i live in the dominican republic and is not very cold in here so the thickness of the MSI worries me that it can get very hot.

Also at least on paper i like the cold system of the Asus rog mainly because i have serious back problems and i tend to work/play in bed whenever im home or in a hotel.

My last laptop was a Ibuypower Valkirie CZ-27 and the video card died i still have it and use it whit the intel hd4000 and works fine i even do some gaming whit it (FF14) but i have a friend that is telling me that my card died bc i play in bed thats why the cold system of the Asus me likes but then other person is telling me that the MSI is as good, Can anyone confirm any info of this 2 laptops and recomend me one please.

Thank you

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In both laptops you would want to invest in some sort of cooling pad that could comfortably sit on your lap with the laptop on top. This will alleviate the overheating issues and will prevent a burn out. Plus, if it's hot where you are, I presume you'll have a fan or air conditioning. Pointing the fan at you with the cooling pad should give the laptop plenty of fresh air.

Despite what the advertising says I'm not convinced that the Asus is that much cooler, it only has a much much thicker chassis. I looked up your old laptop and if you felt comfortable with that on your lap then by all means go for the Asus. However, the GS60 isn't that bad despite the thin chassis; despite your hot conditions it might prove better to have a lighter laptop and a cooling pad than have a 5kg load on you; a guy on the forums whom I recommended it to loves the laptop and digging around the internet there doesn't seem to be any serious reports/worries about the heat. Plus, it's cheaper.

Let me know your thoughts, happy to discuss.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just to clarify i dont use the laptop on my lap, i use it on the bed itself, and i sort of wanna go whit the MSI just sort of wanna make sure it will last me and not break by the travelling and the cooling thing.

When i dont have work i can spend the whole day playing on it just worries me that the tickness can be a issue.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Never ever have a laptop sitting on a bed unless you got it propped up with a chill pad or something. you will have zero airflow and will bake your system, and yea can also set your bed on fire.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have another model of MSI and love it, but it is thin and gets hot (so hot that it can burn your hand actually) but its using a 700series gpu which get very hot. Other than that, it's a fantastic laptop.

I used to have an older model Asus G73, it was AWESOME, but really both are extremely similar. Check out sites like amazon and really just go through reviews and decide which from there.