Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's a GOTY sale on GMG if anyone wants to grab the PC version of Tomb Raider for around $6:
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pl/e...b-raider-goty/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/95...omb-raider-faq
    What does exclusive to Xbox mean?
    It means that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Does the exclusive to Xbox have a duration? Is it timed? How long is the duration? Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future?
    Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Did Crystal Dynamics know about this deal?
    Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.

Were the fans considered when making this decision? Are Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix aware of the franchise history with PlayStation and on PC?
    Of course. We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.

Why didn’t Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics say upfront it was a timed exclusive? Why all the indirect language?
    We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Lol fuck that shit. Guess I'll play this when it hits steam summer sale.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Next question: are you developing graphics/textures for all platforms based on the inferior specs of the xbone due to the timed exclusive, or will the ps4 and pc version have superior graphics/textures because of the superior hardware and extra development time due to the timed exclusive?

or for even more money will you release an hd/remastered version a year later with the textures that should've been on pc/ps4 from the beginning? thats what i have my money on.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can pretend that when it gets released outside the Xbox platform that they can advertise "Enhanced Edition" etc. But let's not pretend like there's a huge difference between PS4 and Xbox One, they're both gonna be dogshit compared to a proper PC version.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Pc version of last Tomb Raider was pretty freaking amazing, from a technical stand point. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt considering they earned it after their last piece of art.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

“Throughout history, the boldest have dared to go further. They risked death and in doing so live on forever. What drives these few to the ends of the earth? The desire to discover something more? The search for something greater? The world is full of unanswered questions. Beyond all limits, all reason. The answers await. For some, discovering the secrets of the world is the only way to live.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Day one!

Spoiler: show
    When it comes out on the ps4

Hope the AI is much harder than the previous game. Looks like they intentionally tried to make it appear like the bear was a mini-boss. I can't tell for sure, but I think "more toombs" feedback was answered in both size and quality.

My body is prepared.

this looks better to me than Uncharted

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

'exclusivity'
    Square Enix Announces Rise of the Tomb Raider Destined for Windows 10 and Steam in Early 2016 and PlayStation 4 in Holyday 2016

Square Enix today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, will be available for Windows 10 and Steam in early 2016. The game will be a console exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 for one year after its initial launch, comin to PlayStation 4 (PS4) in Holiday 2016. Renowned developer Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, is leading development in the latest entry in the iconic series for additional platforms.

In the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider, Lara Croft survived a harrowing experience only to be discredited as part of a cover up. Now, after uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerrilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first great Tomb Raiding expedition.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will premiere first, exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 10, 2015.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow thats a long time before coming to PS4. Oh well, will get it on steam.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn it's looking good.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Looks a lot better than e3 trailer did graphically.

I hope M$ doesnt get them to fuck the PC port up.

Also, I noticed her glow stick fall off at 11:40 then reappear a few seconds later.......because I was looking at dat ass

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why would Microsoft even want to fuck up the PC port?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Never know. They really want to push the sales on xbone.

I just hope it doesnt roll over into stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast