BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LM-31     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I wouldn't say I am completely innocent and follow their terms of service completely... but completely innocent of what they accused me of. If they had said something about 3rd pt tools I might be like well ok you got me make a new account and be more careful but knowing they can just make up charges kinda kills the desire to spend more money on a dieing game. Either way I plan on wasting their time like they wasted mine thru multiple calls

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Either way I plan on wasting their time like they wasted mine thru multiple calls
    Being hassled by hundreds of calls from an uberly and rightfully annoyed customer is the LEAST they deserve for what they did, honestly.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can't even begin to explain how poor and backwards SE's customer service is. I can't believe they let it stay so bad. It's like they don't even care and they hide behind terms of service. Such bullshit. I wish more people would vote with their dollar and just stop giving them money if this is how they're going to treat patrons. It's like dealing with a drug dealer who makes you suck his dick after paying him. Goodluck with your account.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So to double-check, if we're trading gil between toons, if we talk on both of those toons regularly we won't be flagged for RMT? I was a little worried about this because I have been using my alt to store gil on my mules (having gold chests in mog gardens is important T.T). I have also been aggregating money from NPCing mog garden crap onto my main on a regular basis.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    So to double-check, if we're trading gil between toons, if we talk on both of those toons regularly we won't be flagged for RMT? I was a little worried about this because I have been using my alt to store gil on my mules (having gold chests in mog gardens is important T.T). I have also been aggregating money from NPCing mog garden crap onto my main on a regular basis.
    They'll ban you for using "toon"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll ban your face!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I don't get how people can accept this so easily.
    I mean, one thing is if someone did something (wether small or big) and doesn't want to admit it and blames SE for being assholes (I remember a couple of people in the past).
    But if Dasva really did absolutely nothing this is... I don't know, completely unacceptable.
    It's not a matter of being legal or not (of course it's legal... it's their Terms of Service, they can do whatever the fuck they want), it's a matter of being completely unfair and unacceptable. It's... it's crazy, beyond crazy.
    There's only so much one can do before they just have to accept it.

My original account was hacked way back when. Had some issues with Firefox lagging and I needed to look something up, so in my ignorance I used IE. Just so happened to be around the time that those iframe attacks was happening to...ffxiah? Somepage? I forget which. Anyways, I got hit. Got hacked on a Friday night of course, so nothing I could do until Monday. Got the account locked down, restoration in progress, and I had to fax them a notarized copy of ID, and some form they emailed (they never actually emailed it, someone on BG shared a copy they had).

Fast forward 2 weeks later, and my account was banned for RMT activity. Went through what processes I could, but in the end, it was all for naught. Just have to accept that it's gone sometimes. Not defending their practices, but hiding behind ToS like a giant wall isn't exactly anything new either. Just that typically, most companies, they prefer to keep subs rather than piss off random customers with asinine customer service.

Campaign
    BG Level

These experiences are nightmareish. I wonder how we coped with such a customer service for over 11 years.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    Well they didn't actually tell me what the activities were precisely and hell I haven't exchange gil for awhile... so if you base it on the last couples of weeks and the full portion of the ToS they quoted to me I'd imagine they might flag just using alts to get stuff mostly for the main character as well. I mean literally the only thing I've done on that character in the last 2 weeks was farm salvage each day and assaults once a week for mythic most of the drops (read alex and garbage 45 peices) going to my main, fished all of about maybe 2mil in haks lol. And skilled up and geared pup and triboxed a couple AAs.... in fact I had triboxed some that very night

You admit to using third party tools and fishbotting, you shouldn't really be able to complain about your ban lol, RMT related or not, their ban is still legit. Pretty sure dualboxing is in itself against the ToS and flags for suspicious behavior (RMT are more likely to be dual or tripleboxing, which to them will show up as multiple characters on the same IP) So it's no wonder they mistook you for RMT with all these things combined (the gil, the third party tools, the fishbotting, the multiboxing, etc.) You really have no one to blame but yourself

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So you are saying it's completely legit to make up charges to punish someone if it just so happens that unknown to the people making up those charges they are breaking some other rules and that suspicion equals guilt? Yeah ok back to reality. If they had actually banned me with 3rd party tools sure I'd be to blame... which is why I rarely use any 3rd party tools other than vanilla windower and never afk. But they didn't which means I would've gotten banned regardless of using them or not which is why I wouldn't make another character to replace it... because even if they don't figure out it's me (fairly likely given their obvious laziness) and even if I play completely vanilla ffxi they clearly aren't against making up some charges

Dual boxing is not against the ToS btw (though playing someone else's account oddly is) also given the fact there hasn't even been so much as a single message sent to them I'm fairly certain they still don't even realize they are owned by the same person despite the fact that all the info is the same. Neither is having gil... especially considering I had only like 40 mil cause I've been actually mostly playing the character lately and only been making like 15-20 mil a month... ya know what some people make in a day or 2. While spending most of it... what person actually trying to make real money off the game makes so little and then spends it on things that can't be sold.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

As per the TOS, they technically can ban someone without any reason at all. That aside, the support center can't (or won't) tell you the specific reasons for a ban aside from the auto-generated message as it's "not their department"; I've found that requesting an explanation from the department actually involved with bannings can take more than three weeks if it even happens at all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    Pretty sure dualboxing is in itself against the ToS and flags for suspicious behavior (RMT are more likely to be dual or tripleboxing, which to them will show up as multiple characters on the same IP
    People blatantly and obviously bot 6+ characters at a time, all day every day, and have for a few years now. And they almost certainly get reported to GMs and/or the "special" task force about it regularly. Even if only 1 out of 10 of the butthurt people shouting about calling GMs actually do it, that's still a lot of calls.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    It might have been coz you type like an idiot.
    I wouldn't really care about this normally but its way too similar to situations where people say shit like "your an idiot" to let it slide here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What? Have is perfectly fine in that context.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You know what's upsetting?

There's a roving band of RMT on Ragnarok. They inflated ZNM prices to 4x what they should have been, and have been camped in Gustav for a week, online 100% of the time. I called a GM and said "Look, just login and follow them. Spend 5 minutes watching them and you'll know they are RMT". They are still in Gustav.

I kinda wish they would accept applications to GM, because I sure as hell could clean up a lot of this in a few days. Any of us could.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

they're probably given more red tape and policies than most world governments because MMO moderation is srs bsns

Relic Shield
    BG Level

"Have" is fine, but "of" is not. scroll up and read the original post.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    You know what's upsetting?

There's a roving band of RMT on Ragnarok. They inflated ZNM prices to 4x what they should have been, and have been camped in Gustav for a week, online 100% of the time. I called a GM and said "Look, just login and follow them. Spend 5 minutes watching them and you'll know they are RMT". They are still in Gustav.
    What the heck is in Gustav that would make people want to camp it that hard?

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Could be after Liminus Earring? Or they may think its 2005 and are after Bune