1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 12 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any use for levequests besides levelling?

Topic. I have tons of leves piling up but not much to use them on as my stock of 50s is steadily growing.

So...what else are leves good for? The gil and items rewards from them don't seem to amount to much. I know they are designed for easy levelling but is that really all there is to levequests?

I guess I just don't like having leves pile up and having nothing to do with them. I'm a min-maxer from way back, so it rankles me somewhat to not make the full use of everything.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you're bothered that much by them going to waste, do GC leves to earn credit toward those achievements (GC leves completed, GC seals earned, etc). There's a bunch of levecount achievements. Plus at the top end (the Lv 45 quests) you can get parts to make relic weapons which (sometimes) sell for a modest amount.

Whenever I go to Ul'dah I always swing through the guild to see if any of the ALC achievement are offering the grimoire binding, for example.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also your thread is in the wrong place.

Yeah I just realized that just now. Sorry about that. Can a moderator move it?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

money, some crafting leves have super cheap mats and give decent money reward, especially those multi turn ins.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Even easier than super cheap mats is simply "buy from NPC, turn in for leve for profit + shards". x100 leves, x8 characters. Rolling in shards.

So getting shards seem the best use of leves huh? I guess you use the low-level (5-15) ones mainly?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

56 shards for the cost of 1 mega potion and a free tele to Coerthas is pretty decent. You really just collect any leves you come across that have good profit margins. Triple turn-ins for horn glue and shark oil often give 100+ shards per 1 allowance, but clearly those items are worth more than the rewards for the quest. However, plenty of other high level leves are worth doing especially if your retainer gathers the materials:
    Everything Alchemy that isnt a book, glue, or oil
    All leather strips
    All pieces of lumber
    All cobalt/steel/iron products except those that use shark oil
    All gsm products except those that use random ingredients you dont have stacks of
    All wvr products that dont cost linen yarn
    Nothing for CUL (noone has the inventory space for that)

I usually run around with 12/16 allowances at a time, all of them give bonus (24-60) shard rewards. NQ gil (300+) is worth 5 shards on Hyperion so HQ more than pays for the synthesis.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    a free tele to Coerthas
    I assume you're saying you have homepoint/fob-aetheryte set to Dragonhead? Or is there some kind of "free teleport to XYZ" thing for the Ingenuity guildleves that I am blissfully unaware of?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Little bit of both perhaps? Free if i pay any less than 404g to get to Coerthas

(The leve reward is 404g which helps to pay for the cost of travel. If you pay anything less than that, it goes toward the cost of the mugwort, but noone makes megapotions, you get them from treasure chests.)

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Oh, I see. Was just making sure I wasn't missing some "Talk to the leve issuer for a FREE teleport to BFE!" mechanic.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Nothing for CUL (noone has the inventory space for that)
    Honey Muffins @ Quarrymill. Buy from Buscaroon's Druthers or w/e in the same zone. Fire and water shards. Gil profit to boot. Is what I hinted at in previous post but I'm too lazy to be roundabout today.

I mean yeah the higher level stuff is better but for easy mass leve offloading, this is king.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Thank you fucking sir. That is *right* in my level range right now on CUL and I've been ignoring CUL forever.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

In the case of having like 8 chars, you can similarly NPC-buy your way up to Honey Muffins too. Table Salt, Orange Juice, Salt Cod, Chicken & Mushrooms.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

As a longterm goal if you really want to make people go wtf there's a "Honest Gillionaire" title after you make 10m off leves. :D

Some claim it can pop s rank

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, if you just want to burn them and get some use out of them, you can:

1) Start leve
    2) Look on field for treasure chest
    3) Hope for blue one with silver bands for gear
    4) Open chest, abandon the leve, then immediately retry the leve; if no chest, just abandon and retry
    5) Repeat steps 1-4 99 times

Takes like an hour and you'll probably end up with ~30 pieces of Aetherial gear which you can then turn into your GC and convert to Philo mats for money; that's like 18,000 seals. Or you can save the gear and use it for Spiritbonding; I seem to remember Aetherial gear having a better chance of higher tier materia, but not sure. Annoying thing is that a bunch of different random gear can drop, including weapons which you'd be crazy to SB with.

There are better ways to make money and the only reason I know this is because I did it a ton at Bluefog for R40 Wolves' Den twink gear before FL came out. The LV 45 leve spots are better for the purpose mentioned above.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think he wanted to hit 10 posts.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Well, if you just want to burn them and get some use out of them, you can:

1) Start leve
    2) Look on field for treasure chest
    3) Hope for blue one with silver bands for gear
    4) Open chest, abandon the leve, then immediately retry the leve; if no chest, just abandon and retry
    5) Repeat steps 1-4 99 times

Takes like an hour and you'll probably end up with ~30 pieces of Aetherial gear which you can then turn into your GC and convert to Philo mats for money; that's like 18,000 seals. Or you can save the gear and use it for Spiritbonding; I seem to remember Aetherial gear having a better chance of higher tier materia, but not sure. Annoying thing is that a bunch of different random gear can drop, including weapons which you'd be crazy to SB with.

There are better ways to make money and the only reason I know this is because I did it a ton at Bluefog for R40 Wolves' Den twink gear before FL came out. The LV 45 leve spots are better for the purpose mentioned above.
    This guy has been waiting since June 13th for your reply Wulf. Thank you for finally delivering.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    This guy has been waiting since June 13th for your reply Wulf. Thank you for finally delivering.
    Wulf is trying to hit 10k posts duh.