1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fates that drop Atma     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

please post a screenshot of the mob, the gil message, and the timestamp if you are able. ty

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    please post a screenshot of the mob, the gil message, and the timestamp if you are able. ty
    don't forget the direction you were facing when the mob died and difference in ilvl.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If the implication is that all mobs drop gil... analogy fail much? Why don't you go farm some lost lambs so you can afford a better education. Some of us don't think its ridiculous to collect data.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
    If the implication is that all mobs drop gil... analogy fail much? Why don't you go farm some lost lambs so you can afford a better education. Some of us don't think its ridiculous to collect data.
    Collecting Data is fine

But it's already been said that EVERY fate in a zone can drop an Atma

He just want attention or trying to say OMG i play 2h per day i can't get my atma QQ

Since you like collecting Data so much, go farm Twintania, and tell me if there is a higher drop % for a specific weapon when you have Echo on for the kill shot

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Alright. Let's make this more clear for you.

http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/Ik...ZPRkRFU0M6Ig==

That's a list of FATEs in Upper La Noscea. There's 18 of them. What you're asking is for people to confirm that all 18 FATEs CAN drop an atma, then confirm multiple drops from every FATE to consider whether or not one is more frequent than the others. In June, in the year of our Lord 2014 when this shit's been out since 2.2.

Yeah. Ridiculous.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

it's just data man. y u hating on my mob gil list?

is it because i just want to crowdsource other people's time on my cockamamie idea without any initial effort on my own?

is it because the amount of data it would require is unrealistic and would still ultimately be inconclusive?

or is it because the premise we're trying to reverse engineer would have almost negligible impact on anything?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Alright. Let's make this more clear for you.

http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/Ik...ZPRkRFU0M6Ig==

That's a list of FATEs in Upper La Noscea. There's 18 of them. What you're asking is for people to confirm that all 18 FATEs CAN drop an atma, then confirm multiple drops from every FATE to consider whether or not one is more frequent than the others. In June, in the year of our Lord 2014 when this shit's been out since 2.1.

Yeah. Ridiculous.
    2.2*

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If it is so ridiculous to assume that could be confirmed then perhaps it is a good idea to look at it. What difference does it make that the content has been out for 3 months? No one is saying this needs to be confirmed today.

SE plans to continue to build on this content. That means it will remain relevant for a long time. There is no reason not to collect information about it really.

I have 3 atma weapons and I wouldn't mind doing more in the future. If there is a way to learn more about them so we could do them quicker fine by me. And if it proves to be RNG, then no loss.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If it is so ridiculous to assume that could be confirmed then perhaps it is a good idea to look at it.
    my brain!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Let me break it down for you then. If something cannot be confirmed, it is not logical to say that it is true. Therefore, if we can't easily confirm that all fates in a zone drop the atma then saying "of course they do" is not the proper response.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

If it is so ridiculous to assume that could be confirmed then perhaps it is a good idea to look at it. What difference does it make that the content has been out for 3 months? No one is saying this needs to be confirmed today.

SE plans to continue to build on this content. That means it will remain relevant for a long time. There is no reason not to collect information about it really.

I have 3 atma weapons and I wouldn't mind doing more in the future. If there is a way to learn more about them so we could do them quicker fine by me. And if it proves to be RNG, then no loss.
    You're still not grasping the scope of what's being asked. Relevant drop data for every FATE for every zone. You've done three atma weapons, that's great. You've collected 3 atma from each zone. That's great. Now go collect at least one for every single FATE in every single zone, multiple times. Do you see what's being requested here? You'd need to do dozens and dozens of atma weapons to even approach that sort of data, and even then this content has been blown through by most of the people who post here. This is an Official-Forums or Reddit type of inquiry.

Edit:
    Let me break it down for you then. If something cannot be confirmed, it is not logical to say that it is true. Therefore, if we can't easily confirm that all fates in a zone drop the atma then saying "of course they do" is not the proper response.
    Further reading. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scienti...en_of_evidence

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

next live letter.

Me: "please ask an interesting question about design philosophy, itemization in new coil, anything"
    Bayohne: "Ok so our next question is: 'Can any fate drop an atma?'"
    Yoshida: "[Yes, but we're adding atma to daily low level dungeon roulette to help people catch up.]"
    Bayohne: "Great! Well, that's all the time we have for today!"
    Me: "FK"

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    This is an Official-Forums or Reddit type of inquiry.
    I agree with that. But actually, yes I do grasp the scope of this. It is too much for anyone to do alone. That's why posting in multiple places and getting as much data as possible from different people is a good idea. Perhaps BG isn't the best place to ask, but the idea itself isn't a bad one.

Well now I am glad I didn't post the data I have already. I will just continue to collect it with my FC and keep whatever we discover private so everyone else can keep complaining about atma drops. I find it funny people know for a fact it drop from every fate. How do you know that? Have you gotten a drop from every fate or know people who have gotten it from every fate?

A light goes off when your roommate and yourself get 3/4 atma drops in the same zone from the same fate, along with some other zones having the same fate drop an atma for both of us. Could it just be a coincidence? Sure, but I highly doubt it.

BTW I have never complained about atma drops as lots of people seem to think I have. Whenever I think about complaining about atma drops I just think back to Dynamis, sozu rogberry, or getting my relic in XI and lots of other things that took a heck of a lot more time, energy, and effort and then there isn't any problem or any reason to complain since getting an atma weapon is joke to get in the grand scheme of things.

Just continue to be winy bitches who don't try to find a better way. Later losers.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

But did you get a tonberry with a map you fished up?!

Some fates don't spawn automatically, they go into a preparing state where a person has to interact with a NPC to spawn it.

Have we collected any data if how long you wait to spawn a few impacts drop rate?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this in general. Is missing FATEs really that big of a concern? When I did my atma it was during the initial surge and we basically stomped everything into the dirt in short order. If there was some secret trick to certain FATEs putting out, there would have been a LOT less bitching. Clearly, we're doing it wrong.

Oh, since the OP abandoned his thread (after telling us all about his successes in XI, I didn't realize he was so famous) can we change it to figuring out the secret boss and loot from Coil 1 Turn 3? We haven't ruled everything out, so it's only fair to collect more data. I propose a class-only run where you keep the mirrorskins alive.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a little late to the party, it seems, but regarding atma drop rates:

It's a bloody RNG, with a success rate of approximately 1 in 50. Like all RNGs, it goes on streaks at times, like coincidentally dropping an atma for in the same FATE for a small group of people.

People often mistake these streaks for actual patterns. This phenomenon is so common that science has given it a name - apophenia. Further reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

And if you're this worked up about atma drop rates, have fun with the FATE respawn times for the animus books and the alex drop rates for the novus weapons.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Serenseven View Post
    I'm a little late to the party, it seems, but regarding atma drop rates:

It's a bloody RNG, with a success rate of approximately 1 in 50. Like all RNGs, it goes on streaks at times, like coincidentally dropping an atma for in the same FATE for a small group of people.

People often mistake these streaks for actual patterns. This phenomenon is so common that science has given it a name - apophenia. Further reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

And if you're this worked up about atma drop rates, have fun with the FATE respawn times for the animus books and the alex drop rates for the novus weapons.
    He and his crack team of FATE players will find the secret to alex drops while we're still here bitching like losers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

This thread: