1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 13 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fates that drop Atma     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fates that drop Atma

When I look around the web for any information on atma drop rates from fates all you can find is people complaining about the drop rate of atmas and that SE needs to fix it.

SE is telling us that the drop rate is between 7-10% on atmas from fates while a lot of the player base is saying that drop rate is 1% or less.

The thing that I have noticed is that it seems some fates seem to drop an atma a decent amount of the time while other fates do not seem to drop it at all. I would not put it past SE that some fates can drop the atma at 7-10% while other fates have a 0% drop rate. If this is the case that would explain why it seems to be around the 1% drop rate that the player base is saying it is. This would also explain why some people have farmed for 4-8 hours and not gotten a drop. Someone in my LS has said they have farmed for 20 hours before without getting a drop but they also have said that they only stick to low level fates since they can do more of them. If that person kept hitting fates that have a 0% chance to drop then that would explain why it seems like some people have bad luck with the drop rate.

I would like for this thread to be a place to post confirmed fates that do drop atmas. If we can come up with a list and figure out which fates drop atmas and what ones do not then it would be much easier to farm for atmas.

Please keep this thread to constructive information so we can help everyone out with getting their atma weapons. Please do not complain about atma drop rates in this thread. If you want to complain about the drop of atmas take it to another thread please.

Post the zone and the name of the fate you have gotten an atma drop from. Please provide a SS if at all possible.

This post will be for the list of confirmed fates that drop atmas and what zone they are from.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Where is your source that "SE is telling us that the drop rate is between 7-10%" ?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

don't need this thread

Any fate in the listed zones can drop atma

SIMPLE as that

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hey, if he wants to spin his wheels on a theory you don't believe in, what's it going to hurt you?

I'm normally first in line to jump on craftingdirection theories but I'll give this one some leeway. I'll give him data.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

They drop from all the fates in those zones, as well as mysterious maps your fish up.

You have a 0% drop rate if you're not farming, so if some theory gets you to go out and farm instead of do nothing.. it works.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Hey, if he wants to spin his wheels on a theory you don't believe in, what's it going to hurt you?

I'm normally first in line to jump on craftingdirection theories but I'll give this one some leeway. I'll give him data.
    Cuz this is not the OF, we don't believe in witchcraft here

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Cuz this is not the OF, we don't believe in witchcraft here
    SE's been known for some odd witchcraft though... /fume

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This isn't FFXI. XIV devs have no time for stupid crap like affecting probability rates on a per-fate basis.

I just finished my 2nd Atma weapon on Friday. I don't spend more than 45-60 minutes at any time farming and it took about 2 weeks or so for each of them. It's RNG and if anything It seemed to me like the more time between getting atma, the quicker I got it. Not saying that means anything it's purely anecdotal, but just my observation.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    They drop from all the fates in those zones, as well as mysterious maps your fish up.

Beaten. Dammit.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Since when is collecting data witchcraft? Whether you think it is RNG or you think it is not collecting data is the only way to prove it. It would be a refreshing change from the endless complaints about atmas not dropping.

Its not like he's asking you to start farming a different way.

If everyone farms the way they want to farm and then posts here with the fates that drop atmas for them, we should have a clear picture soon enough of whether it is RNG or whether some fates have a higher drop rate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

The very nature of the thread implies that there are some FATEs in the specified zones that do not in fact drop Atma. "I don't think this works, prove me wrong" threads by their nature are not worth it, because everyone knows you can't get a Tonberry from a map that you mined up if your name starts with a W.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You will only have a muddy picture. It won't get clear until hundreds of people have posted and I don't even think 100 unique people post in this section.

If you want to prove or disprove the so-called witchcraft you need a much larger sample size. Putting this on reddit might be a better avenue in that case.

Wow, you would think by some of these comments I was asking people while they are in the middle of doing a fate to stop what they are doing and do the hokie pokie to try and up their drop rate.

This is just data collecting and you don't even have to change anything.
    Just when you get a atma drop you just post saying this fate dropped an atma. That is it.

With enough data we can see if there are any patterns and see if there is a way to make farming easier.

Also I have only been playing XIV for two months and I already have one atma weapon and I am almost halfway done my second one.

Unlike the lot of people playing the game I think the atma system is good. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like it easier.

I find it funny people will take 30 seconds to complain about something but they won't take 30 seconds to try help everyone. So backwards.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Heie View Post
    Wow, you would think by some of these comments I was asking people while they are in the middle of doing a fate to stop what they are doing and do the hokie pokie to try and up their drop rate.

Just when you get a atma drop you just post saying this fate dropped an atma. That is it.

With enough data we can see if there are any patterns and see if there is a way to make farming easier.

Also I have only been playing XIV for two months and I already have one atma weapon and I am almost halfway done my second one.

Unlike the lot of people playing the game I think the atma system is good. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like it easier.

I find it funny people will take 30 seconds to complain about something but they won't take 30 seconds to try help everyone. So backwards.
    BECAUSE ITS BEEN ALMOST THREE MONTHS

We all know its any fate, you wanting to create a list just screams "I've had a bad drop rate and want something to comfort me"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Heie View Post

You might have had more ground here if you'd posted this thread in March when everyone was doing it. The sort of data you're asking for would need hundreds of confirmations and the initial wave is long over.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

hi i am assembling a list of mobs that drop gil, please post here when you receive gil

BG Level

Lost Lamb lv 2 12 gil

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast