1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

wtb entire team of ninja's in 2.4

>.>

Here's to hoping its fun like arathi basin in wow... maybe I'll go whm, just to fluid toss toss someone off a cliff and kill them... >

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As worth of a fast queue will be to anyone involved with PvP. I think people will believe Frontlines will be dead on arrival due to their [limted] experience with The Wolves Den, but the fact of that matter is that a large majority of players don't like to be put on the spot in a small man party. Being in a 24-man party will be much more enjoyable to players because they can blend into part of a larger crowd/force to fight against another crowd/force. There's also the removal of Morale (retarded stat, should be removed overall).

People will do Frontlines for a good while based on those facts until it too becomes stale (which I bet is going to be approx 2 months from release). I for one will ride that shit like a boss for Wolf Marks.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    As worth of a fast queue will be to anyone involved with PvP. I think people will believe Frontlines will be dead on arrival due to their [limted] experience with The Wolves Den, but the fact of that matter is that a large majority of players don't like to be put on the spot in a small man party. Being in a 24-man party will be much more enjoyable to players because they can blend into part of a larger crowd/force to fight against another crowd/force. There's also the removal of Morale (retarded stat, should be removed overall).

People will do Frontlines for a good while based on those facts until it too becomes stale (which I bet is going to be approx 2 months from release). I for one will ride that shit like a boss for Wolf Marks.
    I'm just excited for the "territories" aspect of it. I can get into that kind of PVP. Not interested in straight up PVP.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    There's also the removal of Morale (retarded stat, should be removed overall).
    Oh, is that true? I assumed it would still apply, was looking forward to actually using my (retainer's) PvP gear.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I'm just excited for the "territories" aspect of it. I can get into that kind of PVP. Not interested in straight up PVP.
    I'm excited about all of it myself. I was also excited about The Wolves' Den, but the entire Morale deal was pretty bad in conception (which is obvious by people doing massive win trading and/or skipping 50 matches for 30 & 40).

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Oh, is that true? I assumed it would still apply, was looking forward to actually using my (retainer's) PvP gear.
    Yeah, was mentioned in the most recent Live Letter when they explained Frontlines. Won't be any morale, but there will be item level syncing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

fuck my ass that's so dumb. i have rank 30+ friends in all 3 GCs, in order to play together they'd have to go back to rank 1?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't know why SE hates people playing with their own friends.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I don't know why SE hates people playing with their own friends.
    Friends are for real life only.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I miss that disclaimer.

Also, be sure to read that picture with this playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hJk5W30LdU

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I miss that disclaimer.

Also, be sure to read that picture with this playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hJk5W30LdU
    Playonline's music, sounds and everything else forever burned in memory.

I knew SE would not disappoint.

They never met a piece of content they couldn't ruin.

I also love how they took everything PvP related prior to this and made it entirely meaningless in one fell swoop.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It was a good change. Morale is the stupidest thing ever. Should just make PvP armor have decent stats so it increases incentive to actually do the content.

They wanted PvP to be separate from PvE since PvE mechanics aren't at all tuned for PvP.

They fucked up PvP via the Wolve's Den by making it an extremely dull, absurdly long grind. 4v4 only, 1 battlefield, no objectives other than "kill those other guys".

Removing any incentive for acquiring PvP gear doesn't retroactively fix that it just throws it all out the window. Had they made an effort to make it interesting in the first place people would have actually taken an interest.

It was ridiculous with Wolves Den to only have 1 mode where you spend more time waiting and preparing than the actual match

Wolves Den would have been nice, if there was a "rematch" button everyone could hit and go again instead of queuing all over again.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It would have the opposite effect actually -- I agree that they didn't even put in as much effort as needed, but I also believe they went about things the wrong way. I'm pretty sure they thought PvP would have taken off in a big way and there would have been constant matches between 2.1 and Frontline. You can tell this by the way they made absolutely no effort to make [major] adjustments for those that lose matches (win:loss ratio should have been scaled way better, considering queue times).

Morale very obviously makes i50 matches very lopsided in favor of those who have the sets -- there's absolutely no encouragement to do PvP at all when you have to wait 10-40 minutes for a match, only to get rolled by people in PvP sets, hence why people avoid i50 matches at all. Essentially, everything has since gone out of the window regardless -- no one does PvP for the Morale bonuses on the gear, they do PvP so they can have a new look to glamour onto their PvE sets. They could change Morale to a bonus stat for equipping multiple pieces of the full set, similar to GC gear works. Or they could keep Morale and add that set stat in addition, similar to how PvP gear is in WoW.

If they made PvP more appealing those issues would have been lessened (tho certainly not eliminated).

The matchmaking system tries to group people based on rank, rank is basically a way to check what ilvl pvp gear you're likely to have. If you're rank 0-10 and probably just have the crafted stuff it tries to match you with others of similar capabilities, the gap only widens and becomes unbalanced when no "balanced" matches can be put together with the pool of people in the queue.

If they made an actual effort to make PvP more varied/fun/less of a tedious grind, there would be more people of varied ranks in the pool at any given time and more evenly matched groups could be put together and you wouldn't have new players in crafted i55 gear waiting 20 mins in queue only to peek through the gates at people in i100 gear on the other side saying "well, fuck".

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If they speed up the the pace on lvling in PvP more people would participate. Kind of like PvE getting to 50 isn't that big of a chore and most of the game takes place at 50. Let people rank up in a couple weeks and then grind for the top gear would be a better game plan.