Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmmm I guess math will determine but the points you guys made are quite valid... the loss of acc and att you can get from Eniment or Homestead might be too much for the extra dps from the OAT buff. Well at least for higher level content.

Probably be cool toys for older stuff.

Edit: I was just thinking about how crazy it would be to use those two 115 lvl axes that war/bst can use too

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    It's interesting to note how two very important stats are missing: Magic Accuracy
    I'd imagine we'll see this as a unique aug from the 7th Dark WKR.

Campaign
    BG Level

Supposing there will be a 7th WKR, Malithar. A lot of things made us believe so ("exchange seven treasures" and others) but the latest missions kinda make me believe that the 7th Naakual won't be a WKR =/

@Treize
    They're definitely cool things for old stuff, I'm already thinking to get a few for jiggle despite what the outcome of the math will be.
    But hey, rejoice, there's still armour options! It's not all about weapons.
    Even if the amount/types of augments we got is somehow disappointing, there are still some pretty cool options, EVEN for people like us with multiple 119 items in every slot.

On a side note, further data hinting at a ~40% OAT rate can be found HERE

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Am I correct in thinking that +8 INT is almost always better than +4 magic damage for nuking?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that +8 INT is almost always better than +4 magic damage for nuking?
    I have the same doubts.
    On very low level stuff (dINT etc) and where you're beyond cap for macc, then +4 Mdamage might be better for low tier nukes?
    I know I'm gonna put INT on both my Buremte Hat and Otomi Gloves even just for the small amount of "macc" it would grant me over +4 mdam (my macc build currently sucks, so every bit helps)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    From a straight dmg perspective on similar level mobs yes. However T1 nukes do have dint caps at 100 dint so in those cases no. The reason they were probably in the same group is for a more general stat to improve magic dmg in a variety of jobs, spells, ws, abilities etc. Plus int isn't always the stat mod for magic dmg and base stats don't effect some magic dmg at all

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    However T1 nukes do have dint caps at 100 dint
    Oooh?

Then what do you suggest? Of course I'm talking about augmenting Buremte Hat and Otomi Gloves (putting either INT+8 or Mdam+4 on Uk'uxkaj Boots would be kinda pointless for nuking purposes...) which I use in my low tier set.
    Motenten needs to update his magic damage calculator spreadsheet!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On anything that matters that you're nuking (Woh gates mobs, Skirmish 2/3 mobs, Delve mobs), you're not going to cap dINT, even for tier 1 nukes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The dmg equations are easy to do. But yeah as said you probably not going to cap except on fodder

I for one will be getting an Atoyac with OAT and racc +15 for my cor and rng.

Edit: Can't get snapshot, so I'll get OAT I guess, but the racc will be nice offhand for /nin or /dnc on rng and will be a nice main hand on cor.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does OAT carry over into ranged?

Campaign
    BG Level

Seriously doubt it, just like I doubt it carries from offhand to mainhand (and viceversa) and I also think it doesn't work during WSs or JAs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It does not carry over to the other hand; it's hand-exclusive. I haven't tested for WS yet, though I imagine if it applies to them it'd have to be mainhand only.

It might carry over to ranged; ToM had an "Occ. Atk. Twice" and "Occ. Atk. 2-4 times" on its multiattack trial bows. If I remember correctly, these gave you the equivalent of Double Shot/2-4 Barrage at 108/44 DMG ratings respectively. So it's possible that we could use that OAT for a 40% Double Shot rate (assuming the reports so far are accurately pinpointing it at ~40% rate). Put that on the tiger bow and you're in business, along with 15 R.acc from Matriarch. That -54 skill might hurt a bit though. Combine it with the Double Shot rate/damage augment though... OAT probably won't proc the damage but normal Double Shots will... I can see it being a fast TP bow if you can hit with it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Might be good but part of the problem with OAX with rng is the huge amount from double shot since they are factored separately... though I suppose what it will really depend on is if relic head augment works with it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I augmented 2 Lv. 115 weapons.

Atoyac - Attack +20 and OAT

Kuakuakait - Accuracy +15 and OAT

thoughts?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just augmented Kaquljaan with ACC+15 an OAT to mess around on WAR. Going to do the same for Maochinoli and Hatxiik.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Stupid question.....If i apply OAT on H2H weapon, it proc on main hand only?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kaquljaan with Acc+15/OAT is stupid fun on Rune Fencer when you're fighting ~115 fodder on top of all your other multi-hit. I was basically guaranteed at least two attack rounds. Looks like a good toy when messing around, and Aettir will be the go-to for higher end stuff.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdee View Post
    I think it works on both hands... Haven't augmented the H2H yet to try it out.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdee View Post
    No way to tell without doing it, it's applied inconsistently.