Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

ilevel 115 Naakuals drop "Arcane Glyptics" augmentation system

Let's discuss the possible augments for these items and see what's going to be worth to look after.

Where to augment?
    Prah Janimhar in Western Adoulin (J-9) is the only one capable of engraving this type of glyptic

What do I need to augment?
    One of the six RoE key items relative to Naakuals kills and one of the augmentable items. Each KI will allow you to choose 2 augments from the list for every item. You can reaugment them, but you'll need a new KI for that.

Which are the augments?
    Augments are divided in two groups: Shared and Unique.
    Each KI will allow you to augment its related items with two bonuses, one from the Unique group and one from the Shared group.
    The Shared group has these 3 possible augments:
    Spoiler: show
    1. Melee Weapon - Accuracy+30, Magic Accuracy+30, Occassionally attacks twice
    2. Ranged Weapon - Ranged Accuracy+30, Magic Accuracy +30, Occassionally attacks twice
    3. Armor - HP+30 MP+30, Physical/Magical Damage Taken-2%, Haste+2% Snapshot+2%

The Unique list has 3 possible augments for each KI:
    • Matriarch Naakual paragon
      Weapon - Eva+15, STP+5, Racc+15
      Armor - Eva+10, AGI+8, Fast Cast +3
    • Riptide Naakual paragon
      Weapon - Magic Evasion +15, Magic Accuracy +15, MP+30
      Armor - "Magic Def. Bonus" +2, MND+8, Magic Evasion +10
    • Firebrand Naakual paragon
      Weapon - Attack+20, Ranged Attack+20, Weapon skill damage+2%
      Armor - Attack+10, STR+8, Ranged Attack+10
    • Ligneous Naakual paragon
      Weapon - DT-2%, Regen +3, Cure Pot Recieved +5%
      Armor - PDT-2%, VIT+8, HP+30
    • Booming Naakual paragon
      Weapon -Acc+15, Crit rate+4%, Crit dmg+2%
      Armor - Counter+2, DEX+8, SC Dmg +2.
    • Flashfrost Naakual paragon
      Weapon - Magic Attack Bonus +10, Magic Damage+15, Enmity-10
      Armor - Magic Damage+4, INT+8, MP+30

How do I obtain a Paragon KI?
    Kill a Naakual with the related RoE trial active.

List of augmentable items for each Paragon KI
    • Matriarch Naakual paragon
      Kaabnax Hat
      Kaabnax Trousers
      Kuakuakait
      Hatxiik
    • Riptide Naakual paragon
      Ejekamal Boots
      Ejekamal Mask
      Azukinagamitsu
      Atoyac
      Atetepeyorg
    • Firebrand Naakual paragon
      Otomi Helm
      Otomi Gloves
      Xiutleato
      Maochinoli
    • Ligneous Naakual paragon
      Buremte Hat
      Buremte Gloves
      Tamaxchi
      Ixtab
    • Booming Naakual paragon
      Uk'uxkaj Hat
      Uk'uxkaj Boots
      Xbalanque
      Hunahpu
      Kaquljaan
    • Flashfrost Naakual paragon
      Quiahuiz Leggings
      Quiahuiz Helm
      Ajjub Bow
      Baqil Staff

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Two things to note: One, I don't think it matters what 115 item you trade; i.e. it doesn't have to be related to the paragon type. Second, I don't have a list of "shared" because this is all I was given when I talked to her without selecting an item to trade. I can toss something at her in a minute though; I'm sure WKRs will be very popular for a bit.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Matriarch:
    Weapon - Eva+15, STP+5 (Hell yeah!), Racc+15
    Armor - Eva+10, AGI+8, FC+3 (This one is possibly intriguing)

Ligeneous:
    Weapon - DT-2%, Regen +3 (!), Cure Pot Recieved +5%
    Armor - PDT-2%, VIT+8, HP+30 (ew...)

Booming:
    Weapon -Acc+15, Crit rate+4%, Crit dmg+2%
    Armor - Counter+2, Dex+8, SC Dmg +2. Ew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Flashfrost:
    Weapon - Magic Attack Bonus +10, Magic Damage+15, Enmity-10
    Armor - Magic Damage+4, INT+8, MP+30

Firebrand:
    Weapon - Attack+20, Ranged Attack+20, Weapon skill damage+2%
    Armor - Attack+10, STR+8, Ranged Attack+10 (Otomi helm just got sexier)

SHARED Augments:

Melee Weapon - Accuracy+30, Magic Accuracy+30, Occassionally attacks twice (!!)
    Ranged Weapon - Ranged Accuracy+30, Magic Accuracy +30, Occassionally attacks twice (??)
    Armor - HP+30 MP+30, Physical/Magical Damage Taken-2%, Haste+2% Snapshot+2%
    ---------------------

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Two things to note: One, I don't think it matters what 115 item you trade; i.e. it doesn't have to be related to the paragon type.
    Are you saying you could for instance spend a Booming Paragon KI to enhance Otomi Helm? (which is a drop from Achuka).
    Sound strange to me, you sure? But it would sure be very cool.

Thanks for the provided data btw guys, just updated first post, please tell me if you see any error (or correct them yourself if you're a mod! )
    The OAT on ranged weapon looks a bit off. Maybe it's a mistranlation of occasionally double damage or something?

My two cents on the weapons augments: Some possible augments are very very cool, but the low skill on those weapons, even if used offhand, kinda make the OCD in me very unsatisfied. I wouldn't mind for them to have less attack than my main weapon, but having less acc is just annoying. Would mean that to reach acc cap I either have to over-acc my main weapon, or leave my offhand below cap... it's so annoying. Or is it just me who feels this way?
    This is mainly an issue for dualwielded weapons, I wouldn't feel that bad for 2H probably.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Occ. attacks twice augments are potentially interesting for DW jobs

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not that I expect much beyond +8 Mnd, +5 MDB, and some other random water theme junk, but any word on what Shark's KI gives?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Confirming it works across items~ Just put OAT and Crit Rate+4% with Booming on my Xiuleato.

Campaign
    BG Level

Shark is the only one missing from the list atm, Malithar.
    Thanks for confirming that, Kensagaku.

Despite the somehow not too small delay, an Atoyac could be a very interesting offhand weapon for THF, DNC and ddBRD if and IF the OAT applies to both hands (and I suppose it should work during WS?)
    It's strange that they didn't specify a value for the OAT bonus, it's the first exception we see in a couple of months.

The other possible bonus let's see... WS damage +2% seems too small to me. And Crit Damage +2% is utterly disappointing. Why so small of a crit damage bonus? Considering we've seen many weapons with 10% and more I would expect at least a 5% there, 2% seems so little =/
    Even if we can find a cool combination of bonuses for weapons, they still come at a big cost.
    Leaving aside the base damage, you're giving away ~56 attack and ~56 accuracy compared to an ilevel 119 weapon. That's quite a big difference and it's gonna take quuuuuite a good combination to compensate for that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As I stated, there's a huge amount of versatility. You can use them across items, I used a Hurkan KI on a Achuka weapon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Player on my server yelled that OAT is 30-50%.... Take that with a big grain of salt

Campaign
    BG Level

Seriously doubt it.
    Also wonder if that OAT works on WS.
    If I recall OAT from Magian didn't work during WS, whereas OAT from AM3, Jailer Weapons and Atmas/Atmacites work during WS/JAs as well.
    Last but not least, we need to see if it's weapon-bound (leaning on this) or not.

Can anybody calculate a rough estimate of how much OAT % you would need MINIMUM to compensate for the loss of: Base Damage, ~56 Attack, ~56 Accuracy (and probably more other random stats) from not using a 119 weapon?

Magitek

Riptide augments are:
    Weapon: Magic Evasion +15, Magic Accuracy +15, MP+30
    Armor: "Magic Def. Bonus" +2, MND+8, Magic Evasion +10

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks Magitek.
    All the information in the first post looks consolidate enough.
    If someone with access wants to put in on BG-Wiki I'm sure we'll all be thankful.

What remains to be tested is how some special augments work (OAT: weapon bound? activation rate estimate? Works on WS/JA too or just on TP phase?).
    Leaning to think all the other augments are not weapon-bound.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Someone in my LS said OAT "feels like" 50%. I haven't seen it in action though.

Campaign
    BG Level

WKR armor drops examples:
    • Kaabnax Hat ==> Don't see anything particularly fantastic for this
    • Kaabnax Trousers ==> STR and AGI WSs, could get DEX+8 too since it's such a rare stat on legs slot. Chakra swap (lol), FC precast/recast piece, decent TP option overall. Unique haste piece (see below)
    • Ejekamal Boots ==> Nice TP and WS option, can become an unique haste piece (see below)
    • Ejekamal Mask ==> precast/recast FC piece, interesting STR/AGI WS piece
    • Otomi Helm ==> fabulous WS piece
    • Otomi Gloves ==> low tier nukes
    • Buremte Hat ==> low tier nukes, potentially WS option for some jobs since even before augs it's the head piece with the highest values of STR/DEX/AGI/VIT values available to mage jobs.
    • Buremte Gloves ==> uh 5% haste buremte? With additional STR it becomes an interesting WS option (since STR on hands slot is rare). Or could add other mods (or attack) accordingly for an acc-based WS option.
    • Uk'uxkaj Hat ==> More STR! WS option
    • Uk'uxkaj Boots ==> This is one of those pieces where I wish we could augment with Macc... Could stick Mdam here but it wouldn't outdamage other feet options.
    • Quiahuiz Leggings ==> As above, Acc would have been such a nice option here. Can put +STR here, or +DEX (since it's rare) I suppose.
    • Quiahuiz Helm ==> Kinda as above

Haste Combinations:
    These combinations allow to stack a LOT of haste into a single slot. This is hardly an issue these days since you get haste everywhere (statvomit etc) but it might open up some interestin combinations, like using Thurandaut Chapeau +1 for the DW, or similar combinations
    Ejekamal Mask ==> 11% haste head slot
    Ejekamal Boots ==> 7% haste feet
    Kaabnax Hat ==> 7% haste head for mage jobs (altough technically there's the abyssea crown... but this has a plethora of other positive stats)
    Kaabnax Trousers ==> 9% haste legs
    Otomi Gloves ==> 5% haste gloves for mages. Only other option is Umuthi afaik, and BRD is the only mage who can equip them.

Standing out augments for Armor
    The Shared ones seem pretty meh, the coolest one is probably the Haste/Snapshot one.
    As for the unique augments:
    • +8 Stat
    • +4 Magic Damage
    • +3 Fast Cast
    • +10 Attack

The rest can be useful to create alternative combinations to 119 gear for people who don't own it, but for who does it doesn't seem like particularly attractive.
    It's interesting to note how two very important stats are missing: Magic Accuracy and Accuracy. And also complete absence of Pet: stats, altough this one is much more understandable.
    These two would have made some WKR drops much more interesting but alas they're not available for armor.
    FC can be really cool to create precast items for jobs that don't get any other options for those slots.
    Also concerning the Magic Damage. It's a really small amount, I'm unsure what would be best between +4Mdam and +8INT. Personally I think I'll favour +8INT for the fact that it will indirectly provide a small amount of macc as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've only got a small sample so far (~200 swings and still testing) but so far I'm seeing closer to a 40% OAT rate. Out of 203 swings, 82 were OAT, 123 were not. This is with no form of multiattack either via trait or equipment on BLU/RDM. I'm going to do a longer test to be sure, but it's definitely a moderately high rate so far. 40% would certainly be nice.

Edit: And if it isn't obvious, it's hand-specific. Decent for offhands, I suppose.

Campaign
    BG Level

So many tests reporting similar results that it can't be just bias.
    It's gotta be >30% for sure.
    Of course doesn't proc on WS and it's weapon-bound, correct? (iir it was the same for magian weapons)

We had the question: "Will this OAT be any good?" and we got an answer, it's definitely good, at least >30%
    We're left with another question though: "Will this OAT be worth it?". Compared to (some of?) the best 119 weapons you can get, it's a big loss of base damage, ~56att/acc and several other stats.
    I'm not so sure it's gonna be worth it for every weapon, so I'm kinda trying to understand where and when and how it could be worth to get it.

Btw, I'm even more sour that there's no WKR Katana now.
    Atoyac being now equippable by NINs is a very cold comfort, and makes the primary/secondary weapon accuracy inconsistency issue even worse.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This OAT probably made Maochinoli relevant for MNK/PUP who may not have Oatixur or Tinhaspa

Campaign
    BG Level

I don't think that means a lot Treize.
    I mean, most (all?) 115 weapons were still "relevant" options for people who don't have 119 weapons of any kind. Even before augment they were the second best option after Eminent Weapons, sometimes on par/better.
    At first sight we can say that these augments probably close the gap even further, but do not really change much for people who already have (multiple) 119 options.

The only difference that I can see is with dualwielded weapons, because in such a combination you get the choice of mainhanding a 119 weapon and offhanding a 115 one with OAT augment.
    This was an useful combination even pre-adoulin, in some circumstances.
    But now things work differently and we have the +skill on each weapon which work independently from each other. And this creates quite a huge difference, which is why I said I'm not so sure 115 OAT offhand will be better than other 119 options.
    It needs to be mathed out. I'm unable to of course or I would have provided data to discuss on already.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    This OAT probably made Maochinoli relevant for MNK/PUP who may not have Oatixur or Tinhaspa

50 accuarcy and 50 attack less is quiet noticable, especially on current high end content (VD and delve 2.0). Not even looking at the base dmg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast