+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

there's a Dmitri Martin bit where he says you can say lots of things during sex but you can't ever say "Yep" and then lame bf doing terrible sex is saying it constantly and exclusively - i like to think a writer knows about this bit

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kind of wondering if we might see

Spoiler: show
    Kim showing up at Saul's trial at the end of the finale to represent him. It almost feels like the perfect ending. But if there is one thing we know about this universe is no one gets a perfect ending.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Kind of wondering if we might see

Kim showing up at Saul's trial at the end of the finale to represent him. It almost feels like the perfect ending. But if there is one thing we know about this universe is no one gets a perfect ending.
    Functionally that would work pretty well, and I think I've mentioned something similar before. It would give Kim the catharsis that shes fixing the issue she helped cause and it would give Jimmy the punishment he's been avoiding in his descent into Saul and Gene.

I don't know how Kim re-obtains her bar standing in NM or obtains it in Nebraska that quickly. Shes now on record of being guilty for the defamation of Howard, concealing a death, etc. The only way in my mind this plays (and correct me if I am wrong, because I am certain you know more about Bar reciprocity than I do), is if they are on trial for something Howard related, tried together, and they claim to defend themselves. But then that diminishes the concept of Kim atoning and Jimmy finally getting his due.

There were two promo shots of both Kim and Jimmy for E13, so Kim doesn't seem quite done yet. Theres also the lingering scene with Walt, presumably with Jimmy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Functionally that would work pretty well, and I think I've mentioned something similar before. It would give Kim the catharsis that shes fixing the issue she helped cause and it would give Jimmy the punishment he's been avoiding in his descent into Saul and Gene.

I don't know how Kim re-obtains her bar standing in NM or obtains it in Nebraska that quickly. Shes now on record of being guilty for the defamation of Howard, concealing a death, etc. The only way in my mind this plays (and correct me if I am wrong, because I am certain you know more about Bar reciprocity than I do), is if they are on trial for something Howard related, tried together, and they claim to defend themselves. But then that diminishes the concept of Kim atoning and Jimmy finally getting his due.

There were two promo shots of both Kim and Jimmy for E13, so Kim doesn't seem quite done yet. Theres also the lingering scene with Walt, presumably with Jimmy.
    This is getting in the weeds, but I believe there are some cases that in criminal proceedings your attorney does not have to be licensed because you have a constitutional right to counsel of your choosing in criminal matters, but I can't find confirmation of that quickly.

But likely, based on his crimes, this would be a federal criminal action, which doesn't really require reciprocity. Generally you only need a license from any state, and then someone who is a member of that federal district to sponsor you (or get admitted on a one-time basis). As for getting her license back in NM, it likely would not be as hard as expected (although the statement she recently gave may give the state bar pause on reinstating her)

But also television lol

Really cool video essay on Howard, a character I kinda blindly hated until relatively recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CScaBaHtb0A

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

And now the end is here.. And so I face that final curtain..

It's hard to believe it's almost over. ; ;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Making Salamanca tacos for dinner and have cinnabon for dessert.

Ready for the end, but not ready for whats about to happen to Kim and Jimmy. Thank you for the characters and universe Peter Gould & Vince Gilligan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

100% okay with this ending. I wanted 5 more minutes, but it is what it is.

Very interesting how they had Saul go from lower and more petulant than Walter to gauging Kim's reaction in the courtroom to how deep he needed to go in order to win her back. He was selfish in doing so, but dropped the facade that he only wanted money or that none of this was possible without him (in relation to his time machine talk with Mike and Walt) and that he would literally give it all up for Kim.

In the end, they both found their penance and Saul wasn't needed anymore after getting out "on top" with a 7 year sentence, even if he prompty buried Saul with 80+ years shortly after.

The Marie cameo was well timed, but felt slightly empty without Skyler (or hell, great time for Walt Jr.) there as well.

Fitting end, even if I wanted just 5 more minutes. Time to binge BB again now.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That whole thing was so bittersweet.

I am truly going to miss this show more than any in recent memory.

Can someone just tell me when in the timeline the 2nd flashback takes place? I don't remember that at all.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonaruto View Post
    Can someone just tell me when in the timeline the 2nd flashback takes place? I don't remember that at all.

The one with Chuck and the H.G. Wells book? It would have been shortly after he began his elder law practice and before joining Davis & Main for Sandpiper.

No no, the one with Walt in the basement

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonaruto View Post
    No no, the one with Walt in the basement

Oh.

That would have been near the end of BB. When Saul arrives at the vacuum repair place to become Gene after everything blew up in BB, Walt's already been there for I believe a week or so unable to move because Walt is too hot. They would have spent a few days together in that basement hideaway before Saul left for Omaha.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    100% okay with this ending. I wanted 5 more minutes, but it is what it is.

Very interesting how they had Saul go from lower and more petulant than Walter to gauging Kim's reaction in the courtroom to how deep he needed to go in order to win her back. He was selfish in doing so, but dropped the facade that he only wanted money or that none of this was possible without him (in relation to his time machine talk with Mike and Walt) and that he would literally give it all up for Kim.

In the end, they both found their penance and Saul wasn't needed anymore after getting out "on top" with a 7 year sentence, even if he prompty buried Saul with 80+ years shortly after.

The Marie cameo was well timed, but felt slightly empty without Skyler (or hell, great time for Walt Jr.) there as well.

Fitting end, even if I wanted just 5 more minutes. Time to binge BB again now.
    I feel pretty much the same way.

I loved the time machine scenes and what would you do if you could go back, etc. Very cathartic. I wanted one with Jessie. I don't know how they could have worked that in though. The last scenes were so great. Jimmy and Kim standing against the wall in that room at the prison sharing a cigarette. Just like they used too outside the courthouse.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Loved the finale, the final season, and the entire series. What a treat.

It feels like we got all we could have hoped for in Saul Gone. God, Walt is such a douche, and that scene was perfect. Jimmy found his way back after so long and got the happiest ending this universe has seen. I cried at the end, 10/10, would cry again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Into season 2 of BB and it already hits different with every Saul scene knowing how deep down the rabbit hole he is and how much he misses Kim.