+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on Sound Bars     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Opinions on Sound Bars

Greetings,

Last time I really looked into sound for our TV was 10 years ago.

We moved recently and I sold that unit off. Now that we have a new TV as well I'd like to get a new sound device (cause 'wow' does regular tv speaker sound suck).

Anyway, I see a lot of new Sound Bar stuff and it looks pretty cool. We have a new baby who will soon become a walking cord puller so I am looking for something wireless. Not sure if sound bars are the way to go or what. Any opinions form people who have them would be appreciated.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have an LG soundbar, cost like 200-300 at bestbuy. Its pretty great if you don't need an actual surround setup, very loud and fills the room its in. Has a subwoofer as well.

Can't say much else other than that unfortunately, but the TV's speakers (and its actually a really nice tv) sound like nails on a chalkboard after using the soundbar. The bluetooth feature is also a huge plus.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Tigerdirect has had a refurbished soundbar for $10 before shipping after rebate before. I missed out on the deal. If you don't mind going through the rebate it's an inexpensive purchase to see if you like it.

Info on product and sale: http://slickdeals.net/f/6983674-refu...igerdirect-com

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I made the mistake of buying a super nice Samsung sound bar for like $50 on a crazy deal. I did 0 research and ordered it like a dumbass. No bluetooth or optical in. The same thing applies for this one, it's RCA only which is more or less shit. I currently use mine for my speaker for a Raspberry Pi running Volumio.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My first soundbar was a Boston TVee25 for $125. For the price I paid for it new around the holidays (MSRP was like $250 or something) it was unbeatable for the price. It wasn't amazing sound if you get into that whole hearing the differences between different speakers, but it satisfy or impress any average joe. I still use it on a TV, but not one I use often.

I then upgraded to a Sonos Playbar with two satellite Play:3s, and a Sub while also using two play 5s and a play 1 while not using the TV. Positively love the shit, and it easily blows most other bars out of the water. For two grand before tax it better too, but it is more than a soundbar, and sadly for the money you can get much better options if you just want a high end soundbar.
    Something like the Harmon Kardon 800 or w/e it was named for $800 sub included will be just as good if not better, and that goes for the Bose Cinemate 1SR for I think either $1,200 or $1,400. I don't like Sony's $1,200 bar, but their $300 one is pretty nice (not impressive, but keep price in mind). I also do not like the Samsung 450 line for the past few years or the Onkyo one with the weird model and $600 tag.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I have an LG soundbar, cost like 200-300 at bestbuy. Its pretty great if you don't need an actual surround setup, very loud and fills the room its in. Has a subwoofer as well.

Can't say much else other than that unfortunately, but the TV's speakers (and its actually a really nice tv) sound like nails on a chalkboard after using the soundbar. The bluetooth feature is also a huge plus.
    This is what we went with, it was on sale for $199. Reviews and the like ranked it pretty solid for the price and quality etc. Happy with it at present.