Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Amazon announces "Fire" the first smartphone designed by Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOE0WKQ/...pf_rd_i=507846

Fire is the only smartphone with Dynamic Perspective and Firefly, two new technologies that allow you to see and interact with your world through a whole new lens.

Dynamic Perspective uses a custom-designed sensor system that responds to the way you hold, view, and move your phone. It opens up a new class of immersive apps and games not possible on other smartphones, as well as one-handed navigation and gestures like auto-scroll—read long web pages and books without ever touching the screen.

It's also packed with powerful hardware—a 13MP camera with optical image stabilization for stunning photos and 1080p HD video, a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM for fast, fluid performance, a beautiful 4.7" HD display, dual stereo speakers, and Dolby Digital audio.
    Exclusively for AT&T, releases July 25th. For a limited time you will also get 1 year of prime for free or if you have prime, 12 months added on for free.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...349411988_.jpg
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...349298435_.jpg
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...349430148_.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The dynamic perspective and the firefly thing look like features id like to use once a year or so. Oh, and I can't ever see a situation where amazon won't respond through video chat (mayday) in over 15 seconds >.> ...

I thought a phone from Amazon would be cheap compared to the other high end phones but I guess not...

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah too much for me too. And I'm pretty happy with my Samsung Galaxy Light..

AT&T = no go for me(not that I think I would consider it unless I was at the end of my contract anyways).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Color me unimpressed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It has a few nifty features, but nothing that would get more than token use here and there. Seems like a waste of money when compared to what else is out there, unless your a big amazon fan and use it all the time every day

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm really surprised they didn't take a chromebook approach with this, offer it for less than everyone else sells phones for and try and get as many out as possible. They were smart to add gimicky shit like different colors and other stupid little things to attract the ADD crowd, but apple and samsung have such a huge grip on the american public that I just don't see anyone moving.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The AT&T thing is the biggest deterrent in my mind. The year of free prime makes it honestly a really good deal assuming the software holds up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A year of free prime is not going to make it a good deal when you can still get a nexus 5 for $350. This amazon phone is not worth $300 more than a nexus 5, not even close.