1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    I didn't expect Limit Break being allowed in Frontline.
    Why not?

You can LB in Wolves' Den, our only other PVP content so far.
    You can LB in Crystal Tower, our only other alliance content so far.

It'd have been more surprising had we been denied the ability to Limit Break imo

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

AARGH! Hit the work 30 min limit on media consumption, tells me to contact my Administrator! (oh wait, I am my administrator :D!)
    Officially ready for this patch, the soundtrack sounds brilliant, and looks to be a lot of casual friendly content, individual rooms looked larger than I thought (never saw an unfurnished small house so no real frame of reference)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

At 4:18 there's a huge fucking gnat that flies by that I didn't see the first time

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    AARGH! Hit the work 30 min limit on media consumption, tells me to contact my Administrator! (oh wait, I am my administrator :D!)
    Off topic but what kind of system is that? Sounds nearly like a child control/protection thing, but I'm curious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did I see some open world Octopus?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Off topic but what kind of system is that? Sounds nearly like a child control/protection thing, but I'm curious.
    We have limits on media consumption time per user (30 minutes by default). It is to preserve bandwith, we have approx 100 people working in HQ, and branch offices with a lot more that are all connected in via VPN.

We have 50mbit fiber, but use a lot of bandwith (terminal services, run everything on our own servers etc. so can easily have a few hundred devices poking their heads in at any given time), so it is in place to prevent people from making our infrastructure kneel from streaming etc. (although low damage content such as spotify still works even if you hit your quota. Youtube etc. stops).

(it's a system that's in place from back when we were in xDSL and bandwith was more scarce, but I haven't really seen any need to remove it, it's an effective control measure, and we can set quotas/unlimited on the users/systems that for whatever reason have the need to, during larger sporting events etc. we convert some of the bigger meeting rooms to show events on the big screen anyway)

On a side note: that Ramuh soundtrack, me wants more!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

No Ultros makes me sad

But it looks like monk and dragoon will share ct gear...

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    No Ultros makes me sad

But it looks like monk and dragoon will share ct gear...
    Thank you based god for glamours.

If Monk shares that DRG stuff I'm going to be supremely pissed, I'm hoping the Roe on the left is the Monk stuff and they just didn't show tank set for whatever reason.... blugh. I even looked through the video carefully and didn't see anyone wearing the left set.

Fucking wish Musketeer was being added anytime soon, that Bard set is awesome but I have no interest in leveling Bard past 34.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Valacirca View Post
    If Monk shares that DRG stuff I'm going to be supremely pissed, I'm hoping the Roe on the left is the Monk stuff and they just didn't show tank set for whatever reason.... blugh. I even looked through the video carefully and didn't see anyone wearing the left set.

Fucking wish Musketeer was being added anytime soon, that Bard set is awesome but I have no interest in leveling Bard past 34.
    Looking like:

Far left: PLD, WAR
    Second from left: WHM, SCH
    Center left: MNK (or DRG)
    Center right: BRD
    Second from right: BLM, SMN
    Far right: DRG (or MNK)

That's what it is -- SE has no reason to not show off gear for one class in these pictures.

Edit: I take some of that back. Actually, I can see why someone would say tank set is missing now. This was the picture shown in the live letter:

Whether it's Crystal Tower gear or for something else now remains to be seen. It would mean WAR & PLD share gear with DRG (Acheron looking set would be MNK then) or is not posted at all and is as depicted in picture. I would chance believe now that we've seen the sets which are reminiscent of Acheron, Scylla, Guardian & Amon, the armor in question in the picture has been re-purposed or used for something else, perhaps Monster Hunts.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With that, a bit of speculation for patch 2.5:

Since at the top of the tower in 2.3 houses Xande, I wonder where 2.5 will take us in the Crystal Tower? Xande is supposed to be the final boss before heading into the World of Darkness in FFIII. Within the World of Darkness, the Warriors of Light must face Cloud of Darkness' four guardians, Ahriman, Cerberus, Echidna, and Two Headed Dragon (or Twin Dragon). Pictures for Ahriman & Cerberus are already in the artbook for SE FFXIV. I wonder if 2.5 will jump right into this with 2.6 being the conclusive Cloud of Darkness battle, or if they will artificially extend the Crystal Tower with filler from other Final Fantasy games before reaching this conclusion. We got Nero tol Scaeva waiting in the background for the Adventurers and Cid to uncover a power source greater than the Ultima Weapon, a new "toy" to play with (Proto-Ultima? Atma Weapon? Ultima Buster? Omega Weapon? Omega?).

Did not expect Xande fight so soon, hence my own speculation.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wonder how the primal recipes will work. If you already have the weapon and have used it but dont have the crafting class to upgrade it.

Me likey the ramuh theme.

You can LB in Wolves' Den, our only other PVP content so far.
    Problem being, my matches never lasted enough for a LB to trigger, so I was under the impression LB were not available.
    Glad to learn I was wrong.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

hype for more hildibrand

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Looking like:

Far left: PLD, WAR
    Second from left: WHM, SCH
    Center left: MNK (or DRG)
    Center right: BRD
    Second from right: BLM, SMN
    Far right: DRG (or MNK)

That's what it is -- SE has no reason to not show off gear for one class in these pictures.

Edit: I take some of that back. Actually, I can see why someone would say tank set is missing now. This was the picture shown in the live letter:

Whether it's Crystal Tower gear or for something else now remains to be seen. It would mean WAR & PLD share gear with DRG (Acheron looking set would be MNK then) or is not posted at all and is as depicted in picture. I would chance believe now that we've seen the sets which are reminiscent of Acheron, Scylla, Guardian & Amon, the armor in question in the picture has been re-purposed or used for something else, perhaps Monster Hunts.
    I don't see any set based on Xande, so maybe that's the monk set?

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/lds/p....png?9e585a8v1

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Perhaps, it's really quite weird.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

those CT sets have me pretty pump, want the bard, healer and caster set now. Im also excited for real story progression this time. Looks like getting a lot more Ascian stuff and did they show Ishgard!?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    hype for more hildibrand
    Hildibrand quests are the best part of any update.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

@ 4:38/4:39 the caster decked out in white with the giant descending head... Is that Edda and the head-in-a-bag?

Edit: Now that I watch the Tam-Tara(HM) portion again, totally some Full metal Alchemist shit going on down there, bitch lost her damn mind!