1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

This is in order. HYPE

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That was my reaction at work. Thankfully I work alone.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Hildibrand quests are the best part of any update.
    Yessir, Hildibrand is def my #1 best part of any major update.

I'm trying to speculate who the thief could be.

It's Gogo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

main concern: why is nobody speculating on the Ishgard teaser at the end!?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They didn't really show much to speculate on. Pope's gonna pope. I figured it was just more lead-up to Shiva teasing. They've been pretty clear that we're not going into Ishgard until the expansion hits, if that's what you were thinking.

Shiva/expansion teasing, we know Ishgard is coming with the first expansion.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It's Gogo.
    I actually wrote up some speculation, and this was one of my answers, lol.

Said speculation in question:

Spoiler: show
    1) http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../Siegfried.gif (Z/Siegfried)

Z/Siegfried is a semi-famous thief and swordsman in FFVI who steals many items, usually a couple of minutes before the party arrives to the dungeon. That or he comically challenges you, then runs away, mid-battle, stealing all of the treasure mid-flight. In this sense, he's similar to Gilgamesh, who was already absolved of the crimes.

There has also been a long held debate on who Z/Siegfried is in FFVI, as the real Siegfried in the coliseum states that Ziegfried likes to impersonate others. This might be a stretch, but the card issuing the challenge to Hildibrand in the earlier cut scenes looks to have a slightly mangled form of the Eorzean letter "Z" on the card as well.

The downsides to this theory is that Ziegfried/Siegfried has never been known to be a womanizer -- the current story line looks to be going in that direction, as the thief seems to be a stealer of hearts as well as a general thief. Also the fact that the thief claims to have slept for 400 years, which would be unnatural for any human unless they were in the Void/Interdimensional Rift.

2) http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...I%29_small.png (Gogo)

There's not much to go on for it being Gogo, outside of the fact that the thief is known to use multiple identities and can impersonate anyone. Impersonation and copying identities should be something a mimic can perform. S/he may have also came out of the same Interdimensional Rift that Gilgamesh came from as well (he cast himself/herself into it in FFV, appeared in Zone Eater in FFVI). The Interdimensional Rift itself alters ones appearance depending on where they exit and is also stops time from flowing inside it, meaning that Gogo could very well be a 400 year old demon as well (he's a demon in FFV).

What more than a famous mimic to be the con artist in question?

3) http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Ultros_ATB.png (Ultros)

Ultros is also a stretch, but a likely one due to where the story is headed. The thief has threatened to steal the lapis maiden's virtue, which might not exactly be an item of any kind, but the woman's heart in question (a lapis lazuli is blue, the woman in the 2.3 preview cutscene has blue hair). How Ultros fits into this is the fact that he's a huge womanizer in any incarnation of Final Fantasy where he exists.

The downside to this is the fact that he's not known to be a thief, though he likes to play pranks on people. Which leads me to believe...:

4) Siegfried & Ultros

Sure, why not a combo of Siegfried and Ultros being the thief? Ultros and Siegfried know each other in FFVI as rivals, though the story is not expounded upon, outside of Ultros attempting to steal The Waring Triad statues in attempt to impress Siegfried, a famous thief in his own right. This 2.3 story line could very well end up with the culprit being Ultros, who's impersonating Siegfried as well as attempting to kidnap some fair maiden all the while.

Ultros being a 400 year old being could make sense, though it would be a gigantic stretch to explain how he could change faces and identities, unless it was Seigfried who stole the Treaty-Blade followed up by Ultros coming at the last minute and issuing the challenge. There's also the fact that Ultros is a gigantic purple octopus and not a swordsman or duelist, but again he could be impersonating someone else, namely Seigfried.

5) http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ductor-ffv.gif (Enkidu)

In a weird twist, the thief could be Enkidu, Gilgamesh's loyal friend and companion. In 2.2, Gilgamesh spent sometime off screen chasing a "demon bird" which lead to him stepping on Maria's pot and joining the party to find the Treaty-Blade. Enkidu is a demon, so it would fit with the duelist claiming to have slept 400 years, though it would be a stretch to place him as a multifaced opponent.

Hey now, all the other ramuhs were peace loving old men who wanted to look respectable. This ramuhs a crazy bastard who spends all his time casting lightnings at wandering adventurers. do you have any idea how badly thunder spells frazzle your hair? and think of all those sylphs whose pranks he has to put up with every day.

It's no wonder his beard looks like its ready to get up and munch on anything that approaches to close.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Biggest hype is I actually understood some of the lyrics outta Ramuh's theme which is more than I could about Leviathan, Leviathaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Hullbreaker Isle looks like the fun dungeon of this patch.
    Stone Vigil HM is something I looked forward too since the HM mill started.
    Tam-Tara HM has sure gotten creepier since we evicted the cultists.
    CT2 looks hawwwt.

Ramuh's beard is so fluffy, I imagine sylphs riding it like a waterslide.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    you have any idea how badly thunder spells frazzle your hair?
    If you wanna talk logic, and we get a logical explanation why his beard looks like it's collecting shit berries on the bottom half in the middle? shit looks disgusting.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Private housing has Dorga and Une's theme. I did not expect this... that's my favorite song from FFIII.

My body is not ready for this.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here's to hoping the hard-mode dungeons are actually hard.
    It's not going to happen. But really, why is the difficulty slope on the dungeon progression as accessible as a wheelchair ramp?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Here's to hoping the hard-mode dungeons are actually hard.
    It's not going to happen. But really, why is the difficulty slope on the dungeon progression as accessible as a wheelchair ramp?
    Because we are expected to spam them for tomes.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Ramuh's beard is so fluffy, I imagine sylphs riding it like a waterslide.

Also:

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    the song in the last 5-10sec on the trailer reminds me of VI a bit
    Reminds me of the title screen of VI and also the beginning of Kefka's final boss battle before it ramps up.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACA0tZ2_8Zk

Unf unf unf unf. All up in my housing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Synopsis of some PvE stuff for those too lazy to watch:

3) Squid boss that is basically a direct copypaste of Akylios from RIFT
    This boss 1st appear in FFIV, he's the boss in the Waterfall inside one of the 1st cavern of the game, you fight him as DRK (Cecil) BLM (Tellah) & Rydia (BLM/SMN). Rift did not invent anything.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...e_FFIV_iOS.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Not a fan of the new CT armor designs though.
    The same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Tam-Tara (Hard) is basically FF14 : Dark Souls.
    For those of you who watched Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, please watch the video again @ the part where the last boss of Tam-Tara appear.

You will see that his AoE attack design (the curtain all around the area) is a replica of the Souls flow inside a philosopher stone (crimson red with dark faces) from FMA Brotherood.

Also, for those who like the music in Ramuh fight, they totaly inspired themselve with the Shadow Heart Serie (I'd go as far as to point out the Covenant Title.)

Tellah was a Sage and Rydia was a WHM/BLM/SMN at that point in the game.

nub

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Reminds me of the title screen of VI and also the beginning of Kefka's final boss battle before it ramps up.
    That exactly it lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast