1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Meh. Still not a fan of giving out sands outside coil.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Given they're not going to fix their fucked up lockout system, I'm all for more options of actually gearing more than one job before all the gear is made obsolete.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm guessing coil 2 isn't as popular as they'd hoped.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

can't imagine it's any less popular than coil 1 tbh

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Dunno about that, I rinsed Coil 1 (except T5) before Echo but I simply CBA with Coil 2. I doubt my case is isolated.
    - Can't be bothered finding or creating a static after previous experiences
    - I can't rationalise the heavy raiding hours anymore
    - The lockout is fucking retarded and I want no part of it
    - More reasons

Then there's the fact that a lot of people who were running coil have simply up and left the game, in the case of our FC this took place right after 2.1 when we lost around 90% of our raiding members back to WoW or to Wildstar or whatever they went to play.

I'm not sure that this is the reason they've added Oils and Sands to the hunt rewards though, I just think that's SE wanting to spread us out across content rather than having all the good shit behind one event.

Because having multiple gear streams locked behind coil was always going to be permanent, logical solution? *rollseyes*

Pretty obvious when 2.1 got released that their plan was to release Sands/Oil/UAT outside eventually, if you took some time to think about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I'm glad so I can actually upgrade my SCH gear. Having all jobs share the upgrade items was a stupid idea to begin with.

Edit: +1/Zenith were in the game from the very beginning, I don't know what rata is talking about....

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I've seen that it is honestly. I'm in the same position as Blowfin except I got T5 done before Echo. Friends have quit and every static I've tried to be a part of has fallen by the wayside. I'll go for it again once the lockout is dropped but it holds no excitement for me and if I'm not doing Coil 2, what do I need that gear for?

It's just a more casual perspective honestly fueled in part by the fact that a healthy EU population on an NA server has just shrunk to tiny proportions. To be honest, the NA population has dropped too. Right now it feels hard to get anything done and people aren't playing much. Plus, I've been studying after work which has meant I just haven't had the time to commit to it all. I know a lot of people in the same position as me.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...216ab8886a09af

the way i understand the system it seems pretty damn nifty

also just realized that's totally XII Fafnir model in Vigil HM
    Sounds like a gigantic work around for myth, which was being increasingly used for relic only things. Is a good change.

It seems the Sands/Oils thing was something that was going to happen by now. They more or less gave people their 2-3 month advantage to clear Coil 2 content before their earned gear would be marginalized. I think it will balance out however, because most people's efforts will still be going into alexandrite first.

Coil issues you mentionong are like the bread & butter problems of most MMOs.
    It takes an impressive amount of time to develop top-tier raid content, and chances are only few customers will actually ever play that. The thing is, you obviously can't forfeit endgame raid content, or the negative backlash will bury you.

It almost feels like there's no way around it being a major issue.
    WoW has somehow addressed it with Raid Finder and Flex mode, so there's hoping Yoshida will implement something like that, as well.

It takes an impressive amount of time to develop top-tier raid content, and chances are only few customers will actually ever play that. The thing is, you obviously can't forfeit endgame raid content, or the negative backlash will bury you.
    This is like "FFXI is gonna fail because SE banned some Salvage dupers!" logic. They may take a few lumps from entitled hardcores, obviously, but there's still that vocal (and silent) majority that could suddenly have something better to strive for.

Anyway, has it been confirm that Hunts have some kind of daily lock?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Patch 2.3 Defenders of Eorzea Trailer

Nvm it's hunts that have a "rest" not points

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    This is like "FFXI is gonna fail because SE banned some Salvage dupers!" logic. They may take a few lumps from entitled hardcores, obviously, but there's still that vocal (and silent) majority that could suddenly have something better to strive for.

Anyway, has it been confirm that Hunts have some kind of daily lock?
    One regular mark daily, one elite mark weekly.

Also, on Coil, the mechanics this time are harder to get around than in Coil 1 so you need more skilled players. Turns 6/7 are very derpy.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    One regular mark daily, one elite mark weekly.

Also, on Coil, the mechanics this time are harder to get around than in Coil 1 so you need more skilled players. Turns 6/7 are very derpy.
    Lodestone says the Bill refresh

New marks will be posted on the Hunt board at the following times:
    Regular mark bills: Daily at 8:00 a.m. (PDT)
    Elite mark bills: Weekly on Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Doesn't say you cannot kill the same Mark twice

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Sorry I meant pickup, but still daily/weekly refreshes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Given the inordinate number of daily and weekly lockouts cock-blocking you from gearing with top tier (or even the step down from top tier) gear, I can't imagine that they would have sands and oil on a freely available system that anyone could grind with no end. They gotta be locked out at least weekly somehow. My guess is that the daily/weekly hunts are the only ones you can get points from and you can only do them once a day/week, and it'll take at least a week's worth of points to get one. Plus, there's an opportunity cost there since you could use those points on Alexandrite or whatever other gear/weapons are added specific to hunts.

I hope I'm wrong, but it would seem ridiculous if you could get unlimited sands/oil from hunts and still only 2 of each per week max for a whole party from coil.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sands/Oil will be priced at w/e the reward for the weekly Hunt is, and Alexandrite will be priced at w/e the reward for the daily hunt is. 1 Alex per day and 1 Sand/Oil per week similar to current content availability. If they are feeling generous you could get 2 Sand/Oil a week if you save up your points from Daily Hunts or use your weekly hunt seals towards more Alex. Seems like the best balance between current options and still gives you the option to prioritize specific upgrades.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Sands/Oil will be priced at w/e the reward for the weekly Hunt is, and Alexandrite will be priced at w/e the reward for the daily hunt is. 1 Alex per day and 1 Sand/Oil per week similar to current content availability. If they are feeling generous you could get 2 Sand/Oil a week if you save up your points from Daily Hunts or use your weekly hunt seals towards more Alex. Seems like the best balance between current options and still gives you the option to prioritize specific upgrades.
    I don't think they'll be that generous. At best, I think that a whole week effort worth of points (daily + weekly monsters) will buy you an oil. Because I think sand will be priced higher.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

In the FFXIV I'm playing you get 0.25 sands per week if you're beating T9, and half of that if you're only beating t8. To expect one or two sands per week from Hunts is nothing short of delusional.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    In the FFXIV I'm playing you get 0.25 sands per week if you're beating T9, and half of that if you're only beating t8. To expect one or two sands per week from Hunts is nothing short of delusional.
    I am also playing the same version of FFXIV as solracht.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    seriously, i'm thinking something like.

10 Regular Marks a day - each mark gives you 10 seals, for max of 100 a day, 700 a week.
    5 Elite Marks a week - each mark gives you 100 seals, for max of 500 a week.

200 seals for Alex
    1200 seals for Oil
    2500 seals for Sand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast