Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update and Guild Points     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

Update and Guild Points

So I was wondering, did the new update (non expiring stuff at guilds, more items added etc) made farming GP any easier?
    I'm finding farming CPs on Cooking to be particularly annoying, more than I remember when I did Goldsmithing for my Glasses, Body and KIs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cooking GP just suck because of the generally lower turn in value and the number of ingredients it takes to make some items.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Plus the fact that a lot of the ingredients do not appear on the ah because vendors sell them cheap so you gotta hunt vendors across the globe

Campaign
    BG Level

Many are not sold period.
    When I farmed for a few weeks most of the times I had to hunt the ingredients myself with /THF >.>

So, back to my initial question, the changes to guild shops: did it make it any easier to farm GPs?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not really. Most of the stuff the npc that is never closed sells is overpriced compared to the one that does close assuming the price hasn't gone up from the previous day. I noticed this more at the carpenters guild than the cooking guild, though. There's a lot of items the 2nd npc doesn't carry as well. So you'll still be running around for ingredients.

Campaign
    BG Level

Wonder if they'll ever do something about Guild Points then.
    It's quite consuming compared to 99% of the stuff left in FFXI these days.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alchemy GP is so much easier now then it was a year ago because Sparks allow you to buy the base items you need for most the GP items (Like you can buy a Mythril Kukri from sparks and turn it into an Acid Kukri). Bonecraft GP became easier in a different way because getting a lot of the not sold items like Giant Femur, Crab Shell, and Scorpion Shell became easier as they can be NPC bought. Cooking GP is still pretty bad although you can buy a few more ingredients from the updated guild merchants. I've been doing Cooking and Bonecraft GP at the same time and finished BC GP this week (Ring+Apron+Head+Stall+Needed KIs) and with cooking I just got the Chef's Hat...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    I've been doing Cooking and Bonecraft GP at the same time
    Can you turn in stuff for multiple guilds per day now?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Can you turn in stuff for multiple guilds per day now?
    Different mules.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can NPC buy scorpion shells now? What a freaking godsend for bonecraft to 60.

Trigun

did the new update (non expiring stuff at guilds, more items added etc) made farming GP any easier?
    If you can craft the item and the guilds have the ingredients yes because stock should be available and no holidays.

I go to XIAH to check Guild Pattern. I'm Artisan Clothcraft and my mule is Novice Woodworking.
    I check if I can buy it from "Standard Merchant" or ROE sparks. If not I check if I can craft it. If not I just skip the day.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Fish guild patterns are wrong a fair amount of the time on ffxiah for my server. Thou maybe that's because of the update that changed some of the turn-in fish? idk

I noticed that a lot of the items asked for are purchasable, at a decent price... so there is no actual travelling for 6+ ingredients and the expensive fire crystals that have to be bought/farmed as well. Like today, Roast trout: Malgrom in E. Adoulin. 600/per.