+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Egon, c'mon.

Anyway, I don't agree with 'how' this went down but I also don't agree that any company should be forced to pay for anyone's contraceptives either so I don't really care too much either way.
    Fa real. Men's rights and shit

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Gender has nothing to do with it. Personal responsibility does.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    But Christians were the ones getting harmed. So it's OK for a certain group of people to be harmed? Isn't that was racism is?
    "Christians" wouldn't be using these sinful products as they go against Gawd. If they're not using them, they're certainly not being harmed.

Gender has nothing to do with it. Personal responsibility does.
    Like how they are being responsible by not having unwanted children? Why are vasectomy operations covered?

Egon, c'mon.

Anyway, I don't agree with 'how' this went down but I also don't agree that any company should be forced to pay for anyone's contraceptives either so I don't really care too much either way.
    The company is not paying for contraceptives. The company is providing insurance as part of their benefits package. That insurance has requirements under the ACA (aka: Obamacare), and Hobby Lobby is saying it shouldn't be required to provide the same level of insurance as every other company in the U.S. is legally obligated to, because of religion. These dumbass justices further opened the door for companies to implicitly determine what medical procedures their employees can receive, but now they have the ultimate catch-all of religion. I just hope no Jehovah's Witnesses corporations get any bright ideas from the ruling.

Also, don't engage the trolls. He's an Ann Coulter-level moron, bordering on the physical manifestation of Poe's Law.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Like how they are being responsible by not having unwanted children?
    They still can? Its not like this takes the option of contraception away.

They still can? Its not like this takes the option of contraception away.
    You know how much it costs without insurance? Also women use it to relieve menstrual cramps. Go to a planned parenthood? Oh right they aren't nearby most places and some require 2 hrs drive

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    You know how much it costs without insurance? Also women use it to relieve menstrual cramps. Go to a planned parenthood? Oh right they aren't nearby most places and some require 2 hrs drive
    And?
    I'm not really seeing anything compelling here. A company should have additional expenses because people want to have recreational sex more easily..? OK.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You guys are all missing the point: this was never about birth control. Hobby lobby used to provide the exact same birth control their religion apparently doesn't agree with. This is about dismantling the ACA, piece by piece, by whatever means necessary. And the fact that we're all on here bitching about birth control means they've already won the argument.

LOOK SQUIRREL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

And?
    I'm not really seeing anything compelling here. A company should have additional expenses because people want to have recreational sex more easily..? OK.
    Then why cover vasectomies?

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    You guys are all missing the point: this was never about birth control. Hobby lobby used to provide the exact same birth control they're religion apparently doesn't agree with. This is about dismantling the ACA, piece by piece, by whatever means necessary. And the fact that we're all on here bitching about birth control means they've already won the argument.

LOOK SQUIRREL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Nail on the head and shit.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

And?
    you never met a broad that uses it because they have unbearable periods? you know how many broads i know that use it just for that reason? something tells me your japanimation girls are not like real girls and you may not have a full understanding of women

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    you never met a broad that uses it because they have unbearable periods? you know how many broads i know that use it just for that reason? something tells me your japanimation girls are not like real girls and you may not have a full understanding of women
    Wouldn't the better solution here (and for the cost issue in general) be making them OTC rather than a mandate that forces insurance to cover them?
    I mean, this shit isn't rocket science.

And?
    Its....not additional? Shit I mean..really? It's the basic plan EVERYONE gets EVERYWHERE. .but they are mad that it covers it not because of cost but because it makes baby jesus cry

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Egon, c'mon.

This man gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    It doesn't matter how big the violation is - a person's freedom of religion stops the moment they would use their religion to impact other people. You want to mutilate the genitals of your baby because your religion says it's necessary? Fuck you. You want to stop people from preventing unwanted children? Fuck you. This isn't the beginning of using religion to fuck over your employees (the catholic church has been doing it forever in schools, and increasingly in large hospital organizations), but it is a clear expansion into new territory (non-religious entities using religion to fuck over people).

Religion is the single worst rationale you can use to try to change someone's behavior. It's the intellectual equivalent of "because I fucking said so."
    Again, contraceptives are not a basic right. If you want them to be, that's another battle for another case.

We barely even consider affordable healthcare a basic right, but you want to jump straight past personal responsibility and label anti baby pills as necessary? Especially for a private corporation run by apparently religious people? C'mon man, you're acting pretty terrible. None of the examples you give are even relevant, this topic is about birth control not about genitalia mutilation, abortion, or whatever else you're foaming at the mouth about.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Wouldn't the better solution here (and for the cost issue in general) be making them OTC rather than a mandate that forces insurance to cover them?
    I mean, this shit isn't rocket science.
    LOL. motherfucker do you know how many non rocket science problems would be solved if it werent for politics? why the fuck you think they arent already OTC?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    LOL. motherfucker do you know how many non rocket science problems would be solved if it werent for politics? why the fuck you think they arent already OTC?
    All I'm sayin' is people are fighting the wrong battle here.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm just honestly shocked that people are fighting for state mandates when that's the exact opposite of what people should be asking for.
    Basically going on and saying they don't want the govt or their employer in their bedroom and then asking for a middleman.

Fighting to get these as OTC takes the state doc out as the middle man for a lot of people. Lower costs, less prescriptions, more OTC, more freedom... less constraint.
    Less need for corporate, state & mediating institutions. Ya'll niggas trippin'.

I'm starting to actually believe I am the only one on these forums with half a brain.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Basically going on and saying they don't want the govt or their employer in their bedroom and then asking for a middleman.
    You can be both for OTC and mandated coverage of prescription contraceptives. It's not really a matter of fighting one battle at the expense of the other.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If you want a bullshit reason why vasectomys are covered, it's because the pill doesn't always prevent an egg from being released and fertilized. However, it also makes the uterus difficult to attach to, so the woman still doesn't remain pregnant.

If you're a bible thinker, you're ok with the first line of defense, not the second. That's why condoms and vasectomys aren't blasphemous, but the pill is.

The biggest irony here is ya'll are complaining that these companies are forcing their believes on you even though they are doing nothing of the sort; then turn around and try to force -your- views on these people like it's ok. It's not. If you want real change you need to be patient and educate them on why they're wrong and the benefits of doing things your way.

Tl;dr: I agree with what y'all want, not with how y'all are trying to do it.