Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Am I the only one assuming they intend to manually unlock all of the offensive campaign ops during the event? I mean, it's a relatively short period of time, given the potential for complete lockout. I can't see the focal point of an entire event being subject to whether or not the playerbase had opened up the battlefields.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope so but it's 3 weeks so they could totally expect us to take 1 week to open them wich would be uber lame.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Not to mention that having the wrong nation take over a stronghold renders the BC inoperable, IIRC. Windy had control of beaudeux and bastok had control of the other zones, but plucking shells was still locked.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, I have no overly optimistic tendencies with regard to SE's foresight, but there are simply too many ways for this to blow up in our faces for them to not be handling the unlocking themselves

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well there always can be a random JP effort.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

While it'd be nice for the Ops to be unlocked automatically during this event, I'm pretty sure there would have been a line in there somewhere stating that would be the case if so. Could be wrong but I wouldn't expect SE to throw us a bone like that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    Actually it screams "Atomos questline and get Lillisette Trust" to me. No ToAU required.
    This is what I took it as, since we know Atomos is coming in September. Presumably, you'd need to complete WotG for access to his fight, as well as perhaps a new merit fight against Lady Lilith.

Campaign
    BG Level

I think it's obvious you guys are right. Didn't think about it but now that I've read your posts I'm sure that's the thing: Atomos.
    Wouldn't hold my breath for Lady Lilith though, not before other "final" fights get implemented. Currently we got only the RotZ one (Eald'narche), if you consider that the final fight of RotZ I guess.
    For instance, I'd love to see a Promathia fight. That was such an awesome fight and we need more reasons to visit Empyreal Paradox (best BC zone ever!)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Announcing the Campaign Festa and Alter Ego Expo

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    This is what I took it as, since we know Atomos is coming in September. Presumably, you'd need to complete WotG for access to his fight, as well as perhaps a new merit fight against Lady Lilith.
    sprite warden fight copying your party setup! go in with 3 monks and wipe yourself on D or VD because hundredfists pwnd you!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    sprite warden fight copying your party setup! go in with 3 monks and wipe yourself on D or VD because hundredfists pwnd you!
    I really want that 2 Spite Warden fight to be added, just because I have a strange obsession with whatever that music is.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What was happening in Aht Urghan and Adoulin during Crystal War? That's what I want to know.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    What was happening in Aht Urghan and Adoulin during Crystal War? That's what I want to know.
    In AU, they huddled around the AC watching the war doing this:
    http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...fe8fdb5bd8.jpg

In Adoulin, before colinizing the area, they climed up trees and did this:
    http://media.giphy.com/media/QwTj5iEXPz5Sw/giphy.gif

as the stupid westerners waged a war that would never reach their fair lands.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    as the stupid westerners waged a war that would never reach their fair lands.
    Except... You know... it eventually did.... what with the WHOLE WORLD being ruled by Devil!Raogrimm... Hence Lady Lilith and the ENTIRE PLOT of WotG................

And also Goddess Tears... Altana wouldn't have been crying kitties if only the "blessed" races on the "mainland" died out to virtual extinction in favor of the Beastmen....
    EVERYONE dies in Lady Lilith's timeline.
    The whole world is dead and demonriddled.
    There is no Barl and her wall to save anyone.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Except... You know... it eventually did.... what with the WHOLE WORLD being ruled by Devil!Raogrimm... Hence Lady Lilith and the ENTIRE PLOT of WotG................

And also Goddess Tears... Altana wouldn't have been crying kitties if only the "blessed" races on the "mainland" died out to virtual extinction in favor of the Beastmen....
    EVERYONE dies in Lady Lilith's timeline.
    The whole world is dead and demonriddled.
    There is no Barl and her wall to save anyone.
    Lady Lilith didnt loose the war in "other" Vanadiel, its still going on since ages.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Lady Lilith didnt loose the war in "other" Vanadiel, its still going on since ages.
    While she is technically still alive and fighting the war you could say she's not really a child of Altana anymore. They've sold their souls to Odin and become akin to demons themselves. So you could argue that the races did die off

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Welp... not that it likely matters now... but even with the event started... 2 medals are still lost when switching nations to try the Stronghold Ops fights...

On a side note... received a Flurry II scroll and then a Kaggen's Cuticle from 2 different Splitting Heirs runs

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've done Fiat Lux twice so far since the update. So far I've seen 3 spots added to the pool:

Slot 1: 1 Byne Bill, O. Bronze
    Slot 2: Carnage Elegy, Indi-Frailty
    Slot 3: Sack (L), Sack (D)

4 slots below those, but those were all normal drops from the BC. So it seems like Slot 1 is Currency, Slot 2 is a Scroll and Slot 3 is a WoE Pouch.

Edit: Run 3 :

O.Bronze
    Absorb-Dex
    Sack (D)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    I've done Fiat Lux twice so far since the update. So far I've seen 3 spots added to the pool:

Slot 1: 1 Byne Bill, O. Bronze
    Slot 2: Carnage Elegy, Indi-Frailty
    Slot 3: Sack (L), Sack (D)

4 slots below those, but those were all normal drops from the BC. So it seems like Slot 1 is Currency, Slot 2 is a Scroll and Slot 3 is a WoE Pouch.

Edit: Run 3 :

O.Bronze
    Absorb-Dex
    Sack (D)
    Plucking Wings available on my server, no Fiat... but my pool looked liked this

Tuku Whiteshell
    GEO Spell
    Dragon Meat
    H-P Bayld
    (Normal Drops x4)

Normal drops being what usually comes from the fight... the Armor, the grips, and some low-ranking Gemstones (Moonstone, Aquamarine, etc). So possibly having something like

Slot1: Currency
    Slot2: Synth Mat
    Slot3: Spell
    Slot4: (Bayld?)

I'll do a few more runs to see if any of these aren't 100%.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    My two Fiat Lux runs this morning match this pattern, except slot 3 (WoE item) isn't necessarily a pouch. I'd assume Slot 1 could be a 100, given the Campaign Festa notes.

Run 1:
    Slot 1: T. Whiteshell
    Slot 2: Distract II
    Slot 3: Sack (L)

Run 2:
    Slot 1: O. Bronzepiece
    Slot 2: Raise II
    Slot 3: Devious Die (single...)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Second run

Slot1: T.White
    Slot2: Indi-Gravity
    Slot3: Dragon Meat
    Slot4: Nothing!

Looks like H-P Bayld is not guaranteed, but the first three slots seems to be Currency/Spell/SynthMat.