Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Legend of Korra (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/3DS)

Nickelodeon and Activision Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, today announced plans to develop and publish the first-ever video game inspired by the fan-favourite animated series, The Legend of Korra. The Legend of Korra digital video game is developed by Platinum Games and capitalises on the studio’s pedigree of creating visually flourishing experiences with fast-paced, dynamic combat. The game is planned to be available for download this autumn on Sony’s PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems; Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

The Legend of Korra fans will have the unique opportunity to select the cover art for this digital video game by voting on three different concepts drawn by one of the show’s character designers, Christie Tseng. Fans can visit facebook.com/legendofkorra to cast their vote. Voting will run until 31st June at 8am GMT.

“We are thrilled to expand our relationship with Activision Publishing, Inc. to bring the hit animated series from TV screens to gamers everywhere,” said Yaacov Barselah, Vice President of Games & Digital Publishing New Business, Nickelodeon. “Capturing the true essence and exquisite creative of the series, The Legend of Korra games are sure to captivate fans as they delve into the rich and exciting world of Korra.”

The Legend of Korra video game follows Korra, a strong-willed young woman who, as the reincarnation of the Avatar, can bend the four primal forces of nature to her will. Scripted by staff writer Tim Hedrick and consulted by series co-creators and executive producers Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino, the game's original adventure takes place between Books Two and Three of the TV programme allowing for an authentic Avatar experience. The game’s cell-shaded visuals recreate the beautiful look and immersive feel of the show, with colourful, vivid detail going into every action, elemental effect and animated story sequence.

The Legend of Korra is a single player, action-packed brawler, in which Korra's mastery of martial arts and the four elements – fire, earth, air and water – can be used on the fly to bolster her combos and counters against foes. Throughout the game, Korra's polar bear-dog, Naga, will aid her in high-speed traversal segments. The game also brings to life the series' competitive sport, Pro-Bending, in which teams of three use the elements to fight for territory in an arena.

A handheld version of The Legend of Korra for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system is also being developed by Webfoot Technologies, as a retail-only release. The handheld version of the game will feature a similar story and is a single-player, turn-based strategy RPG, in which players focus on tactically manoeuvring Korra and her allies on the battlefield.
    https://www.facebook.com/legendofkorra
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9060052&type=1 <= Vote there

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

<redacted> Gameplay demo / Q&A

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Full SDCC Gameplay demo

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PC/PS4/PS3 Oct 21st, XB1/360 Oct 22nd, 3DS ???
    Activision and Platinum Games’ The Legend of Korra will launch via digital download for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC on October 21, and Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 22, the publisher announced.

Additionally, Activision revealed the game will have a “Pro-Bending Mode,” which “faithfully recreates” the sport seen in the show. The mode is a three-on-three single-player mode, which tasks players with gaining the most territory on a platform. If you knock the other team off completely, then you take the whole match. Three different difficulty modes will be available.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/08/legend-ko...date-announced

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caps
    Spoiler: show

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just gonna quote my own tweet here:
    Just beat The Legend of Korra. Fantastic game. Ridiculously short but ridiculously focused and just fucking fun.
    https://twitter.com/CharismaPotion/s...41575352397824

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

It hasnt gotten very great reviews so far.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm not really concerned about the critic reviews.
    I played the game pretty much blind. I didn't look at much footage going in and I've never seen a single episode of Avatar or Korra.

The game has a couple of problems like the camera being wonky on occasion. Its kinda like Metal Gear Rising in that regard but I didn't find the camera to be quite as annoying as in MGR. The other very minor complaint I had was that you were forced to do the sections riding the dog thing. They were fun but not really what I expected from an action game. the story was also kinda barebones but I came into it just lookin' for a solid action game from PG and that's exactly what I got.

Fun combo system with the element bending, good dodge system, dodge offset and so on. The game's mechanics are absolutely fantastic. But... I can see how the game might not be for everyone.

If you're the type who cares more about the story and the aesthetic than the meat and potatoes of the game, I'd suggest you stay away. A good deal of what the reviews state about the game's enemy variety (in terms of looks anyway, they tend to act pretty different) and story and so on are actually true but didn't detract from the experience for me in any way.

EDIT: As an aside, I'd direct you to the steam user reviews where you can see that most people who are playing it have overall positive things to say about it.

Oh shit, I had no idea this was out now. Thanks for the heads up, I can't wait to check this out.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Finished Normal, pretty much echoing what Chari said. Game is fucking great. I've read 0 reviews but I can probably guess the issues they had. There's basically no real story in the game and enemy variety is lacking (Green Chi-Blocker, Red Chi-Blocker, Blue Chi-Blocker, etc) as far as aesthetics go, but they do all fight very different. I did laugh when recoloured Triad enemies appeared because they're inexcusably lazy, but it doesn't really detract from the game as far as I'm concerned. It was much shorter than I'd have liked but for $15 it's to be expected. I had no qualms with dropping $60 on Metal Gear Rising thanks to the quality of the game and replayability and Korra is the same way. If you like action games you 100% should play this, regardless of what reviews say or if you've ever even seen the show. If you like the show? You might be a little disappointed in the story, but the combat, music and aesthetics make up for it tenfold.

Extreme mode is the trademark Platinum crazy, thank God airbending's OP as shit.

Edit: Beat Extreme, maxed air/firebending trivialized everything, only annoying parts was a fucking Naga section and another part where you can't bend. Disappointing but game's still rad as fuck.