1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Private Chambers Preview (06/30/2014)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c794de31482c6b

07/01/2014 4:00 AM
    Private Chambers Preview (06/30/2014)

Spoiler: show
    Today's patch 2.3 preview offers a peek into private chambers, a new way of adding a personal touch to free company estates.

Requirements for Private Chambers
    Before purchasing private chambers, players must first attain level 50 with at least one class. Furthermore, players must have attained the rank of second lieutenant in the Maelstrom, the Order of the Twin Adder, or the Immortal Flames.
    * The size of private chambers is the same regardless of estate size.
    * All estates are allowed up to 512 private chambers.

Pricing for Private Chambers
    300,000gil

Settings for Private Chambers
    Just like with estate settings, players will have the option to change their room name, edit the greeting for their room, and grant access to other players.

Interior Decorating
    Players can customize the interior walls, flooring, and ceiling light of their private chambers.

Furnishings
    Players can place up to 50 furnishings in private chambers, with the ability to choose from among all furnishings available in the estate.

Placing a furnishing in private chambers will bind it to you, preventing future trade or sale to other players. Moreover, certain furnishings cannot be retrieved once placed, and will be permanently discarded upon removal.
    * Certain furnishings including vendor NPCs and crafting facilities can only be used by the private chamber's owner.
    * Depending on server conditions, the number of furnishings permitted in private chambers may be adjusted in a future update.

Vacating Private Chambers
    Players must be on free company property in order to vacate their private chambers. Moreover, private chambers must be vacated in order to leave a free company.
    * Gil used to purchase private chambers will not be refunded.
    * All furnishings must be removed before vacating private chambers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

is the wording just bad… in that the "ability to choose from among all furnitures available in the estate" just means stuff already bound to the estate (what I am assuming), or that we can replicate anything already existing in the estate?

Sad about the 50 item limit, but thats too be expected I guess. 60 or 75 would have made me happy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think bad wording. If I remember correctly they did say during last Live Letter that it's "all furtniture already available to housing"?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

People have been (rightfully) disappointed in the furniture limit since the original housing was implemented. No surprise that this one is small as well.

PS4 rhimitations.

I don't even have a reason to enter the FC house, much less give a shit about personal rooms.

Bell, board, and mailbox are right there outside.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    People have been (rightfully) disappointed in the furniture limit since the original housing was implemented. No surprise that this one is small as well.

PS4 rhimitations.
    Something more so about server stability, you're looking at close to 1m instances that will have to be made, support the furnishings and allow players to access and interact with any items that can be interacted with. These and many more reasons why larger MMOs don't do this kind of shit because it adds needless strain on a server that could be allocated better to other uses.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

It's pretty sad how pointless houses feel right now even with gardening. In 2.1 we spammed mercing daily to pay for our large house (180mil @~@) and pretty much after a month of having it you never see anyone going to it.

After finishing buying the FC house we ended up just splitting between the 7 mercing and I was able to buy my own Medium (48mil ~_~). I end up using my own house more then the FC house for furnishing because the 200 spaces in a Large house makes it feel really bare. The 150 in the medium works perfect for it's size.

The housing system feels like it's just a giant trophy room at this point for me and just not worth the price tag. There really needs to be more activities for it. I can't see private rooms feeling any different.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

#worldfirstproblems, what to do with our 2nd floor since the entire thing (save for hot tub corner) was beds.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't even have a reason to enter the FC house, much less give a shit about personal rooms.

If all you care about in housing is functionality then I doubt you will find much further use in housing updates. It's all for fun and dicking around.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I was gonna mention repair and vendor npcs but then I realized you can just repair your own gear now and do it better.

Vuitton

Isn't chocobo raising and gardening an activity? Granted they're both outside the house...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Outdoor company chest and striking dummy would be nice for functional stuff.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Adding a market board / auction NPC in your house might give people a better reason to enter their house. Maybe even accelerated rest exp would be nice.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Not getting teleported outside every time you exit a fucking Duty would also help but making games is hard

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

As it stands it's probably faster for me to port to the house and run 2 steps to the board than port to the house and wait to load inside lol

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Not getting teleported outside every time you exit a fucking Duty would also help but making games is hard
    didn't they add this in like 2.2 or some shit? like, i definitely remember it being added after i had a house

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

it was added after 2.2 to ease server load or something

EDIT: I don't know why I searched for it but yes, it was added in 2.2:
    In preparation for the addition of residential wards, as well as individual player housing, players who join a duty or log out from within an estate hall will now return to the estate entrance when logging in or returning from an instance.
    * This adjustment will improve the management of housing, and facilitate the addition of plots and estate halls.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    it was added after 2.2 to ease server load or something

EDIT: I don't know why I searched for it but yes, it was added in 2.2:
    There was also an issue in 2.1 where you get teleported on top of the inside of the house model when you exited duty sometimes.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...3c0d7ad69c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I was gonna mention repair and vendor npcs but then I realized you can just repair your own gear now and do it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    As it stands it's probably faster for me to port to the house and run 2 steps to the board than port to the house and wait to load inside lol
    Yup.

They could at least make the entrance to the house a regular zoneline instead of making you select and confirm just enter/exit.

Wouldn't give you any more reason to go in, but at least as a matter of convenience.

Tbh they shouldn't have made the interior of houses separate from the exterior, the fact that the house and the property are separate zones makes it feel disjointed at best.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    It's pretty sad how pointless houses feel right now even with gardening. In 2.1 we spammed mercing daily to pay for our large house (180mil @~@) and pretty much after a month of having it you never see anyone going to it.

After finishing buying the FC house we ended up just splitting between the 7 mercing and I was able to buy my own Medium (48mil ~_~). I end up using my own house more then the FC house for furnishing because the 200 spaces in a Large house makes it feel really bare. The 150 in the medium works perfect for it's size.

The housing system feels like it's just a giant trophy room at this point for me and just not worth the price tag. There really needs to be more activities for it. I can't see private rooms feeling any different.
    Lots of people in my FC still use the house. We have a few of the crafting benches so there is that, and a few of us change things around inside every other week for fun. Also with company chest, market boards, summoning bell, mailbox, and the house venders that repair gear and pretty much sell everything that the common merchants do, there is never a reason to hang out in the main cities.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They could at least make the entrance to the house a regular zoneline instead of making you select and confirm just enter/exit.
    Too bad they can't do something cool such as giving PC/PS4 players the option to seamlessly enter/exit our FC-designated house with no load transition (have it stream in the interior shit when you enter the lot or something), rather than needing the door to act as a means of transporting us to a floating void under the map that is our house interior.

PS3 users can be stuck with a loading window because PS3limitations.

That said, got all my moogle-related decorations crafted already for my personal room. Will be that and as many Hildibrand pictures I can squeeze in.