1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah MSQ unlocks most of the new stuff as far as I've heard. I haven't played since 2.1 either so this is just what I've read on the boards and stuff. There are some other things (Challenge Log, Ventures) that you need to do quests in the cities for though.

These should help :

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ersal_summary/

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-patc...log/#2.3quests

Vuitton

Completing the MSQ will unlock the quests you need to complete to unlock the events.

when is the free weekend again?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    when is the free weekend again?
    Postponed until further notice - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...80#post2255380

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Was supposed to be this weekend. Friend said it got postponed but a very quick google search brought up like 0 info. Dunno why this shit's so secretive, you'd think they'd send emails out to people without subs. Devpost about delay:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2255380

oh ok thx, I was thinking it was this weekend but like you said 0 emails or anything all week and than the front page disappeared

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Devs said delayed, so. Dunno when they're going to have the weekend. Probably wanna fix Frontlines Queue (not that it's gamebreaking) and some of the lag or whatever.

Yeah was looking forwards to it, but hey, there's always other stuff to do in the meantime. Also, would be nice to play without all the bugs that inevitably crop up after a patch (which is probably why they delayed it)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Looks like free weekend is now, I got the email last night.
    Just downloaded it.
    I haven't touched since 2.1, so this should be annoying. I'll end up wasting more time learning what to do than doing it...

Hope everyone had fun during the free weekend. I have been off and on the last few months(more off). I love the story and stuff but the gear grind and elitism is what drains me. Hoping to get the love back because there's a lot of good fun going on.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just grind up to lv50 and do hunt parties for a few days. You'll be able to deck yourself out in i90 gear pretty much right away as long as you hit a lot of hunts (and the soldiery you get will go a long way towards weathered gear if you're into that). I haven't seen a whole lot of elitism on Siren but that's prob because it's Siren >_> I don't know if it's that different on other servers though, I mean, XIV reaaally caters towards casual players and it's pretty obvious a lot of players are simply casuals who slowly work up to their goals. Almost everything is easy as hell and there's not even a lot to be "elite" about yet.

Yeah I'm actually liking the fact that it caters to casuals more. I loved FF11 and all but it was kind of a drag taking SO LONG AND SO MUCH EFFORT to do any worthwhile content.

I think as the game matures there will be more content for the 133t hardcore types, as it is it does seem rather casual-oriented. But it's nice to be able to play once every 3-4 months and not have to worry that you're going to be left behind.

Enjoyed the weekend, will probably be back more after NINJA is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Just grind up to lv50 and do hunt parties for a few days. You'll be able to deck yourself out in i90 gear pretty much right away as long as you hit a lot of hunts (and the soldiery you get will go a long way towards weathered gear if you're into that). I haven't seen a whole lot of elitism on Siren but that's prob because it's Siren >_> I don't know if it's that different on other servers though, I mean, XIV reaaally caters towards casual players and it's pretty obvious a lot of players are simply casuals who slowly work up to their goals. Almost everything is easy as hell and there's not even a lot to be "elite" about yet.
    Yeah it's that 5% or what not at the end that is the sticking point I guess. I really love story and the setting and I'm bummed I missed out on some of the story from 1.0 but I'm hoping when Seventh Umbral is fully up I can experience some of that. It hasn't been too bad though I think I just got grinded out. It was do the same thing for the same merits for gear and then start over again. I never got into wow for that very reason. My grind stick got broken somewhere along the way and it hasn't fixed itself yet.

There is way more to do now so hoping to jump back in and have more fun and hopefully get a couple more classes leveled.