1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chocobo Raising Preview (07/02/2014)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

They finally have us shoveling chocobo shit as a game activity, Bravo.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    They finally have us shoveling chocobo shit as a game activity, Bravo.
    This is pretty much the response I expected to see here.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Requires an FC with an estate to do any of this, welp looks like I won't be doing any of this because the one I'm currently in won't settle for a medium and have been sitting on 30mil for almost 3 months because no one but myself and another person log in to do maps daily and contribute w/e we get to it and w/e we get from the once a month brayflox.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Small FC of 2-4 active people depending on when, but the house itself we bought out of convience. Other than that we don't do much with it than our afk hide out :s House was named Chocobo Stables when we got it so might have to change

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rank 20!? 1.2 million EXP for 9->10...I'm afraid to know what the rest will bring.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bocos and gardening, should be fun for the FC

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't they mention we would be able to cap all chocobo skills? Or was that something that is planned for the future and won't be there with the patch?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Would be hilarious torture if the "Magicked Stable Broom" is made out of broom bush material. I'll go ahead and assume its a tool purchased from the npcs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If we ever could cap out a chocobo's skill, it would almost seem worse than just doing 2 trees. Too many actions and the only real benefit would be traits like STR or MND. It wouldn't be an effective tank due to mixing in attacker tree shits and vice versa.

Anyway this seems pretty cool all around. Definitely concerned about the exp TNL lol

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Too many actions and the only real benefit would be traits like STR or MND. It wouldn't be an effective tank due to mixing in attacker tree shits and vice versa.
    I would assume that the Chocobo's stance would help control what actions it uses. e.g. Attacker stance should lock out Healer/Tank actions... or I'm completely wrong.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It does yes. You can use Free Stance which basically uses all skills learned. I was referring specifically to how useless that might be in the long-run. Sorry I should have specified that in my argument.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Definitely concerned about the exp TNL lol
    Well, challenge log will help a little bit with that, since the bonuses are %-based.

I too thought we would be able to cap all the skills, so I guess now I'm going to have to just have to do point reassignment to get all the bardings.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Requires an FC with an estate to do any of this, welp looks like I won't be doing any of this because the one I'm currently in won't settle for a medium and have been sitting on 30mil for almost 3 months because no one but myself and another person log in to do maps daily and contribute w/e we get to it and w/e we get from the once a month brayflox.
    It's been stated multiple times that the functionality will likely be added to the chocobo NPCs in town so that you don't have to have a house to do it.

That said, just buy a tiny house and then abandon it when you get a bigger one. Tiny houses are cheap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I guess now I'm going to have to just have to do point reassignment to get all the bardings.
    The rank cap leads me to believe that they're never going to allow point reassignment and that you'll simply have to use the increased rank cap to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Requires an FC with an estate to do any of this, welp looks like I won't be doing any of this because the one I'm currently in won't settle for a medium
    Just buy the cheapest small house you can find in the interim.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The rank cap leads me to believe that they're never going to allow point reassignment and that you'll simply have to use the increased rank cap to fill in the gaps.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...21#post2204221

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Well, challenge log will help a little bit with that, since the bonuses are %-based.

I too thought we would be able to cap all the skills, so I guess now I'm going to have to just have to do point reassignment to get all the bardings.
    Wouldn't you have more than enough if it stays at points= level. You should have 155. A skill line only takes 55.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

In theory yes...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can use Free Stance which basically uses all skills learned.
    I thought Free Stance locked out everything but the first action of each branch?

I don't have Choco Cure unlocked on mine, but we tested it on my friend's bird and it wouldn't use Choco Cure unless it was in Healer Stance.

It's been stated multiple times that the functionality will likely be added to the chocobo NPCs in town so that you don't have to have a house to do it.

That said, just buy a tiny house and then abandon it when you get a bigger one. Tiny houses are cheap.
    If I'm not mistaken, all housing on my server (Balmung) sold out several weeks ago.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I actually haven't progressed enough in tank/healer trees to confirm it myself. I am 8 attacker/2 tank/2 healer or something. If that's the case though, Free Stance is a total lie and wash anyway. The chocobo AI really sucks ass as it stands. Pet AI isn't that much better either. SE needs to just give us a right-click toggle on/off action bar for pets like Starcraft has for heroes and call it a day on that shit.