+ Reply to Thread
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Rob Pardo leaves Blizzard Entertainment

Source

As to what I will be doing next, I don’t have an answer for you yet . . . but I will “when it’s ready.” My priorities are to enjoy the summer with my family, play plenty of games, and think about what’s next. The game industry is such an exciting place right now with PC gaming thriving, the new consoles, mobile games, and virtual reality becoming an actual reality. It’s like having an empty quest log and going into a new zone for the first time.
    His work as Lead Designer stretches from Brood War through TBC, so mad respect to him.
    I hope he goes back to RTS games.

Ridill
    BG Level

I feel pretty confident he's the one leading the charge to the EA-ization of Blizzard, so not all that bothered by this.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I feel pretty confident he's the one leading the charge to the EA-ization of Blizzard, so not all that bothered by this.
    Mike Morhaime is more in charge of the business decisions behind the company as he's president of the company.
    A creative lead is more in charge of managing art and design teams. That was Pardo (and Metzen).

Ridill
    BG Level

I don't mean just the micro-transactions, I mean the way they set up the packs so that getting shit without paying takes an insane amount of time, and if you spend the money you may still not get jack shit.'

Similarly, the way WoW is constantly trying to make sure you don't have time to step away from it. Ex: While it's obviously not the only reason, I think the fact that it would occupy people for longer and make it harder for them to drop the game before WoD is one of the major reasons for Mythics.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Pardo's imprint is more strongly left on the early days of WoW before the Activision merger, and greenlit but did not lead the Hearthstone team..

You're talking out of your ass lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

so you think while he was in charge of the biggest decisions and had final say whether he was leading a specific team or not he wasn't actually making any decisions or having any impact?

ok