1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Would you say that a rank7 chocobo (choco surge) is sufficient for peisteskin? How much of a difference does choco medica make?
    Makes it worse actually.

You can get fucked hard with bad luck. Some maps are quite doable. Sometimes you get a single basilisk.

Sometimes you get a slug and six slimes with Paralyze, and it's Dynamis-Jeuno all over again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Choco Medica makes your chocobo infinitely worse. So far only one I've never been able to win has been Gorgimera and one that gives me the most difficulty but is winnable is Aspid + Jeuno slimes x37

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To explain why medica makes your chocobo worse: SE apparently left all of their NPC AI logic programmers over on XI's dev team, and whoever made chocobo AI was incapable of telling the chocobo to use Choco Cure after it learns Medica, therefor it spams a lower potency heal almost every time once you hit rank 10.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So in essence, stop healer chocobo at rank 9 in healing?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

New letter from the producer, talks a good deal about Hunts. I'm pretty excited: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/178148

Hello again, to all of you FFXIVers out there!

These past few months have been a whirlwind of events and late nights at the office, but with patch 2.3 just around the corner, players would be at my door with torches and pitchforks if I didn't take time to deliver my fifty-seventh Letter from the Producer.

Attending last month's E3 event, we had the opportunity to meet with a number of media outlets, fellow game developers, and most importantly you, our players. We stayed quite busy during our stay in Los Angeles, but it was a fantastic experience, to say the least.

It was also the opportune time to reveal Rogue and Ninja, the new class and job making their debut in patch 2.4. Staying tight-lipped about such exciting news is really hard for me, and during every interview or Q&A session before the reveal, I could hear the dev team in my head shouting "Don't spoil it before E3!" Now that the secret's out, it's like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

But patch 2.4 is still a few months away, so let's talk about what's coming now─Patch 2.3 - Defenders of Eorzea! My final checks of the patch are complete, and thanks to the amazing work of our team, everything is prepped and ready to go for a July 8 release. It's just a day away, so hold on a little bit longer.

Patch 2.3 brings a lot to the table with new dungeons, system features, items, and recipes. After watching the trailer, I'm sure many of you are still deciding where to begin. While you continue to consider your options, I'd like to shine the spotlight on one new system in particular: the Hunt.

The Hunt, a new initiative started by the Eorzean Alliance, will have adventurers tracking down and defeating notorious monsters roaming the land referred to as "elite marks," as well as visiting the Hunt board at each of the Grand Companies for bounties being offered to quell the lesser threats found in Eorzea. While any monster with a bounty on its head is considered a "mark," an elite mark, as the name implies, poses a much greater threat to the realm.

Spoiler: show

Take this guy for instance. Although I managed to take a few screenshots, it wasn't long before our eyes met, and I was introduced to his gargantuan club. Needless to say, I died instantly, but it was worth it to give you all an idea of what new dangers await in patch 2.3.

Elite marks can appear in any area, with some of them appearing only when certain conditions are met. Add to that the fact that they won't always appear in the exact same spot. You'll also come across hunter-scholars in each area, who are more than willing to share with you what they know of the elite marks you're after.

They may even offer a hint on how to track down your prey, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Players who defeat these elite marks will be rewarded with Allied Seals, which can be exchanged for various items and gear at your Grand Company's headquarters.

There are no weekly restrictions on how many seals you can acquire, so those of you feeling especially heroic are more than welcome to venture out and defeat as many marks as you can find.

Which reminds me, I know a lot of players have been concerned this will be like back in the day, where one player or party would claim an enemy, and lock everyone else out from getting a reward. You'll be happy to know that the Hunt was not designed with any such claiming system in mind. In fact, some of the elite marks are so powerful, it would be in your best interest to shout for help before trying to lay a hand on them. I've also heard the more elusive elite marks drop rare items as well. These rare items are distributed on a player-by-player basis, so don't hesitate to reach for a helping hand.

I think that covers the basics of elite marks, so let me tell you a bit more about the Hunt board.

The Grand Companies have made every effort to protect the peoples of their respective nations, but there are still many threats they simply can't handle on their own. This is why they've created the Hunt board, where bounties are posted for monsters deemed to be a threat that can't be ignored. Players will find two types of bounties posted on these boards.

1. Regular mark bills, denoting lesser enemies they would have you exterminate that day.
    (Regular mark bills will indicate different enemies for every player.)

2. Elite mark bills, denoting more dangerous enemies they would have you exterminate within a week.
    (Elite mark bills will indicate the same enemy for all players)

Regular mark bills will have you exterminating enemies commonly found around Eorzea, some of which may include bosses from FATEs. Elite mark bills will have you tracking down one of the lower ranked elite marks once per week. Both regular and elite mark bills offer a reward of gil and Allied Seals, the latter being a reward in addition to the Allied Seals yielded by elite mark enemies.

So for those of you looking to amass large quantities of Allied Seals, you can acquire as many as you'd like from hunting down elite marks. Just be warned that sometimes they can be hard to find, and even harder to kill. Players who don't have quite as much time on their hands, however, can use the Hunt board to slowly build up Allied Seals at their own pace.

So band together with your fellow adventurers, and seek out the most dangerous enemies the realm has to offer.

But there's more to patch 2.3 than just the Hunt. With Ramuh, Frontline, Crystal Tower, desynthehsis, and new recipes coming, my free company members are all excited thinking about what to do first. As for me, I've recently gotten into tanking, and having recently reached level 50 with my Paladin and Warrior, I'm looking to get some high level gear. Patch 2.3 is definitely packed with plenty to do.

But I may have to wait for a while, as I'm currently in Paris, France.
    (Sure, a trip to Paris sounds cool, but you know me─all work and no play.)
    I'm attending Japan Expo, where we're holding a battle challenge for the first time in France. I'll also have about 12 interviews over the course of my two day stay, but it will be worth it to meet all of our fans in France.

See you next time, at the F.A.T.E. in Sendai, and at China Joy 2014!

Amusing how he took time to clear any doubts concerning the return of old FFXI habits.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

I don't get what does he mean by "There are no weekly restrictions on how many seals you can acquire, so those of you feeling especially heroic are more than welcome to venture out and defeat as many marks as you can find.", does this imply there is no limit on daily hunts and daily resets only means mobs shuffling? or its as simple as there is no cap on Allied Notes but it will still gates us because limitations of bills?

the former, id presume, although it likely might be where you have a limited number of normal hunts with their rewards each day (dailies) that are non-repeatable for that day, and the elite mark per week, that you can hunt as many times as you want for the reward. If i had to guess, there's probably a first time completion bonus for the latter on top of whatever seals it normally drops.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hope they are more than just tank&spank if you can throw an army at any of them.

I kinda liked how alex maps had mobs with their own gimmick sets managable as a solo exercise. I'd like that expanded into group play, so elites should be a good romp.

His player name being 'Producer Director' is pretty good.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Considering they're adding achievements for killing 500 rank B/A/S elite marks, I'd say either they expect this content to last a long-ass time or these marks are repeatable. Both the letter and the patch notes are really unspecific about it.

Otherwise the implication is that you can get, max, 10 seals per day (looked like 5 different daily hunts per... day) plus the 20 for elite mark, making 90 in a week. That's not even close to enough to buying the terrible gear they have there, let alone the (blind guess) 5k or more it might take for an oil or sand.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I honestly don't have high hopes for Hunts. I'm imagine it's basically just a FATE boss without the shiny marker on the map. I'll still be doing them regardless cause I want sands/oils.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    I don't get what does he mean by "There are no weekly restrictions on how many seals you can acquire, so those of you feeling especially heroic are more than welcome to venture out and defeat as many marks as you can find.", does this imply there is no limit on daily hunts and daily resets only means mobs shuffling? or its as simple as there is no cap on Allied Notes but it will still gates us because limitations of bills?
    You can farm Elite Marks as often as you want, because they give Allied Notes just for killing them. The weekly Elite Bill is just an added bonus.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I honestly don't have high hopes for Hunts. I'm imagine it's basically just a FATE boss without the shiny marker on the map. I'll still be doing them regardless cause I want sands/oils.
    Well Yoshi-p did say some will involve hunting FATE bosses. My interest dropped a bit at that point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Notes aren't vague at all: they say you get Allied Notes, mythology and soldiery tomestones by defeating Elite marks even without the bill.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Well Yoshi-p did say some will involve hunting FATE bosses. My interest dropped a bit at that point.
    The example daily one there is Phaia, boar fate boss over in South Shroud - Urth's Gift. Though that also has 4/5 and left/right arrows so it's like 1 of 5 dailies for the day.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The example daily one there is Phaia, boar fate boss over in South Shroud - Urth's Gift. Though that also has 4/5 and left/right arrows so it's like 1 of 5 dailies for the day.
    And we all know from Animus how awful camping specific FATE spawns is...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    And we all know from Animus how awful camping specific FATE spawns is...
    And they're making adjustments for that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

But FATE timers are getting patched, too. So it might not be as bad now.

And I read it as the regular marks can be FATE bosses, not the elite ones, which I assume are all designed specially for the hunt system.

Pretty glad we're not going back to XI systems of claiming. I think they probably won't make that mistake ever again, but poor judgment can be exercised by anyone.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

True, it just comes down to what an acceptable wait for a FATE boss is. Half an hour is fine as you can queue for DF or whatever while you wait and not care so much if you miss it. 1 hour + and it becomes a pain and a big waste of play time. Keep in mind we're limited to so many FATEs up at once and people won't be clearing random FATEs quickly in non atma zones.

Anyway that's just fodder, elite marks will be where the fun is hopefully. Those won't be FATEs, unless they get stupid and add Behemoth/Odin.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So i guess it's confirmed that hunts work a bit like fate? You get points based on your performance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast