1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.3 findings/discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alethea Khethys
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    mor dhona, uldah for dugeons, uldah for desynth. Unlocked desynth, went to use on few primal weapons but said it cannot do it even though alc says skill is at 1
    You have to have a certain minimum skill level to desynth an item. Gotta start desynthing low level stuff until you build it up.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought they said the tomestone would be independent of the CT gear lockout too? Or did I just dream that up?

Although I guess the tomestone might be and the oils/sands are not since it's not a 'gear-enhancing' piece

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Upper L.N. Marberry A Rank @ x12:y24
    S.Thanalan B Rank Albin the Ashen @ x18:y10
    E. Thanalan B Rank Gatling @ x16:y25

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

After doing the Uldah/Blackbrush quests....

I've been desynthing random accessories for the past hour or so.

Have gotten 2 Clear Demi I for Copper Earrings and 1 Fieldcraft Demi I from Silver Chokers.

It stands to reason that you're going to get Clear from all of them, Battle from Battle gear, Field from Fieldcraft gear - I know that's a pretty obvious statement to make, but that's what I'd imagine.

I'd also say GSM is probably invaluable to have for Desynth, simply for the amount of accessories it can break down. After that maybe LTW.

Anyway, no Demi II's yet, but there are already some up for sale on my server (for 500,000g lmao) so it's just a question of finding out which level items will give different tier demimateria.

Gonna keep plugging away at this as I can see those shifting for silly prices in the coming days, with people who can't be bothered to desynth just buying them all up.

Oh and for those that are DoL/DoH freaks like me, check Talan on Rev's Toll if you haven't already and check out which new 2star/demimateria you need for your 'Supra' mainhand tools.

Fun.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Rehwyn View Post
    You have to have a certain minimum skill level to desynth an item. Gotta start desynthing low level stuff until you build it up.
    Yeah started gutting fish, silver sovereign nq's were saying can't do it @ first, now up to 30% success @ 65.81 skill.

HQ does not affect success rate.

I'm getting demi ii's off lvl 35ish fish.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Killed a giant gremlin in South Shroud around 18/22. Can't give an accurate assessment regarding his strength, hit non-tanks for 900 and applied a debuff. Went down slowly with a tank and a healer, but fell relatively quickly when 8 people or so arrived.

Dropped 20 notes, 80 myth and 20 soldiery.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Had someone get one of the mark books worth 250 marks from Delvag's Final Flame. Everyone got 20 notes, 80 myth and 20 soldiery. Lucky git.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Still no demimateria Field 1s

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Had someone get one of the mark books worth 250 marks from Delvag's Final Flame. Everyone got 20 notes, 80 myth and 20 soldiery. Lucky git.
    So an elite mob dropped something that you can trade in for 250 allies notes? Or am I misreading that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    So an elite mob dropped something that you can trade in for 250 allies notes? Or am I misreading that?
    He dropped a book, which you trade 250 marks to get that book usually. 2 of those books get an oil, 3 get a sand.

Sorry if I derped my post and made it sound bad!

So I'm confused, the Elites you are all talking about, it's this Hunt thing? So the loot described (notes, myth, sold) can only happen once a week? Or you can farm this as much as you want all day?

CT2:
    Scylla is the new Bone Dragon.
    1st 2 Bosses drop 20 myth, 3rd drops 30 myth and last drops 30 myth and 15 sold.
    Got WHM belt off Scylla (1st boss), BRD belt off 2nd boss, casting head off Amon (3rd boss) and DRG body of last boss.

how easy/hard is CT2? the mechanics should not be too difficult considering it's already down...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kalendor View Post
    So I'm confused, the Elites you are all talking about, it's this Hunt thing? So the loot described (notes, myth, sold) can only happen once a week? Or you can farm this as much as you want all day?
    Yep, its the hunt. Can do as many as you want, we've done two B's and one A so far. The myth and soldiery is good too (30m 10s on B, 80m 20s on A)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Lodestone is up again, yet another crown without parry.

Yep, its the hunt. Can do as many as you want, we've done two B's and one A so far. The myth and soldiery is good too (30m 10s on B, 80m 20s on A)
    Damn, definitely, and a lot less mind numbing than spamming the same dungeon. Ah I just re-read the patch notes, now I get it, you only get the bounty once (I guess), but the myth soldiery are all the time. So what is the actual reward from the GC for the hunts?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kalendor View Post
    Damn, definitely, and a lot less mind numbing than spamming the same dungeon. Ah I just re-read the patch notes, now I get it, you only get the bounty once (I guess), but the myth soldiery are all the time. So what is the actual reward from the GC for the hunts?
    We've been getting bounty's from B and A ranks that aren't in the hunt board, you can just keep doing them.

Rewards are new GC items, Myth items, Sands, Oils, Alexandrite and a few others.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am kind of surprised at the Oil / Sand prices. We were all predicting way higher in the other patch thread. You almost don't even really need to do SCOB to get to 110 in a fairly reasonable amount of time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

To add, the book is a random drop. We've since done another A rank and no-one got one.

We've been getting bounty's from B and A ranks that aren't in the hunt board, you can just keep doing them.

Rewards are new GC items, Myth items, Sands, Oils, Alexandrite and a few others.
    Gotcha. Now it all depends how long it takes to take them down, what is the repop timer and basically, how many you can kill per hour by teleporting zone to zone.