+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Crafting Torques     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

New Crafting Torques

I haven't seen anything saying where these might be, and iirc we had to find out the hard way when they released the old ones. Anyone had any luck or heard anything about where we might find the new torques?

New
    Goldsmith's Torque - Den of Rancor
    Carver's Torque - Boyahda Tree
    Weaver's Torque - The Shrine of Ru'Avitau
    Culinarian's Torque - Gustav Tunnel

Old
    Alchemist's Torque - Ve'Lugannon Palace
    Tanner's Torque - Quicksand Caves
    Smithy's Torque - Ifrit's Cauldron
    Boneworker's Torque - Temple of Uggalepih
    Fisher's Torque - Outer Horutoto Ruins

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Added to the game, not implemented yet.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...679#post514679

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So the .dats were added but they can't be obtained yet. Saw it in the list of new items and assumed it was obtainable, august isn't that far off at least.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is just a wild guess, but notice the available key items in this update?

Magical Maps
    Map of Temple of Uggalepih
    Map of Ve'Lugannon Palace
    Map of Sea Serpent Grotto
    Map of Labyrinth of Onzozo

4 of them.... and there are 4 torque's hmmmmmmm.... granted there are two repeats....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Doubt they would double up though....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think they just renamed the maps for some stupid reason to follow suit with other maps

Campaign
    BG Level

They said they want these new torques to be "accessible" and that they want to offer "higher accessibility" for the old ones as well.
    Clearly having such a low drop (its goal in the past was to promote GoV in those zones) from a chest inside GoV zones is not what I'd call particularly accessible.

I'm pretty confident they're thinking about something new and Adoulin-related.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    They said they want these new torques to be "accessible" and that they want to offer "higher accessibility" for the old ones as well.
    Clearly having such a low drop (its goal in the past was to promote GoV in those zones) from a chest inside GoV zones is not what I'd call particularly accessible.

I'm pretty confident they're thinking about something new and Adoulin-related.
    If they dump all the crafting torques into lair, colonization, and/or wildskeeper reive drop pools and add an additional library quest where you can trade any 2-3 for a specific one I wouldn't be disapointed. Or just made specific ones drop from reives in specific zones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by shaggnix View Post
    If they dump all the crafting torques into lair, colonization, and/or wildskeeper reive drop pools and add an additional library quest where you can trade any 2-3 for a specific one I wouldn't be disapointed. Or just made specific ones drop from reives in specific zones.
    I'll be honest, and this is from someone who only has his fishing torque (is thrilled to see clothcraft finally added, and needs/wants a couple others), I don't mind...hell I respect them being difficult to obtain. SE threw those crafting kits in, making leveling easier- where is the demarcation between casual crafter and those who want to push it? I'm not saying 30 hours doing GoV is productive, but is 30 days in dynamis for marginal improvements to your melee character? Hate to say it, but let's keep a few things out there for those who take their crafting as serious as their favorite job.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There is so much we can speculate on. I just hope they aren't lazy or uncreative about it. The gov treasure was a decent challenge to patience and overall dedication. And they were all 'accessible' to really any player. yes it sucked if you were very unlucky, but it provided a nice goal to set for the hardcore crafter. i'm certainly not defending this idea, but it was different at the time.

If they add it to pool of lairs/reive/etc. you'll run into the same problem with JSE capes. Even the trade 3 for 1 wasn't the best solution imo & that didn't happen for what, months? (fucken storage slip assholes). Whatever they do, I hope its fun, and not just a straight purchase from GPs/bayld/HQ or whatever.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would speculate that they'd start adding treasure caskets to CoP zones and put them in there. Or perhaps they'll just surprise us. Either way, I don't think they'll devise anything too complicated. If it's Adoulin related, I'd wager it would relate to the Inventor's Coalition, since that's where the focus of synthesis in Adoulin would be.

Campaign
    BG Level

SE kinda confirmed they're going to add the new crafting torques to Caskets in the old zones. Those who currently do not have crafting torques, will get one.
    I don't know how I feel about this choice.

On one hand our previous scenario (new way to obtain new torques, maybe old ones moved to the new method too) would have felt bad for people who spent days and days and weeks farming the previous torques into a process which often turned into a very frustrating and urnewarding grind, often leading you to not leave a zone and kinda killing the fun of playing the game.
    So yeah... they would have rightfully gone mad.

On the other hand the previous system was really awful imho, and it doesn't really make sense to add new stuff into old content. It's so incoherent with what they've been doing in the past year that I'm really surprised they decided to go this way in the end.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    SE kinda confirmed they're going to add the new crafting torques to Caskets in the old zones. Those who currently do not have crafting torques, will get one.
    I don't know how I feel about this choice.

On one hand our previous scenario (new way to obtain new torques, maybe old ones moved to the new method too) would have felt bad for people who spent days and days and weeks farming the previous torques into a process which often turned into a very frustrating and urnewarding grind, often leading you to not leave a zone and kinda killing the fun of playing the game.
    So yeah... they would have rightfully gone mad.

On the other hand the previous system was really awful imho, and it doesn't really make sense to add new stuff into old content. It's so incoherent with what they've been doing in the past year that I'm really surprised they decided to go this way in the end.
    Its not terrible if its in a zone that gets kupo powers and you use thief tools. I've gotten both skillup earrings on 2 chars, and an alchemy torque (as far as rare casket item farming goes) and the ones in sky were significantly more difficult because you don't get myriad mystery boxes there. Hoping they don't add caskets/new torques to CoP zones.

Campaign
    BG Level

The japanese message was talking about "adjusting drop rates of existing drops from existing caskets", which kinda hints their intention is not to fuck them up after adding something else, which also kinda implies they're going to add new torques to old, already existing caskets, but that currently do not drop crafting torques but only other items.

That's what I could get from the jp message at least.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So they're out there, just have to find them. One might assume areas without a piece of Ra/Ex gear via casket are the top contenders (SSG!). I'll be cleaving the grotto tonight.

List of "best in area" casket drops

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

JP Wiki says Goldsmithing torque is Den of Rancor. http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/31610.html

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

updating the OP as i find info, have someone on AH saying woodworking is in boyahda but no SS yet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If we are staying with the theme of Zilart Dungeons, My guesses are Shrine of Ru'Avitau, Sea Serpent Grotto or Labyrinth of Onzozo for the remaining two.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Carver's Torque is from Boyahda Tree.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...52e59c28c6.jpg