+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Ben Richards View Post
    you want to help them then go help them just don't send me the bill and demand that I pay more then I already do to cover the costs.

share if you want to share if it helps you sleep if it helps you breath but don't come over here and piss on my gate save it just keep it off my wave.
    Considering that any who have legitimate jobs but are undocumented pay taxes that they do not benefit from, you're not covering their costs. They shop at the same stores that you do, and pay their taxes there, too. They do their best to avoid anything that could draw attention, including visiting a hospital's ER, unless absolutely necessary. Considering, you're upset with the wrong people. Do feel free to be angry at the substantial amount of white trash Christian Republican voters that populate this country, though, as they're actually far more likely to be the tax-suckers you apparently want to vilify. I'm not even describing them that way to adhere to a "libtard" stereotype—I'm saying it because they're over 50% of the welfare recipients in this country.

I was going to also go into detail about how Italians, the Irish, and so on, used to be perceived precisely as Latinos and Hispanics are today, and yet they're the ones proudly proclaiming their whiteness while talking about how they detest the brown man—but I think that summary says enough, really. That and our labor agreements made with Mexico after the Mexico/Texas war, not to mention our willfully bringing in a bunch of Mexican immigrants for labor work after WWII and setting the standard of having them stay here, but none of those things happened, right? Right. Sure.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm offensive and I find this very Latin.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Obama is in Texas and is apparently going to have a press conference about this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Considering that any who have legitimate jobs but are undocumented pay taxes that they do not benefit from, you're not covering their costs. They shop at the same stores that you do, and pay their taxes there, too. They do their best to avoid anything that could draw attention, including visiting a hospital's ER, unless absolutely necessary. Considering, you're upset with the wrong people. Do feel free to be angry at the substantial amount of white trash Christian Republican voters that populate this country, though, as they're actually far more likely to be the tax-suckers you apparently want to vilify. I'm not even describing them that way to adhere to a "libtard" stereotype—I'm saying it because they're over 50% of the welfare recipients in this country.

I was going to also go into detail about how Italians, the Irish, and so on, used to be perceived precisely as Latinos and Hispanics are today, and yet they're the ones proudly proclaiming their whiteness while talking about how they detest the brown man—but I think that summary says enough, really. That and our labor agreements made with Mexico after the Mexico/Texas war, not to mention our willfully bringing in a bunch of Mexican immigrants for labor work after WWII and setting the standard of having them stay here, but none of those things happened, right? Right. Sure.
    Just copy-paste this to all those who have to drudge through Facebook muppet shares and veiled racism in the fam. (I piss off my not-so close family by never being on mine lol).

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

most people (especially the type of people who share those disingenuous idiocies on facebook) are incapable of seeing something from any point of view other than their own, so even if you did paste that it wouldn't help. either they already agree with you, or you'll get the same results out of pasting this:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah fite me

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

great guy! i'm part Italian and I don't give a shit that Italians were treated like shit at some point in the past. none of you did that to me though, so why should I hold it against you and why would that make anyone else financially liable for someone else today?

I also didn't insult or call anyone a name based on presumed assumptions of their religion and political party nor did I bring up race, however you certainly did so.

no one deserves to live off my back. I worked my ass off from when I was 16 to get where I am today. I never said send them home ether. I said don't force me to help. if you want to help then fine, go right ahead. if people who cry about getting these people help were really so righteous they would just go help instead of looking for other people to do it with them and spread the cost around. misery loves company

looks like we got a rugged individualist on the loose

blax n gunz
    BG Level

no one deserves to live off my back. I said don't force me to help.
    Who is forcing you to help? Who is asking you directly for money? I'm confused what your argument is.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

his argument is the age-old "i dont use ___ so why should my taxes be used to pay for it?" idiocy, as well as a fair dose of NIMBY-esque douchery. it's not in his back yard, why should he care?

Vuitton

Something a lot of people are glossing over is that almost the entirety of these children aren't even from Mexico. They trekked thousands of miles from various war torn countries in Central America to escape violence, murder, torture, ect. Oh, you want to send those kids back? To where? To die? This is a real problem and it has nothing to do with importing "democratic voters" (because yeah, these little kids from fucking Nicaragua who can't speak English are going to vote), the problem is that it's not ethical to send them back to die, but it's also a problem to keep them here. However, the "lesser" problem is allowing them to stay until a real solution can be found.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

great guy! i'm part Italian and I don't give a shit that Italians were treated like shit at some point in the past. none of you did that to me though, so why should I hold it against you and why would that make anyone else financially liable for someone else today?
    You don't give a shit? What a short-sighted, cherry-picking moron you are. It isn't as if this were ancient history. You're here because of the unwanted Italian immigrants who worked here, hard, despite being told that they don't belong, that they're dirty, and they're unwanted, and who nonetheless persisted and nonetheless had children, who subsequently sit around like spoiled, entitled brats—just as you are now. You worked since you were sixteen? Congratulations, you're a regular fucking person. You're not special. Busted your ass? Please. You practically coasted on the opportunities afforded to you by your ancestors.

How you talk about undocumented immigrants today is how anyone who wasn't descended from a settler was talked about in recent history. Do you think your grandparents and/or great grandparents worked hard enough to justify their place in this country? Then you're a disrespectful and hypocritical person for saying that anyone Latino or Hispanic isn't doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Ben Richards
    I also didn't insult or call anyone a name based on presumed assumptions of their religion and political party nor did I bring up race, however you certainly did so.
    What, by saying "white trash?" I'll own that, as I certainly did use it as a descriptor. Nothing I said was "presumed assumptions," though. That is actual, hard-line fact, which you can verify by reading through Census records. There's no bigotry or unjust labeling going on there. These are—"white trash" replaced with "poverty level," and specifically related to Caucasians—how over half of the recipients of welfare are polled and registered in our country.

I'm sorry if you don't like the truth, but it isn't going away because it isn't convenient for you.

no one deserves to live off my back.
    No one is. Due to the aforementioned taxes that they still pay but do not benefit from, you're far more so living off of theirs, not to mention the green belts you see, the food you eat, and so on. You owe them. You think the jobs will keep on being fulfilled if they're not here? Go ahead and look into what farmers had to do after Arizona enacted strict legislation. (Spoiler: they had to deal with all of the locals who visited their farms, worked for a day, and then deserted without so much as a phone call.)

I worked my ass off from when I was 16 to get where I am today.
    As mentioned, not comparatively. I don't even care if you worked hard labor. Reference: I started working when I was younger than you, under the table, illegally, and with multiple jobs. I'll say I busted my ass, but I'd never be arrogant nor presumptuous enough to presume I'd done it more so than an undocumented immigrant.

I never said send them home ether. I said don't force me to help. if you want to help then fine, go right ahead. if people who cry about getting these people help were really so righteous they would just go help instead of looking for other people to do it with them and spread the cost around. misery loves company
    Sure. There's nothing more American than ignoring standards that Americans set, and ignoring things that Americans invited them to do. What a reprehensible "patriot" you are.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    There's nothing more American than ignoring standards that Americans set, and ignoring things that Americans invited them to do. What a reprehensible "patriot" you are.

Vuitton

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I just wanted to point out that its not through any leadership decision of the President that these kids will get to stay here in the country, for a while, at least. It's the law. A law passed during Bush's presidency and signed by Bush that makes a distinction between illegal Mexican immigrants, who can be just summarily thrown back over the border, and immigrants from "non-contiguous" countries, those south of Mexico. Immigrants from "non-contiguous" countries have a right to apply for refugee status, and a right to appeal the result of their application, a process that takes many months. This law passed under Bush and signed by Bush is the reason these kids are coming here and cannot be immediately deported. The GOP is trying to turn this into the new apoca-sharknado-benghazi-ragnarok-IRS-Katrina-Gate for Obama, but really he has nothing to do with it and can't do much of anything about it.

I mentioned previously why these kids are coming, but here is a link if you want a more detailed explanation of their plight:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/10/wo...rder.html?_r=0

tl;dr: gang violence targeting children

The 5 year old kids aren't being smuggled by coyotes, suffering myriad abuse on the way, because they are so steeped in our country's bullshit immigration debate and are hedging on the side of amnesty.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Why is Obama allowing illegal immigrants to stay, instead of enforcing the laws of the land and deporting them?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uux7G3RoIZ...0/Removals.png

oh
    http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/Figure1small.jpg

I'm getting mixed messages here, but apparently Clinton was GOAT. Current admin's process is apparently "call oranges apples and then point out how great our apple harvest has been lately".

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton
    This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I just wanted to point out that its not through any leadership decision of the President that these kids will get to stay here in the country, for a while, at least. It's the law. A law passed during Bush's presidency and signed by Bush that makes a distinction between illegal Mexican immigrants, who can be just summarily thrown back over the border, and immigrants from "non-contiguous" countries, those south of Mexico. Immigrants from "non-contiguous" countries have a right to apply for refugee status, and a right to appeal the result of their application, a process that takes many months. This law passed under Bush and signed by Bush is the reason these kids are coming here and cannot be immediately deported. The GOP is trying to turn this into the new apoca-sharknado-benghazi-ragnarok-IRS-Katrina-Gate for Obama, but really he has nothing to do with it and can't do much of anything about it.
    Mexico also passed laws to help migrants passing through from the big three countries to the US in 2011, which is around the time this number spiked, and the numbers went parabolic in 2012 when the DACA was passed. It's pretty fair to say none of these are directly responsible but the increasing perception of better opportunities taking their chances in the US than in their home countries or other bordering countries is, especially with spikes in violent activity. According to the UNHCR (link), 51% of a small sample of the recent UAC immigrants claimed to come for economic opportunities, 21% to rejoin family members already living in the US, and 19% because of education. The percentage who came and said they were victims of harm or threats from criminal organizations has increased to 48% in 2013, from 13% in 2006, and given that the absolute numbers have increased dramatically as well, it's pretty clear how large of a driver that is.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

So i just glossed over this debate because i thought it was just mexicans looking for work until i realized that most of these immigrants are actually kids and that they're from central america and not mexico. And that they're mostly not running away for work but running away so they don't die at the ripe age of 10.

CRISTIAN OMAR REYES, an 11-year-old sixth grader in the neighborhood of Nueva Suyapa, on the outskirts of Tegucigalpa, tells me he has to get out of Honduras soon — “no matter what.”

In March, his father was robbed and murdered by gangs while working as a security guard protecting a pastry truck. His mother used the life insurance payout to hire a smuggler to take her to Florida. She promised to send for him quickly, but she has not.

Three people he knows were murdered this year. Four others were gunned down on a nearby corner in the span of two weeks at the beginning of this year. A girl his age resisted being robbed of $5. She was clubbed over the head and dragged off by two men who cut a hole in her throat, stuffed her panties in it, and left her body in a ravine across the street from Cristian’s house.

“I’m going this year,” he tells me.
    Enrique’s 33-year-old sister, Belky, who still lives in Nueva Suyapa, says children began leaving en masse for the United States three years ago. That was around the time that the narcos started putting serious pressure on kids to work for them. At Cristian’s school, older students working with the cartels push drugs on the younger ones — some as young as 6. If they agree, children are recruited to serve as lookouts, make deliveries in backpacks, rob people and extort businesses. They are given food, shoes and money in return. Later, they might work as traffickers or hit men.

Continue reading the main story
    Teachers at Cristian’s school described a 12-year-old who demanded that the school release three students one day to help him distribute crack cocaine; he brandished a pistol and threatened to kill a teacher when she tried to question him.

At Nueva Suyapa’s only public high school, narcos “recruit inside the school,” says Yadira Sauceda, a counselor there. Until he was killed a few weeks ago, a 23-year-old “student” controlled the school. Each day, he was checked by security at the door, then had someone sneak his gun to him over the school wall. Five students, mostly 12- and 13-year-olds, tearfully told Ms. Sauceda that the man had ordered them to use and distribute drugs or he would kill their parents. By March, one month into the new school year, 67 of 450 students had left the school.

Teachers must pay a “war tax” to teach in certain neighborhoods, and students must pay to attend.

Carlos Baquedano Sánchez, a slender 14-year-old with hair sticking straight up, explained how hard it was to stay away from the cartels. He lives in a shack made of corrugated tin in a neighborhood in Nueva Suyapa called El Infiernito — Little Hell — and usually doesn’t have anything to eat one out of every three days. He started working in a dump when he was 7, picking out iron or copper to recycle, for $1 or $2 a day. But bigger boys often beat him to steal his haul, and he quit a year ago when an older man nearly killed him for a coveted car-engine piston. Now he sells scrap wood.

But all of this was nothing, he says, compared to the relentless pressure to join narco gangs and the constant danger they have brought to his life. When he was 9, he barely escaped from two narcos who were trying to rape him, while terrified neighbors looked on. When he was 10, he was pressured to try marijuana and crack. “You’ll feel better. Like you are in the clouds,” a teenager working with a gang told him. But he resisted.

He has known eight people who were murdered and seen three killed right in front of him. He saw a man shot three years ago and still remembers the plums the man was holding rolling down the street, coated in blood. Recently he witnessed two teenage hit men shooting a pair of brothers for refusing to hand over the keys and title to their motorcycle. Carlos hit the dirt and prayed. The killers calmly walked down the street. Carlos shrugs. “Now seeing someone dead is nothing.”

He longs to be an engineer or mechanic, but he quit school after sixth grade, too poor and too afraid to attend. “A lot of kids know what can happen in school. So they leave.”
    Milagro Noemi Martínez, a petite 19-year-old with clear green eyes, has been told repeatedly by narcos that she would be theirs — or end up dead. Last summer, she made her first attempt to reach the United States. “Here there is only evil,” she says. “It’s better to leave than have them kill me here.” She headed north with her 21-year-old sister, a friend who had also been threatened, and $170 among them. But she was stopped and deported from Mexico. Now back in Nueva Suyapa, she stays locked inside her mother’s house. “I hope God protects me. I am afraid to step outside.” Last year, she says, six minors, as young as 15, were killed in her neighborhood. Some were hacked apart. She plans to try the journey again soon. Asking for help from the police or the government is not an option in what some consider a failed state. The drugs that pass through Honduras each year are worth more than the country’s entire gross domestic product. Narcos have bought off police officers, politicians and judges. In recent years, four out of five homicides were never investigated. No one is immune to the carnage. Several Honduran mayors have been killed. The sons of both the former head of the police department and the head of the national university were murdered, the latter, an investigation showed, by the police.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/op...088400000&_r=1

Jesus christ, these kids live in a nightmare.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

WHO CARES! THESE FILTHY IMMIGRANTS ARE STEALING OUR JOBS AND OBUMMER IS JUST SITTING ON HIS ASS

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Because we totally have the capacity to handle this many children coming in to the country. It's not like our education system isn't broken as fuck, or that we can barely take care of our own homeless and mentally ill and wounded soldiers.

Oh.

Look, I feel for these kids, but what the fuck can we even do if we can't even help our own?

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    1Mexico also passed laws to help migrants passing through from the big three countries to the US in 2011, which is around the time this number spiked,

2and the numbers went parabolic in 2012 when the DACA was passed. It's pretty fair to say none of these are directly responsible but the increasing perception of better opportunities taking their chances in the US than in
    1. Yeah, no. That's a lie. Think about it, it doesn't even make sense to give the US the middle finger by helping Central American immigrants. On the other hand, people are pissed in Oaxaca and Chiapas for the lack of protection, they get: assaulted, raped, and even killed by the Narcos. It's pretty fucked up.

2. DACA has nothing to do w/ ... anything. The requirements are fucking ridiculous but whatever. Here are a few to get a temp work permit:

I. Came to the US under 16.
    II. Have a HS diploma or GED.
    III. No felonies.

So yeah, there's no fucking way in hell to just waltz in and apply for that shit. Your idea of 'increased opportunities' is quite ridiculous because you can apply it to any argument, and that would make it invalid.

Mexicans don't come to the US any more because they have increased opportunities/universal health care blah blah blah etc. They left brotha.

Last, Obama wants money so he can hire more judges to speed up the deportation process because they can't just boot children like that. Immigration laws are pretty fucking rough, and Obama has been a fucking douchebag too as far as immigration is concerned. Anyway, violence and poverty are not enough to grant them political asylum. That is only for specific cases, say X individual/family is targeted for their political views, sexual orientation, religious views, etc., now they MAY have a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Look, I feel for these kids, but what the fuck can we even do if we can't even help our own?
    I don't see it so much as being incapable, but more a case of the right people being unwilling. Let's call it, uh... trickle down socio-economics.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/op...088400000&_r=1

Jesus christ, these kids live in a nightmare.
    Reminds me of City of God