1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramuh Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Hmm... what if all members are marked (from 1 to 5 and + other two marks as 6 and 7) and follow the rules that the lowest number-marked member saves the situation?

Chaotic Strike: targeted members stack. The lowest number-marked person other than the targets will save them with Thunderstorm.
    Rolling Thunder: the lowest number-marked person eats the orbs. If one tethered member is also targeted with Chaotic Strike, then the other member will have to go eat the orbs (while the next lowest number-marked person breaks Seduced.)

Would this work? What am I missing? I haven't done it yet so I might not have the full picture of why the above would not work 100% (other than people lacking brains).
    Eanae basically explained it in his reply, but I more meant sometimes you get situations (like we did) where you have numbers 1 to 4, and #1 and someone else not numbered out in the water (a melee) is feared as well and no one from 1-4 has it. It more or less requires people to REALLY be on their A game and always watching everything at all times. Even then, it would require people to not second guess themselves (IE: 2 people with lightning see the melee trapped in the water with fear and both run to him instead of one running to the trapped #1 and the other makes his/her way to the melee).

You could pug it, but things have to go very in your favor or you need to establish rules for every bad situation. In most pugs I've been in for anything else they don't go this in depth. Maybe it's different on other servers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Eanae basically explained it in his reply, but I more meant sometimes you get situations (like we did) where you have numbers 1 to 4, and #1 and someone else not numbered out in the water (a melee) is feared as well and no one from 1-4 has it. It more or less requires people to REALLY be on their A game and always watching everything at all times. Even then, it would require people to not second guess themselves (IE: 2 people with lightning see the melee trapped in the water with fear and both run to him instead of one running to the trapped #1 and the other makes his/her way to the melee).

You could pug it, but things have to go very in your favor or you need to establish rules for every bad situation. In most pugs I've been in for anything else they don't go this in depth. Maybe it's different on other servers.
    Thanks Uryuu. Wouldn't mark 7 people solve the priority issue? I mean, in your situation, the 2 people with lightning who see the melee trapped in the water will be marked and the lower number will have to free them. In the video I saw the 2 targets of Chaotic Strike were all stacking on the same spot, as to be freed with just 1 lighting (courtesy of the lower number-marked person) avoiding the situation you described. Or is there a reason why you can't stack during the fight?

I am not trying to be stubborn with this method, I swear... I actually believe once I try to PUG this I will want to tear my hair out, but it would be nice to know there is a method that could work more or less consistently. =)

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Thanks Uryuu. Wouldn't mark 7 people solve the priority issue? I mean, in your situation, the 2 people with lightning who see the melee trapped in the water will be marked and the lower number will have to free them. In the video I saw the 2 targets of Chaotic Strike were all stacking on the same spot, as to be freed with just 1 lighting (courtesy of the lower number-marked person) avoiding the situation you described. Or is there a reason why you can't stack during the fight?

I am not trying to be stubborn with this method, I swear... I actually believe once I try to PUG this I will want to tear my hair out, but it would be nice to know there is a method that could work more or less consistently. =)
    Problem with a 6 man priority system is that by the time person 6 realized they had to be the one to break people out it'd be too late. Communication with maybe 2 people designated to be the primary breakers makes it much simpler with breaking people out.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

We've killed Ramuh several times, but still trying to refine our strategy.

When it comes to Chaotic Strike, what we tried with some degrees of success:

One person is designated to call out who is cleansing the seduced targets. He must be quick and decisive about it. That person's word is the law. That person cleanses it. Nobody else does.

With voice comms, you can mark everyone with a number and call out the number of the person who should cleanse it. Without voice comms, you can have someone mark that person with an X over their head.

I'm not 100% sure how good this strategy is now, because if the caller makes a mistake, the results are disastrous. Still working on different ways to definitively determine who is cleansing the seduced targets because a free-for-all simply doesn't work.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

chaotic strike targets jump into ramuh. think conflag/fireball. then they peace out before shock strike/plummet goes off. ez pz lemon squeezy. they either get cleansed by a ground thunder or whoever's thunder circle is closest or whoever's most clockwise. AKA

get chaotic strike
    run into ramuh

get thunder
    start walking in
    see a ground targeted thunder in range? back off
    see your monk with thunder in range? back off
    see a moving thunder to your left? back off
    you were in la-la land, didn't notice, and somebody's already got it? back off

P.S. i haven't unlocked ramuh hard mode yet

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

BTW the last-phase add attacks ("Thunderbolt") are avoidable and i don't see a lot of evidence that thundershock is affected by the number of candy on the field.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    BTW the last-phase add attacks ("Thunderbolt") are avoidable and i don't see a lot of evidence that thundershock is affected by the number of candy on the field.
    Something has to increase the damage, since the spread in parser goes from 0 to 4k, with median being ~2k. High was almost 5k but that was on drg so probably b4b.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The blue balls increase dmg on both shock and bolt

Need to make sure to have he least blue balls possible

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thunderstorm, not shock. Sry. Like i said i haven't even unlocked hardmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Something has to increase the damage, since the spread in parser goes from 0 to 4k, with median being ~2k.
    Yea, I take that back. I saw some instances where someone got wiped out by a thunderstorm with apparently 0 old candy up, could've been an overlapping thunderstorm or synced with a thunderbolt. It makes sense that they would put something in to punish stacking as much candy as possible. Candy management, if you will.

The strategy we have is the chaotic targets go behind the mob, don't forget if you jump the game doesn't render that so if you're a little slow you can use it to get there in time. Basically MT and OT take care of the orbs in the first phase. If someone needs to be awoken then its the first person to blurt it out while they're there and rest get out no second guessing.

Second phase orbs are free for grabs unless one of the tank says they need it. During this phase ramuh is rotated clockwise as the adds are killed so everyone always knows the default spot is behind the mob and the amount of distance melee have to travel is minimal

Last phase same as first only tanks and the rolling thunder gets the orb.

I personally think this fight is the hardest simply because of the amount of communication and you really get punished if someone dies, but that just be because the fight is newer.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I found this fight needs zero communication, 100% puggable. Do the following:

Phase 1:
    Stack behind the boss for charms
    Odd numbered Thunderbolts have tanks grab orbs
    Even numbered Thunderbolts have DPS/Healers grab orbs

Add Phase:
    Melee LB the first add immediately to make the DPS check easy
    Kill adds clockwise
    Stack on the land next to the current add for charm to make charm breaks really easy

Phase 2:
    Always leave up 3 orbs
    Rolling Thunder priority for grabbing orbs: Tank > Healer > Ranged DPS > Melee DPS

Done.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

None of that addresses a system on how to save people from charm.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    None of that addresses a system on how to save people from charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Phase 1:
    Stack behind the boss for charms
    ???

If you're spread out and the two charm people stack, the charm will literally resolve itself. If for some reason you didn't spread out properly, just have the nearest person run in.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Add spawns (phase change) reset his rotation, so don't push 65% and 30% if he hasn't hit Thunderstorm yet after Chaotic Strike.

Has a low ACC cap, didn't miss squat at 418acc on SCH.

Enrage is another Judgement Bolt.

Don't summon pets from the upper-most point of the duty-circle, Ramuh will potentially aggro.

3 healer setup (1 dpsing fulltime) is alright for learning, and lets you cheat the shitty situation of both healers tethered in last phase.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

What time did he enrage?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wish I knew. Forgot to check chat log for his dialog timestamps. At least 10min.

3 red charges is roughly -90% healing potency, so likely -30% per stack. Lustrate ignores it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    3 healer setup (1 dpsing fulltime) is alright for learning, and lets you cheat the shitty situation of both healers tethered in last phase.
    You can give one healer priority to build a shield if orbs aren't needed for tank or tether, since shield prevents that person from being a tether target.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couple of notes:

Judgement Bolt takes about 2:45 to cast
    Each Increased Sentence reduces it by about 1 second. (Thanks Rae Kasl).

Doesn't seem worth it to waste DPS over-focusing one target as long as your DPS is decent.

Did it in a full pug today, easy wins with the strategy I mentioned a few posts back.

Definitely solo healable as well, just save tank CDs for Rolling Thunder just in case you need to last 20s without some heals.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Went into this for the first time today and downed it after 2~3 hours. Incredibly communication intensive fight. We put a B marker at the south behind Ramuh, chaos stacks there. Four dps are numbered 1-4, lowest number priority depending. Tank was always tanking to the north. If there's a tank fuckup we usually have the current tank refresh into a 1stack debuff. Me in brd died 0, same for healers. One tank died once. Monk died once, other brd died twice, blm died three times. Killed it just short of 9 minutes. For the adds I literally just went and put dots on everything in a circle forever.

The fight itself isn't that hard, but it's incredibly annoying. Possibly more annoying than moogle extreme.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan