1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramuh Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Man, no one is doing this fight. Really hard to find a practice group at all, which is weird because Levi had a ton.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That's pretty awesome. I haven't even tried this battle yet and this looks fun.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I think Shock Strike just counts as "aoe reduced by pets", which is why Titan works. Hope SE leaves it in, in the spirit of T2 enrage, because it's a neat little "exploit".

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Man, no one is doing this fight. Really hard to find a practice group at all, which is weird because Levi had a ton.
    Levi dropped relevant weapons for the time and was easier than Twintania. Ramuh's shit is meh because of the ease of obtaining soldiery/unweathered-weapons+acc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I think Shock Strike just counts as "aoe reduced by pets", which is why Titan works. Hope SE leaves it in, in the spirit of T2 enrage, because it's a neat little "exploit".
    It is a neat trick since it basically ignores one half of the mechanics involving the shark balls.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Yeah, it is frontal cone, right? I was a bit too far forward once and I ate like 5k damage from it. They're going to have to be a bit more specific about their coding for the pet damage reduction. I think it's simply for everything that's not single-target at this point.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Shock Strike is like a circle AoE on target like say T9 Ravensbeak explosion (at least it is in HM); this is why everyone gets hit when people/pets agro Ramuh from the ring. Though for the amount of space you have to work with in EX, it may as well be a cleave.

It's not a simple flag like "if attack = multi-target, reduce damage", because then Mountain Buster would also be split (and pretty sure it isn't). And I can't think of one off the top of my head but I think there is some aoe that does hurt pets pretty bad?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe Titan has built-in lightning resistance?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

and now everyone and their mom is doing SMN tank because it's easier

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Good thing having a ton of i110 VIT accessories

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Did people find this fight hard to begin with?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

In the same way people can find T5 or T6 to be hard because you have to pay attention to other characters, I guess.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It's 'hard' because the 2nd tank don't check the timer and let the other tank buff wear off which cretes a 1 shot

but it does these things.

1. The one shot mechanic is now nullified to titan which doesn't get affected by any one shot abilities. You now only have to focus on one pet and not have to worry about off tank getting one shotted from bring too close to MT.

2. Pet cannot be targeted by Chaotic Strike thus never having to have tanks deal with choatic.

3. Orbs for the first 50% of the fight are free instead of attributing orbs to paladins and eliminates people "accidently" picking one up causing wipes or red stacks.

The Main thing in this fight that kill people are thunderstorms and orbs affect the damage of it, since orbs are free 50% of the fight it makes the DMG very minimal so it overall makes you only have to pay attention to 1 through 5 people for chaotic strike

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Booooo. Looks like Titan-Egi not viable anymore. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2267548
    The following issues have been addressed:
    - An issue in “The Striking Tree (Hard)” and “The Striking Tree (Extreme)”, wherein the damage taken by pets was abnormally low.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm more bummed I didn't get to try it before the fix. Wanted to be everyone's favorite SMN D:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was a little broken but was kind of fun and an interesting way to get SMNs to use another pet than Garuda. Shit still got messed up if people didn't know what they were doing but whatever I suppose. Not a terribly hard fight either way.

It wasn't a little broken it was a lot broken. Shit was going to get fixed, I don't know how anyone didn't see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It wasn't a little broken it was a lot broken. Shit was going to get fixed, I don't know how anyone didn't see it coming.
    You could easily argue the same for T2 enrage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    You could easily argue the same for T2 enrage.
    t2 enrage was worse, because you had to deal with zero of ADS' mechanics. lol

If you think T2 enrage is worse even though you actually need a tank then you're being stupid. T2 enrage is no where near as bad as this is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast