1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramuh Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ramuh Extreme

Post any Findings here

Credit : Dammerung

General Mechanics:

Thunderstorm - targets random players, tracks target, after a short duration deals AoE on target. May also target ground. The ground target ones will drop an orb. Damage from this ability breaks 'Seduced' from Chaos Strike.

Thunderspark - melee AoE, moderate damage, but kills Chaotic Strike targets.

Orbs - Eat 3 to give a shield for a minute that prevents you from dying to Shock Strike, otherwise it does like 17k damage and goes through Hallowed. Building shield also removes tether. The more orbs are out, the more damage Thunderstorm deals. Managing shield duration is the tank swap mechanic. Eating more than 3 will give an 'overchaged' shield that reduces healing per stack but still blocks Shock Strike. Caps at 3 stacks.

Chaotic Strike - Fears 2 players not top enmity after a short duration. They will walk slowly towards Ramuh then get killed by the melee AoE Thunderspark by Ramuh if Chaos/Seduced is not broken by Thunderstorm. This is a team coordination mechanic, think T8 ballistic missle.

Grey Arbiter - Add, just kill them all to not die to Judgement Bolt. Does low damage across the field. They also have an ability that fires at Ramuh that lowers the time left until Judgement bolt, so kill them sequentially.

Judgement Bolt - Negligible damage if all adds were killed, otherwise 30k and you die.

Rolling Thunder - Links two players together, puts a dot debuff as well as deals damage on any action. 1 person linked needs to eat 3 orbs to break. Can be the target of Chaos Strike.

Phases:

100->66 - Thunderstorm and Chaos Strike management.

65 - Adds spawn. Ramuh will need to be rotated to face away from the group as adds are killed. Thunderstorm and Chaos Strike persist.

Post Judgement Bolt->0 - Introduces tether mechanic. Thunderstorm frequency increases. At 29, untargettable adds spawn that just deal a little extra damage.

So the general approach is save people that get hit by Chaotic Strike and keep the field clear of orbs unless needed to deal with something. Bad phase pushes are possible like in T7; his attack pattern is reset on phase change so you may get a double Chaotic Strike. Also theoretically possible to solo tank, but timing is incredibly precise and not worth it except to say "I did it".

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Full content Rata post as usual lol.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

What? this thread is a placeholder for startegy, I didn't do EX so i can't do much

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What is required to unlock besides Hardmode?

Edit: Nevermind right there in the notes

Finish main story and beat Levi/moogle ex

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Strategy would be good, but i'll take Startegy too. Whatever i can get

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Going to be trying Ramuh Ex pretty soon with a FC group so I'll post what we figure out. As for some mechanics I noticed in HM that might carry into EX: Causality seemed to be broken when at least one of the linked players got 3 stacks of the debuff from the lightning particles that get left behind by thunderstrikes. Seems like it's best for one player to focus on getting 3 stacks if they're able to use TP for sprint while the other player in the pair holds off on their actions. Aside from the terror being taken off by getting hit by lightning I think that was the easiest to miss mechanic in hardmode.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hard mode doesn't really have a lot going on and it's so easy to just bypass everything. Basically Chaotic Strike inflicts terror on someone>have someone with bolts move near them to remove, get rid of Casuality by getting three stacks from orbs and kill mini Ramuhs. I also noticed another red stacking debuff early in the fight but couldn't get what it was about.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Okay there were several major difference I saw in extreme from hard mode before I had to call it a night.

First, there's a tank swap mechanic that's not even readily apparent. Ramuh will start using Static Shock on his main threat target after about 15-20 seconds into the fight and this will do around 16k-17k unless you have Static Protection. You gain this by picking up 3 sparks that are left behind when Thunderstorm strikes stationary spots on the ground. Another thing about Static Protection is that if you touch any spark while it's on you, the Protection will turn into Static Condensation that reduces the amount of healing you receive. This still protects you from getting one shot by Static Shock so this can be used to keep yourself alive if the other tank screws up while gathering sparks or dies.
    Second, Chaosstrike will put two cross-hairs on anyone aside from the current tank. Once these cross-hairs disappear the targeted people will be frozen in place for about 6 seconds (give or take) and unless this terror is dispelled by a hit from Thunderstorm the debuff will turn into seduced that lasts for 40 seconds. Anyone that's seduced will walk towards Ramuh and remain there until Thunderspark, a fairly small aoe around him, goes out which will then do 10k to anyone with this debuff.

At around 65% Ramuh will summon 6 Grey Arbitrors around the edge of the arena which need to be burned down before Judgement Bolt goes off. If even one is left alive Judgement Bolt does 30k and will wipe the group. There's also several things to note about the terrain in extreme. Water covers up about half of the arena leaving a fairly small amount of space around Ramuh in which to try and place Thunderstorm blasts. Any lightning from Thunderstorm that hits the water will cause the entire area covered by water to spark with electricity and deal about 3-4k damage to anyone standing in it. There are small gemstones that line the edge between the water and dry land as well as several plants at the very edge of the arena that all seem to attract Thunderstorm blasts but I'm unsure how many get targeted at a time. After Judgement Bolt goes off Ramuh begins to start using Rolling Thunder which links two people together and this seems to get dispelled by having one person in the pair collect 3 sparks. Sadly I didn't see much past this point but the first part of this fight seems to revolves around handling Chaosstrike and keeping Static Protection up on the current tank. My group members were also claiming that Thunderstorm seemed to be doing damage based on how many sparks were on the field so we had a bard running around picking up spare sparks when we weren't tank swapping.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

General Mechanics:

Thunderstorm - targets random players, tracks target, after a short duration deals AoE on target. May also target ground. The ground target ones will drop an orb. Damage from this ability breaks 'Seduced' from Chaos Strike.

Thunderspark - melee AoE, moderate damage, but kills Chaotic Strike targets.

Orbs - Eat 3 to give a shield for a minute that prevents you from dying to Shock Strike, otherwise it does like 17k damage and goes through Hallowed. Building shield also removes tether. The more orbs are out, the more damage Thunderstorm deals. Managing shield duration is the tank swap mechanic. Eating more than 3 will give an 'overchaged' shield that reduces healing per stack but still blocks Shock Strike. Caps at 3 stacks.

Chaotic Strike - Fears 2 players not top enmity after a short duration. They will walk slowly towards Ramuh then get killed by the melee AoE Thunderspark by Ramuh if Chaos/Seduced is not broken by Thunderstorm. This is a team coordination mechanic, think T8 ballistic missle.

Grey Arbiter - Add, just kill them all to not die to Judgement Bolt. Does low damage across the field. They also have an ability that fires at Ramuh that lowers the time left until Judgement bolt, so kill them sequentially.

Judgement Bolt - Negligible damage if all adds were killed, otherwise 30k and you die.

Rolling Thunder - Links two players together, puts a dot debuff as well as deals damage on any action. 1 person linked needs to eat 3 orbs to break. Can be the target of Chaos Strike.

Phases:

100->66 - Thunderstorm and Chaos Strike management.

65 - Adds spawn. Ramuh will need to be rotated to face away from the group as adds are killed. Thunderstorm and Chaos Strike persist.

Post Judgement Bolt->0 - Introduces tether mechanic. Thunderstorm frequency increases. At 29, untargettable adds spawn that just deal a little extra damage.

So the general approach is save people that get hit by Chaotic Strike and keep the field clear of orbs unless needed to deal with something. Bad phase pushes are possible like in T7; his attack pattern is reset on phase change so you may get a double Chaotic Strike. Also theoretically possible to solo tank, but timing is incredibly precise and not worth it except to say "I did it".

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

This fight is definitely another Ifrit EX in the fact that it's healer intensive rather than anything else. Especially if both healers get tethered together.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's also very communication heavy. By far the most out of any extreme thus far.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It's also very communication heavy. By far the most out of any extreme thus far.
    Very true. I'm honestly not sure how pugs would do this, I feel like they'd steal puddles and shock each other constantly. Guess we'll find out when Mr. Happy releases his video for it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

High quality QA team they have there. The weather is also still in kanji.

Spoiler: show

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Very true. I'm honestly not sure how pugs would do this, I feel like they'd steal puddles and shock each other constantly. Guess we'll find out when Mr. Happy releases his video for it.
    Hmm... what if all members are marked (from 1 to 5 and + other two marks as 6 and 7) and follow the rules that the lowest number-marked member saves the situation?

Chaotic Strike: targeted members stack. The lowest number-marked person other than the targets will save them with Thunderstorm.
    Rolling Thunder: the lowest number-marked person eats the orbs. If one tethered member is also targeted with Chaotic Strike, then the other member will have to go eat the orbs (while the next lowest number-marked person breaks Seduced.)

Would this work? What am I missing? I haven't done it yet so I might not have the full picture of why the above would not work 100% (other than people lacking brains).

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Hmm... what if all members are marked (from 1 to 5 and + other two marks as 6 and 7) and follow the rules that the lowest number-marked member saves the situation?

Chaotic Strike: targeted members stack. The lowest number-marked person other than the targets will save them with Thunderstorm.
    Rolling Thunder: the lowest number-marked person eats the orbs. If one tethered member is also targeted with Chaotic Strike, then the other member will have to go eat the orbs (while the next lowest number-marked person breaks Seduced.)

Would this work? What am I missing? I haven't done it yet so I might not have the full picture of why the above would not work 100% (other than people lacking brains).
    Because the lowest marked target won't always have a thunderstorm on them. So you have to communicate through the ranks of priority who is the lowest ranked person with a thunderstorm on them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Because the lowest marked target won't always have a thunderstorm on them. So you have to communicate through the ranks of priority who is the lowest ranked person with a thunderstorm on them.
    Thanks Eanae. But everybody can see who is the target of Thunderstorms, right? Is the battle so chaotic / Thunderstorm cast time so fast that you won't have a chance to consistently make a note of this and act accordingly?

I mean, all members are marked from 1 to 7, you just need to see if you have a Thunderstorm on you, and if that is the case then also check if your mark is the lowest; then you know it's your turn.

Am I making it too simple? It's possible I haven't understood the mechanic very well.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Thanks Eanae. But everybody can see who is the target of Thunderstorms, right? Is the battle so chaotic / Thunderstorm cast time so fast that you won't have a chance to consistently make a note of this and act accordingly?

I mean, all members are marked from 1 to 7, you just need to see if you have a Thunderstorm on you, and if that is the case then also check if your mark is the lowest; then you know it's your turn.

Am I making it too simple? It's possible I haven't understood the mechanic very well.
    It's visible but blends in with the floor. You also don't get very much time to visibly check everyone around you before you need to be breaking them out. Maybe 3-4 seconds tops. It's easy enough if you're on voice comms but I can see a pug or df group having A LOT of problems with it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I haven't seen how much space you have to work with in EX but I'd think a fanned-out T6-like formation would work fine.

Code:
         T      
         R      
    1  H  H  4
      2     3
    T = tank, R = ramuh, H = healers, 1-4 = DPS
    Also pretend that's more fitting the circle.

Whoever is closest to a seduced healer frees them. Healers free zapped DPS. Not a hard-set order but kind of general priority? If thunderstorm aoe indicator -> aoe fires off is the same as HM, it seemed easy enough to make adjustments if 2 people were gonna hit one guy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I haven't seen how much space you have to work with in EX but I'd think a fanned-out T6-like formation would work fine.

Code:
         T      
         R      
    1  H  H  4
      2     3

Whoever is closest to a seduced healer frees them. Healers free zapped DPS. Not a hard-set order but kind of general priority? If thunderstorm aoe indicator -> aoe fires off is the same as HM, it seemed easy enough to make adjustments if 2 people were gonna hit one guy.
    I'm pretty sure that's how it will be done. Fight's pretty easy, even without voice comms. Like Leviathan and Mog it'll be puggable within a week or two.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post

Code:
         T      
         R      
    1  H  H  4
      2     3

Ramuh can terror the OT, so you have to account for him somehow. You're also wasting a lot of the limited space you have with that setup. The number system + structuring placement is going to be far easier to do with limited communication. That's what we used when we needed to sub PUG members during farm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast