1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Ramuh Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    For that method is there ever a short window where the tank can drop overcharge and grab three orbs before the next Shock Strike? I always just assumed people took SCH to Lustrate through the stacks, but if there was a way, that would make things significantly easier, even if the timing is tight. Can collect close orbs in like 3s if you're slick.
    The 5 or 6 times I've won, I've been the tank in the solo tank strat (for healing, we take WHM SCH SCH). While it is possible to drop stacks and get them back up, it's also very dangerous. All of my wins have been with just never dropping stacks.

My main frustration with this fight is pushing phases at bad times (while people are seduced).

If you're doing solo tank just use 3 healers and forget about dropping stacks unless you're SUPER confident.

SCHs both use Eos, alternate Mdef buffs and healing buffs. Take turns on Lustrate duty (one off duty swaps to clerics to DPS, one on duty leaves it off for Succor and such).

WHM there for enhanced Protect and enhanced Stoneskin on the tank (essentially an 18% Lustrate on GCD, leave party heals to the Fairies and the non-DPSing SCH so they're not wasting MP on medica/regen).

Tank should be WAR, his attacks are magical so they can't be blocked and Halone debuff won't do anything.

Helps to have your melee DPS as a MNK for the INT down from DK.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Dropping stacks between moves just adds another point of failure and is completely unnecessary. With 2 SCH + WHM you already have greater DPS than a normal 2 tank setup and more than enough healing unless you're taking some i85 pld with str accessories.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Also, the other benefit to not dropping stacks is that you can have your tank clean up the tank side of the map (which also allows them to never really need to pay attention to their stack timer, because they're frequently refreshing it).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm hopeful that they'll make the weapons i110 in the future as well with them being a lower drop rate and all :s

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Really glad i have all the rings already, this explains why there were so many ramuh PF last night

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Still empty on sarg lol

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Lot of people at JP server are spamming now, they are talking about possibility they will nerf 1 tank strat by not letting you refresh after 3 stacks lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i was spamming it for sword 1 month back for omgglamor

glad to have all rings and still no sword......

fuck glamors right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7