1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81

Thread: Elite Hunt Marks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pet hate counts just the same as any other hate and Titan can make plenty, just Rouse+Spur and send him in. I'd say leave him on Obey so he doesn't waste time using the defensive skill or the stun (which doesn't have an enmity bonus).

It's not as much as a PLD or WAR, but more than enough. Bonus points for mobs that like to inflict status effects because Rouse will prevent most of them (fucking Alectryon.....).

I especially like SMN+Titan for Bonnacon since pets aren't susceptible to stuff like Hysteria, so while half the people there are running around like headless chickens he'll still be pounding away.

It's also good for people that have lag issues in general since Titan's doing all the work automatically.

I was bored and wondering how much enmity I was actually generating during hunts so I went and did my normal WAR thing on a test dummy and parsed it, then looked at the outgoing damage and factored in the enmity modifiers for the different damage sources.

Turns out to be between 50,000-55,000 enmity in 10 GCDs, it can vary quite a bit depending on crits tho. A ranks usually live a decent 20-30s but naturally that can vary as well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What hunt tracker are people using?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ffxivhunt.com is what I've been using for Excalibur shenanigans.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Most people are using/mooching off of other with Guildworks. You need to pay for the good stuff from it. Or just be in a hunt LS where someone has it and relinks for everyone.

Lol, no, you don't have to pay for anything to use GW, and if you're not using it you're just making life harder for yourself (and everyone else really).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

looking up the features of guildwork is too much to ask for from people who mouth breathe from reddit/OF

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So I have a theory I want to test out re: S rank North Thanalan. SE came out and gave the exact details on this so we know the spawn is "players receiving earth crystals".

What would be cool if it worked would be popping it via desynths. You get the same "You obtain an earth crystal" message you get from killing sprites, so if that's all the game checks it could be viable. Either sand fish or some of the aged items for relics would be among the more spammable things to test.

I was going to test it myself but missed several windows so thought I'd mention it here. Next window on sarg I should be up for trying it so as non-conclusive as it may be I'll see if I can test it then.

Unless you can somehow ensure no one else in the zone is killing anything that drops earth crystals it sounds like an impressive waste of time.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Little useless info but garlok is now named The Garlok

lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ya'll thought it was over didn't you?!

Law gear upgrades with Doman Urushi/Raw Doman Urushi which are purchased with seals from Hunts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, although it seems you can get a good number by just doing the hunt quests

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

For once doing the hunt quests isn't absolutely useless, glad they went with it how they did rather how it was like before. I'd kill for indicators on my minimap of hunt targets are around when I have the bills to get rewards from them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heh, I thought the same, even finding normal mobs can be a little hard tight now, no help from DB can't even think how to tackle finding Bs lol

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    For once doing the hunt quests isn't absolutely useless, glad they went with it how they did rather how it was like before. I'd kill for indicators on my minimap of hunt targets are around when I have the bills to get rewards from them.
    Or have them in the recommended window. I keep forgetting them.