+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel vs. Gaza round 99     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    I mean the over arching Arab and Jew conflict mainly Kuya, not this in particular. But what you said is very well thought out, and I agree with what you're saying. Just getting it to happen is the part I'm skeptical about. Because there is always the chance of people going back on their word(this is true for both sides) and then we are back at square one, except without control of the West Bank/Gaza.

Edit: I didn't see archi's post until after I posted mine. But I agree with what he said.
    Now how the hell can you agree with archi and disagree with everyone else when he's saying exactly the same thing as everyone else is?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Now how the hell can you agree with archi and disagree with everyone else when he's saying exactly the same thing as everyone else is?
    Because he has a point, its incredibly easy to sell the idea of terrorism to a 14 year old who has nothing else to live for, if Israel withdrew from settlements then there might be a chance of people to see things differently, but until that happens it won't be much different. I see both sides' points, which makes me look hypocritical when I say one thing about an issue then say something different.

Edit: I didnt disagree with Kuya, I just have a pessimistic outlook because it can either end up with something good coming about, or back to square one again.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Because he has a point, its incredibly easy to sell the idea of terrorism to a 14 year old who has nothing else to live for, if Israel withdrew from settlements then there might be a chance of people to see things differently, but until that happens it won't be much different. I see both sides' points, which makes me look hypocritical when I say one thing about an issue then say something different about the exact same issue.

Edit: I didnt disagree with Kuya, I just have a pessimistic outlook because it can either end up with something good coming about, or back to square one again.
    i bolded the reason people are confused by you. kuya said doing X might give people less reason to hate israel, and you disagreed (with that item in particular, you even bolded it), then agreed with archi when he explained why he thinks kuya is right.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That makes sense, I apologize for being confusing. I should clarify then, what I wanted to get across was that terrorist organizations wouldn't stop just because Israel withdrew/removed/got rid of settlements. The other stuff about children I completely agree with. Sorry I got confused myself >_>;

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

well sure, but part of kuya/archi's point is that israel'd reduce the recruiting power (and therefore strength) of those organizations by not being such dicks all the time. they're acting like the republicans in congress; you can't get what you want just by screaming "NO" at your opponent and then doing things that make you your opponent's best recruiter.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah, I think it's in part that the PM of Israel is very VERY conservative and that really doesn't help Israel's situation in the slightest because of what you said.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

What would Elvis do?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

turn water into israel

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

He'd feel so lonely he could die like a hound dog all shook up from a jack to a king.

Don't be cruel.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

seeing a lot of tweets about israel using white phosphorous, don't know the source

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    seeing a lot of tweets about israel using white phosphorous, don't know the source
    This thread now feels like CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    This thread now feels like CNN.
    Gaza shot down the Malaysian Flight, we can neither confirm or deny this but sources are speculating it was a very very long range rocket attack. It could have also been a black hole.

Gimp like a Pro!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

interesting video but some incoherent stuff in it and the usual dependency on "feelings" ("how would you feel when").
    Other than that it's quite entertaining.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

- Jerry Dantana

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I worded that poorly. I meant is this just some thing going around twitter, or is there an actual source/did something happen.

I think it's just massive doses of tear gas, all the reporters inside Gaza on my TL have said that it burns their eyes and nose, they have been told to cover vents and openings with wet towels. Besides that: no power, no water, many can't flush their toilets, the smell of death, etc.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

~80 people massacred in Gaza City. Israel defending itself all over the mutilated bodies of innocent men, women and children.

469 killed since war began and 3100 injured, majority children

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

CNN is now reporting that Martin Walker has indeed been seen in the area.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Man, I've seen some intense shit in my lifetime but the videos with the kids running from the explosions still gets to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag