+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel vs. Gaza round 99     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    seeing a lot of tweets about israel using white phosphorous, don't know the source
    http://www.tehrantimes.com/component...article/117189

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...eapons-in-gaza

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07...bombs-on-gaza/

Can't find the aljazeerah source i had last night.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I thought it was gonna be a funny video like this one

Until the videos of the kids...

So, president can declare war now? I thought that was a Republican President only thing.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Friend shared an Israeli soldier's status update, was wondering what you guys think of what he says(its really long)
    Spoiler: show
    Warning: long and political post! get ready to get angry...

I rarely do this but the situation in Israel and what I read on Facebook is really upsetting me and I feel like its important to hear my voice too, for whoever is reading. I must admit that I'm hurt by seeing such one-sided, biased opinions on the Gaza situation. I also oppose any violence happening around the world, but I don't assume there is one clear "Bad guy".

I will start with a disclaimer: I am against the occupation and am critical of many steps my government takes. I have participated many times in Dialogue groups in Israel and Palestine and try to encourage dialogue and peace in my country. That is called freedom of speech. It is horrible that any person, child, adult dies and I am so sad for all the humans that are hurt and dead on this bloody land.

That said, It really saddens and upsets me to see posts from my friends around the world, that are so one-sided for the Palestinian people or one-sided against Israel.
    As someone who is living in Israel, goes to the bomb shelter with his son every few days, and will probably be called back into the army next week, I do believe I have a right to voice my opinion.

You are all entitled to your opinion. I just ask that you be fair and two-sided. You feel that Israel is committing war crimes by killing innocent civilians and children. That is your right. So by that same standard, is Hamas, a terror organization that is dedicated to kill Jews and want to eliminate the state of Israel, who keeps shooting dozens of bombs every day aimed to killed innocent civilians all over Israel, even when there is an active cease fire, ALSO COMMITTING WAR CRIMES OR GENOCIDE?

Unfortunately, I'm not hearing any criticism towards Hamas for not accepting a ceasefire, for putting their rockets in schools, hospitals and private homes. Why are they not being held accountable for putting their civilians in harms way?

You probably don't know or don't care that Israel brings into Gaza medical and food supplies daily, takes care of hundreds of injured Palestinians in Israeli hospitals and warns again and again Palestinians in Gaza to evacuate areas before Israel retaliates. Even Egypt is not allowing medical supplies into Gaza. I don't read any acknowledgement of that. But that doesn't even surprise me anymore, because I feel the international media is used to seeing Israel as the ugly Goliath and the Palestinians as the poor David.

If you are still reading this and not slamming me, then one more thing. Imagine a terrorist organizations (and a few countries) would want to kill you and your people and destroy your country. Were you ever in that scenario?
    Imagine someone bombing your capital (Washington, London, Paris, Rome, Moscow). What would your government do? What would you be shouting in the street and on Facebook?
    You want Israel to stop retaliating and just let the bombs fall and kill us all? Really? Would you agree to that?

Don't you feel a bit strange with that demand? Its one thing to be against the occupation, but to demand to end the military operation while dozens of bombs landing in Israel every day - really? Don't you feel that doesn't make sense? (unless you want the state of Israel not to exist and then we don't have much to talk about).
    If you do hold that opinion, then that is a very sad opinion, because that would mean you are OK with me and my family being killed and the state of Israel ceasing to exist.

I ask of you, before you go slamming Israel, please extend your criticism and feedback also to the Palestinian and Hamas leaders (most of whom are living comfortably outside the conflict area anyways).

I am off probably back to the army, to risk my life for a war I didn't choose and that could have been avoided by both sides choosing otherwise. But that is not my reality. I don't have the privilege you have of sitting safely in front of the computer or protesting safely in an affluent American or European city, because some of my neighbors (certainly not all of them) not only don't recognize my country but want to kill me.
    My son goes to a bi-lingual kindergarten where he learns Arabic and the Muslim tradition. I am trying to raise a generation that might end this sad, bloody war by respecting the other and embracing them.

I invite all of my friends around the world, to help do that, not by just accusing and blaming Israel, but by helping sound other critical voices toward "freedom fighters" that believe that violence is the only way. By shouting out against many other horrible acts being done right now all over the middle east and especially in Gaza by the Hamas.

I expect to receive many negative responses by my liberal, left-wing friends. I do hope that you will take at least one minute to think about it, reflect honestly, and not just side with the weak, "innocent" side. Remember, there are always two sides to every story.

Hug your children and I hope you will never ever have to be in my position.

Pray for Peace to all,
    A

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The whole thing is a horrific argument, failing to recognize who has real power in the conflict, who bears nearly the entire price of the conflict, etc. etc.

And nothing is worse than the "Israel provides power/medical services/etc to Gaza! How could we be bad!" failing to recognize that the blockade makes it virtually impossible to Gaza to provide these things for their own people.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

why are israeli women such qt's? and israeli men a bunch of arab lookin mario mutha fucks.

In the aftermath of the last assault in 2008, Amnesty investigated, disproved the same shitty propaganda of "Hamas using human shields" and Israel's precision strikes. http://www.icawc.net/fonds/02_07_09_gaza_report.pdf

Recent updates:
    The family home of the 4 Bakr boys killed while playing soccer on a #Gaza beach by #Israeli shelling on Wed has been bombed

Horrible incident: building attacked in gaza city. Several apartments destroyed. Rescuers enter building. It collapses on them. many dead

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    The whole thing is a horrific argument, failing to recognize who has real power in the conflict, who bears nearly the entire price of the conflict, etc. etc.

And nothing is worse than the "Israel provides power/medical services/etc to Gaza! How could we be bad!" failing to recognize that the blockade makes it virtually impossible to Gaza to provide these things for their own people.
    Both sides, both sides. Also false equivalences. And yeah, that's basically what that was.

I wonder if Solanis is twirling their FtM moustache and getting an erection over yet another wholesale slaughtering of Palestinians.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Can we just give Israel some large tract of land in the US and move those mofos out of a region that wants them annihilated? We're already bosom buddies so might as well just slice a section of 'Murica and rename it New Jerusalem. This way we can reap that sweet Jewish technology and put a continent between these warring tribes once and for all. The Palestinians can take their land back and we'll all sit back and blame the British for this whole clusterfuck.

What's that? Some shit about 'holy' (Ironic) land and the right of return? Dammit. Just as I thought I had this whole thing solved before dinner.

As for the soldiers post:

You really expect a people to be peaceful when they're walled in, blockaded, surrounded by checkpoints and seeing their nation shrink with each passing decade? Hamas will exist so long as people are starved of opportunity and seen as second class citizens. You want to undermine terrorism? Provide opportunity. Stop blatantly colonizing land. Then and only then will people have things to do other than lap up extremism and launch rockets into Israel. Dole all out all the food and medical aid you can churn up and it means all of nothing if people lack hope and see little else than despair.

You know, the type of despair that exists when an army kills your family and throws you into the waiting arms of terrorists.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post

You really expect a people to be peaceful when they're walled in, blockaded, surrounded by checkpoints and seeing their nation shrink with each passing decade? Hamas will exist so long as people are starved of opportunity and seen as second class citizens. You want to undermine terrorism? Provide opportunity. Stop blatantly colonizing land. Then and only then will people have things to do other than lap up extremism and launch rockets into Israel. Dole all out all the food and medical aid you can churn up and it means all of nothing if people lack hope and see little else than despair.

You know, the type of despair that exists when an army kills your family and throws you into the waiting arms of terrorists.
    According to the votes of certain members of the UN, they're not even a nation-state. Yeah.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post

This. Terrible argument is terrible.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Friend shared an Israeli soldier's status update, was wondering what you guys think of what he says(its really long)
    Cookie cutter 'israel has the right to defend itself' argument. Meanwhile Gaza City residents get 57 seconds to evacuate a house before it's flattened by missile strikes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Cookie cutter 'israel has the right to defend itself' argument. Meanwhile Gaza City residents get 57 seconds to evacuate a house before it's flattened by missile strikes.
    Hey, they were warned at least 57 seconds before. That's more than enough time.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I love the irony of giving warning and providing medical to people you are bombing.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Can we just give Israel some large tract of land in the US and move those mofos out of a region that wants them annihilated? We're already bosom buddies so might as well just slice a section of 'Murica and rename it New Jerusalem. This way we can reap that sweet Jewish technology and put a continent between these warring tribes once and for all. The Palestinians can take their land back and we'll all sit back and blame the British for this whole clusterfuck.

What's that? Some shit about 'holy' (Ironic) land and the right of return? Dammit. Just as I thought I had this whole thing solved before dinner.

As for the soldiers post:

Why don't we just give all palestinians kansas instead, since jews only care about their holy land.

BG Level

but then they'd start firing rockets into Nebraska

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    but then they'd start firing rockets into Nebraska
    To be fair, most of the people here already want to do that.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Can we just give Israel some large tract of land in the US
    We already gave them South Florida.

In retrospect it makes sense they'd want to hang onto a wartorn strip of land surrounded by enemies in the Middle East.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah, if your only other option is florida, a war of extermination sounds pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag