+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldnoah.Zero     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Meant to mention this earlier -- I find myself disliking Rayet more and more each episode. I can get that her father probably didn't tell her she's Martian (or at least part Martian), but does she not realize he was involved in the assassination attempt and partially (largely) responsible for everything that's going on?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Err, I thought she's perfectly aware, but she saw that they killed her father so she's on a vendetta.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she knows her origin/heritage but hates the martians because they betrayed them when they finally did come to Earth. As for it being her fault...barely, if at all.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I meant it's her father's fault.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Awesome episode and ending again. Although, I get the motivation for the ending, it's still something easily explained. But I can see the show using this as a way to create friction between Inaho and Slaine for a good while.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    Was really not expecting Inaho to leave Slaine behind, but it certainly worked well to move the plot along in the last part (until the last minute or so which proceeded to reset it..).

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not reset really. They have an orbital dreadnaught with an Aldnoah drive. If they make it to the UE then everyone knows instantly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow so did not expected that.

Honestly thought all Orbital Knights were of the same mind and too wanted an excuse to attack Earth. Too bad dude had to die so soon.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

wtf.

Poor Slaine. Knowing he's semi-safe from being killed off makes it more painful knowing what horrible shit he's gonna go through.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I knew Slaine and MC's conflict wouldn't be resolved so quickly. Long term progression people.

Also lol

The moment I saw Cruhteo wasn't a bad guy I was like "well he's gonna die" but I didn't expect it so soon. I thought he would be smarter and be more covert about his movements for a bit, help the good guys out and eventually die.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I read a post about Cruhteo that kinda made me indifferent to his death. To summarize it briefly, he's a bigot, seemingly enjoys torture, and, like Slaine said, was happy to use Asseylum's death as an excuse to go to war. I know we're supposed to think "omg, he's on the side of good now and then bam, he's dead because of the villains," but he doesn't really have a redeeming moment before he dies. Did seeing that Slaine, a human, could act so heroically change him? Maybe, but probably not. Those flaws are probably still there, he just feels bad about what he did to Slaine.

If you're interested in it:

...when that “Forgive me, Slaine” moment arrived, I threw up in my mouth a little. That was so wrong on so many levels I hardly know where to begin, but let’s start with the fact that no, I don’t fucking forgive you whether Slaine does or not. Is the fact that Cruhteo didn’t know about Asseylum’s death supposed to vindicate him for being a racist and classist who not only employs torture to achieve his goals, but seems to derive real pleasure from it? Or the fact that despite knowing Asseylum’s desire for peace with Earth, he gleefully uses her death – even if he didn’t help cause it – to launch full-scale war? No, this is a bad man and his actions this week were reprehensible by any standard of decency. If he’s dead, good riddance – but that doesn’t wipe “Forgive me, Slaine” from my memory. That was the low-point of the series so far and I’ll be surprised if it’s dethroned.
    http://randomc.net/2014/08/23/aldnoah-zero-08/

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I read a post about Cruhteo that kinda made me indifferent to his death. To summarize it briefly, he's a bigot, seemingly enjoys torture, and, like Slaine said, was happy to use Asseylum's death as an excuse to go to war. I know we're supposed to think "omg, he's on the side of good now and then bam, he's dead because of the villains," but he doesn't really have a redeeming moment before he dies. Did seeing that Slaine, a human, could act so heroically change him? Maybe, but probably not. Those flaws are probably still there, he just feels bad about what he did to Slaine.

Well that was my guess, that he WOULD get a redeeming moment to shine before he died. Except they didn't let him have it. Unless of course he didn't actually die since I don't think we saw him get hit directly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I dunno, I didn't think Cruhteo's change of heart was that much out of left field. It was a bit sudden sure but I thought his immediately-preceding monologue ("willing to risk death/torture to not give up, GG slaine") got to the point.

On the other hand, what the fuck at Saazbaum? He was already on way to blow them up before that. What if Cruhteo hadn't just put the pieces together right then?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I dunno, I didn't think Cruhteo's change of heart was that much out of left field. It was a bit sudden sure but I thought his immediately-preceding monologue ("willing to risk death/torture to not give up, GG slaine") got to the point.

On the other hand, what the fuck at Saazbaum? He was already on way to blow them up before that. What if Cruhteo hadn't just put the pieces together right then?
    @ Saazbaum

Pretty sure he left to attack because Cruhteo was about to kill Slaine and Saazbaum wanted him. In the end he recovers Slaine alive.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post

Sounds like some SJW that doesn't believe in changes. Of heart or different cultures being bred to believe certain things.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If someone's bred to be an asshole, they're still an asshole.

Why the fuck with all the spoilers? This ain't no Game of Thrones godamnit.

Can we be so sure he's dead though? Anime pull this つづく bullshit all the time at the end, only to show the characters still alive in the opening/end of the next episode.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Unless Saazbaum is an overconfident dick, I think he's dead. That's a lot of lasers to have to asspull-fu your way out of.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Unless Saazbaum is an overconfident dick, I think he's dead. That's a lot of lasers to have to asspull-fu your way out of.
    Anime.

I'll concede any sort of speculation that he's dead by next episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast