+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Silly car trade-in question

So, as you may know I recently traded in my versa for a new rogue on July 2nd. The versa was about 1.3k less than what I owed but they added that to the total when buying the new one.

Anyway, when I was with the finance guy, he said they would take care of the pay off with the bank and I wouldn't need to do anything. I am a little panicked though because it's now the 11th and when I log onto the bank account the balance is still there, and my payment would technically be due on the 15th.

I just want to know if I should be prepared to call the dealership and fight with them or something. I never make late payments on anything to keep my credit good, but I'd rather not pay 300+ on a loan I don't owe as I imagine I would never get that money back. Should I call now or wait until it's closer to the 15th?

Or is this something they normally deal with and it's no big deal if the pay off comes after the due date?

It's par for the course for dealerships. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

it always takes a bit, I ended calling the finance manager once payment became due on the car i traded in. I also let the financial institution that handled my previous car know, and it was resolved in another 2-3 days.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I would contact them just to remind them that your payment is almost due. I'm sure they're taking care of it, but everyone makes mistakes and if they don't resolve it in time, it's still your responsibility until they take over the loan.

As soon as that paperwork is signed and they take possession of the trade in it's their problem. For piece of mind you can call your lender as it gets closer, but it will be taken care of rest assured. Calling the dealership won't do anything. They'll just take your info down and throw it right in the garbage.

Aint nobody got time for that, unless you're coming in to buy another vehicle lol. Then you'll be treated like the Queen of Shiba once again.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    As soon as that paperwork is signed and they take possession of the trade in it's their problem. For piece of mind you can call your lender as it gets closer, but it will be taken care of rest assured. Calling the dealership won't do anything. They'll just take your info down and throw it right in the garbage.

Aint nobody got time for that, unless you're coming in to buy another vehicle lol. Then you'll be treated like the Queen of Shiba once again.
    So much this haha. I work for a luxury dealership and can attest this is very normal. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thanks guys. I will probably call the lender on monday just for peace of mind.