+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Strain (FX)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Red Parrot
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Just wow, why are peon vamps so weak. German moves all super fast in some scenes, but can't dodge worth shit when fightinging hacker. Wonder if blackbutler will join the vampire killing crew. And why hasn't cobra commander recruited van helsing before, if he's looking for humans to battle vamps during the day?
    Because Setrakian is completely against all types of vampires, plus he is old and frail. The second season should reveal more about the new world ancients. With all of the changes to the plot now it is difficult to say how they will change things.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The last few minutes of this episode were painful to watch. So much WTF going on. Seriously.... monologue-ing rather than cutting The Master to pieces while he's weakened especially after that hissyfit he threw after the last encounter. Still really excited to see the story unfold though so they must be doing something right. Probably the vampire vampire hunters.

BG Level

This show's a mystery to me. So many things are annoying like ^ about the master, and ^^^ about the german being superhuman earlier and now just pincushion for bullets, AND the hacker chick not shooting his head... then there are a ton of things wrong with the special effects like goodweather seen standing on an edited out box when he was being held in the air by the master, master looking like sht, etcetc

but I still like the show lmao, idk why, but I like it a lot. This reminds me of that quote of bay or another writer of the last transformers saying movies shouldn't make sense. It's like the strain has got everything I need and the nitpickings wont stop me

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yeah, the master all laying there burning up and they stand and watch instead of unloading full clips of nail guns into him and emptying mags. I'd be like die madafaka and blasting him.

hate waiting for next season;;

BG Level

sooo, adding some books to my reading list. great show.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

To think the old jew was dumbfounded by the fact that the master was surviving the sunlight, and thus no action was taken, is to give the show too much credit. But yeah, it was annoying. Also the cdc woman showed some ninja skills by dodging the stinger and slicing it off. Like wtf, I was expecting her to do some crescent kicks too. Still enjoyed it. Dunno if it will hold my interest til next season. My favourite parts were definitely the flashbacks/vato loco dude/vamp swat.

Ridill
    BG Level

The books are interesting to read but I hope the story takes another route;

book spoilers, Don't click if you haven't read up to book 3.
    Spoiler: show
    Any part with Eph's kid is just going to be real annoying, especially when he becomes the douchebag he becomes under the Master. And I was also incredibly confused when the first half of the story was "scientific based" and "reality based" but then suddenly just dove right into bible territory with angels.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This show's a mystery to me. So many things are annoying like ^ about the master, and ^^^ about the german being superhuman earlier and now just pincushion for bullets, AND the hacker chick not shooting his head... then there are a ton of things wrong with the special effects like goodweather seen standing on an edited out box when he was being held in the air by the master, master looking like sht, etcetc

but I still like the show lmao, idk why, but I like it a lot. This reminds me of that quote of bay or another writer of the last transformers saying movies shouldn't make sense. It's like the strain has got everything I need and the nitpickings wont stop me
    yeah there's too much of this shit going on with this show. like seriously how do the showrunners not see this lol. i'll still watch just cause but it's hard for me to expect this show to not be retarded in some way.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

My wife hates the way the master looks. I kinda like the nosforatu look

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

well he's a strigoi, guess they making vampires non glamorous like how they are usualy depicted.
    and has to be some idiocy, else they'd have no chance lol. German with his super speed/powers could easily kill all 5 of them in a heart beat if he was always full power etc.
    Same thing happens in vampire diaries, sometimes they all super powerful fast zipping around, others time you can shoot them all easy with normal wood bullets etc. Same thing in true blood.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

tomorrow night at 10

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

woo, cant wait

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

different kid actor

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

different hairpiece

I can't say that I'm happy that I watched the premier over the new Ballers ep. The acting/script/line delivery is just never going to get better.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I enjoyed this episode. The only thing that really bothered me was the actor change for the kid. His acting was totally different from the previous kid and it felt really off.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

How close to the books are the seasons so far? As far as timeline is concerned. Is S2 pretty much the start of book 2? the shows a little lulzy but it's probably the best horror/suspense show on TV since S2 of AHS

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    How close to the books are the seasons so far? As far as timeline is concerned. Is S2 pretty much the start of book 2? the shows a little lulzy but it's probably the best horror/suspense show on TV since S2 of AHS
    They follow super close.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

uugh new kid..this one is even worse than the first one. Least we finally got some backstory on cobra commander and the master. So thats why the master was so big hehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast