Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Watched the first 2 episodes and I'm glad to see a vampire show that isn't pretty boy Twilight True Blood bullshit.

My main gripe so far is why wasn't the french dad freaked out or even a bit concerned that his daughter suddenly showed up looking pale as death after being told she was dead?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    My main gripe so far is why wasn't the french dad freaked out or even a bit concerned that his daughter suddenly showed up looking pale as death after being told she was dead?
    Because he was irrational and grieving and unable to believe the fact that his one and only daughter had died when she was very young in a way he did not understand and was so overwhelmed with joy to have her back he ignored a lot of weird stuff.
    Seriously? Out of all the things to gripe about you chose probably the realist thing to happen in the show?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Because he was irrational and grieving and unable to believe the fact that his one and only daughter had died when she was very young in a way he did not understand and was so overwhelmed with joy to have her back he ignored a lot of weird stuff.
    Seriously? Out of all the things to gripe about you chose probably the realist thing to happen in the show?
    Don't know what you're smoking, but that was easily the most wtf part of the show so far. The girl showed up alone looking like a zombie, and the dad's reaction was to call the doc and thank him for "dropping her off"? Gtfo.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There is something to be said for people being truly irrational in that kind of situation but yeah... I wtf'd a bit at the wtfness of it all.

So much anticipation to see the Master's face, the look on the old man told the tale pretty well for now though. I am still enjoying the pace of the show, its all pretty fresh and entertaining. The overall dynamics of the vampires is interesting.

The inevitable team up of The Jew and homeboy who drove the getaway van (I'm terrible w/ names...) will be badass. I like both those characters a lot.

Red Parrot
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Siccmade View Post

The inevitable team up of The Jew and homeboy who drove the getaway van (I'm terrible w/ names...) will be badass. I like both those characters a lot.
    Wishing you had read the books. The story grows from here. It gets deeper and better if possible. Rereading quickly to ensure accuracy. 1/2 through book 2 now.

Prediction: Season Ends in a major Cliffhanger.

-Finn

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What a prediction! Season finales rarely end in cliffhangers.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    What a prediction! Season finales rarely end in cliffhangers.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I recognized the old man, but I couldn't figure it out. It was killing me.

Finally got it. He's the dad/hunter in Jumanji and the butler in Richie Rich. He's so damn old now that I didn't realize it.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm liking this show so far. Nazi vampire, old jew and vato Loco are the obvious favorites. CDC chic can also get it

Red Parrot
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Now, now. I do not want to spoil anything. Go to your local B&N I bet these books will be on an endcap on sale. Buy them and read them in a week. You will enjoy the show that much more. These books were written with the screen in mind. I am just happy they didn't try to force it into a 2 hour move format. Would have left out too much. Del Toro didn't write this series alone, Chuck Hogan filled in the blanks and his other books are decent but nothing to /drool over.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I read all 3 books a couple years ago and was waiting for the movie adaptations to come out. When they announced it would be a TV show instead I was thrilled. Question to book readers: do you think each season will correspond to 1 book?

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I hope they explain how some vampires (Nazi dude) can look almost human while some drastically lose many human like traits.

Lol well that was quick..

Awesome episode.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a legal place to watch online? I'm in bed when it normally comes on.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This show is so damn addictive....

dicks falling off

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It's never good when you are standing and peeing and you hear a loud plop into the toilet.

GATTACA!

BG Level

like the show so far, even if the cheese factor is slightly higher than I would like

I'm fine with the dad not questioning return of his daughter. like Souj said, he was in a bad emotional state and it isn't normal to question something with "wait is she a monster?"

only real cheesiness gripe is how the worms snap and whip around all cartoon like. I HATE when they add in hissing or squealing noises to stuff like that.

Spoiler: show
    Also Eph dodging the attacking vampiremouthworm at the end of ep 3 looked sooooo lame lol.

Anyway Corey Stoll is good enough to lead a show and the support actors are good too. Interested in the Sean Astin subplot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Im so happy this show is so brutal and theres no fuckin sparkling vampires. I wonder if were going to get to see any of them burst into flames in the sunlight

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    It's never good when you are standing and peeing and you hear a loud plop into the toilet.
    and he didn't even seem to care lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

The books worth reading? I was at Barnes and Nobles earlier and almost picked up the first one but the cover of the book was pimping the show and they didn't have the original book with the original cover so I didn't get it lol