+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I didn't say I believed it! I asked if it was possible. Why wouldn't it be possible? It seems creepy that the same airline has two incidents so close together considering airplane incidents are rather rare.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I didn't say I believed it! I asked if it was possible. Why wouldn't it be possible? It seems creepy that the same airline has two incidents so close together considering airplane incidents are rather rare.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you know how big the earth is? The chances of the plane flying over a ship with anti-air capabilities in the middle of the Indian Ocean is very slim.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I probably shouldn't put on the tin foil hat, but does this mean it is possible the last malaysian plane was shot down, too? Or at least was sabotaged by the same people who did this?
    GOD DAMMIT KSANDRA

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Someone must be targeting Carnival cruises too.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Just heard.

If there were any Americans on it all hell is going to break loose. CNN has someone's video of the crash right when it happened. Showing it over and over.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Do you know how big the earth is? The chances of the plane flying over a ship with anti-air capabilities in the middle of the Indian Ocean is very slim.
    I said sabotage too, not necessarily shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Someone must be targeting Carnival cruises too.
    Unless you are suggesting this plane was shot because it was old and out of repairs then that comparison doesn't work.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/customprofi...pic31032_1.gif

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

http://replygif.net/i/1251.gif

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Beyond that, Russian armed (or not, if you want to believe that) Ukrainian separatists in the Indian Ocean..

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Ksandra, just stop. You clearly don't realize what you've done.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Just heard.

If there were any Americans on it all hell is going to break loose. CNN has someone's video of the crash right when it happened. Showing it over and over.
    It flew out from Amsterdam. There's no way there won't have any Americans on board.

Edit: Manifest states there were 23 US citizens on board. Unconfirmed.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yea someone is trying to put down malaysian airlines before they get too powerful to control

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Beyond that, Russian armed (or not, if you want to believe that) Ukrainian separatists in the Indian Ocean..
    because they couldn't have been on the plane or had done something to the plane?

Is it 100% certain the plane went down over a mechanical failure? This is something I haven't heard with certainty.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

because they couldn't have been on the plane or had done something to the plane?

Is it 100% certain the plane went down over a mechanical failure? This is something I haven't heard with certainty.
    COME ON ALREADY I DONT WANT TO LOOK FOR REACTION GIFS ALL DAY

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    yea someone is trying to put down malaysian airlines before they get too powerful to control

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    lol

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Minnich View Post
    Radar SAMs don't detect radars and aim for them... They have their own radar homing system which gets pings and directs the missile where to go. Some missiles (in this case, this missile) has a semi-active radar homing guidance. Meaning it gets pings off what it's headed towards, and the system on the ground tells the missile to adjust accordingly. This is why you see people use chaff against them.
    I'm aware, not to be bitchy, but the emcon comment was in relation to if the system used ARH missiles (why the fuck did I call them ARM's?). Several systems use dual-detection setups, but was erring on the side up a pure ARH seeker.

As it is, with this setup, that isn't a possibility. Like I said earlier, this one has a fairly good radar suite, thought dated even if its the 11 model (that would make it mid-late 80's, I think). Which still makes it hilariously effective; the USN still has some systems that old or older, that just get software upgrades/slight system upgrades over the years.

EDIT: God DAMMIT, Ksandra

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ksandra, as much as we would all want it to be, real life doesn't follow the plotline of Zoolander. The world isn't trying to put a stop to the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

http://replygif.net/i/157.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast