+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The Associated Press reported earlier this week that it had seen a Buk system on the ground in a separatist-controlled area of eastern Ukraine.

Andrey Tarasenko, a witness and miner who was walking home from work with a friend, said that he saw a white trail go up from the ground, then heard an explosion two seconds later, then saw smoke risking from the ground 10 seconds after that. He said he was about three miles away.

“You know how you see a trail from a plane — it was the same, but it was a missile launched from the ground,” he said.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukr...kraine-n158416

I would think it would take a missle more than a few secounds to get from the ground to 30,000 feet though.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haha holy shit at pages 3-5. I honestly think we have it all wrong and it's really the plot of the Stephen King book/movie "Langoliers" coming to fruition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Langoliers

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kkBFWuqCUJ...1.51.58+AM.png

Worst movie ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukr...kraine-n158416

I would think it would take a missle more than a few secounds to get from the ground to 30,000 feet though.
    No, these things reach anywhere from mach 4 to mach 6 if I'm not mistaken. Something around 3k+mph.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    But that's why I asked here, to get the info. I shit you not, Brian Williams just spent a good 10 minutes showing another plane to say that's what this plane looked like, but not blue, well it might have blue, but there is no guarantee it had blue on it (I mean who gives a fucking shit if this one was blue or not).
    Half the niggas in here are responding to you with troll posts. Better off cycling between CNN/SkyNews/BBC/AlJazeera/Huffington Post (avoid Fox NBC, and MSNBC) and draw your own conclusions on the situation.

The information isn't 100% concrete yet because people aren't there yet to properly investigate the type of explosion that happened. Ukraine and Russia are pointing fingers at each other as well as separatists on both sides. Meanwhile the separatists in the area is stopping anyone whos not a local from coming in to investigate at all. It is however veered way off from mechanical failure (and in effect the other Malaysian airline disaster); the area where it came down is in a large war-zone where it's not uncommon for military aircraft to be shot down. Once consultants and advisers get to the site they will more than likely test the area for chemicals and debris that would match SAM (Surface-to-air missile) wreckage.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I honestly think we have it all wrong and it's really the plot of the Stephen King book/movie "Langoliers" coming to fruition.

(I have like a million reaction gifs and I want to use them don't judge me)

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So much sadness and LOLs in one thread. GDI BG I LOVE YOU

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    No, these things reach anywhere from mach 4 to mach 6 if I'm not mistaken. Something around 3k+mph.
    I didn't know it was that fast, dang. I don't see how a guided missle can change direction at those speeds.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Half the niggas in here are responding to you with troll posts. Better off cycling between CNN/SkyNews/BBC/AlJazeera/Huffington Post (avoid Fox NBC, and MSNBC) and draw your own conclusions on the situation. The information isn't 100% concrete yet because people aren't there yet to properly investigate the type of explosion that happened. It is however veered way off from mechanical failure; the area where it came down is in a large war-zone where it's not uncommon for military aircraft to be shot down. Once consultants and advisers get to the site they will more than likely test the area for chemicals and debris that would match SAM wreckage.
    ty for this, and I understand the trolling, and just ignore. It's just frustrating to watch the news and basically get no info outside "a plane was shot and it may have been blue."

I was initially on the phone though so going through the interwebs was kinda a pain (mom is visiting and has been using my comp.)

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Every fucking time I look at crash debris and see that field of random shit and bodies I really wonder how investigators do it.

Here's a piece of seating material, some aluminum from the skin of the aircraft and look, some random arms and a torso just lying around here. All in a day's work. Don't even get me started on how this all starts to smell...

Definitely in my top 5 biggest fears.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The only thing that can stop a Malaysian airliner...

...is another Malaysian airliner.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    ty for this, and I understand the trolling, and just ignore. It's just frustrating to watch the news and basically get no info outside "a plane was shot and it may have been blue."

I was initially on the phone though so going through the interwebs was kinda a pain (mom is visiting and has been using my comp.)
    No, it wasn't trolling. You asked a moronic question. Don't blame us for your failures.

Yo, all these people in here claiming World War III and shit. We ain't killing ourselves till Game of Thrones is done.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I didn't know it was that fast, dang. I don't see how a guided missle can change direction at those speeds.
    Don't doubt the sophistication the guided missiles. Even missiles of 10 years ago are pretty damn accurate.

BG Level

I do love the "Russia is fighting a proxy war with Malaysia via Ukranian separatists" theorgy though

Spoiler: show
    i tried to type theory and accidentally typed theorgy but i left it because that's obviously more correct, my instincts are never wrong

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Half the niggas in here are responding to you with troll posts. Better off cycling between CNN/SkyNews/BBC/AlJazeera/Huffington Post (avoid Fox NBC, and MSNBC) and draw your own conclusions on the situation.

The information isn't 100% concrete yet because people aren't there yet to properly investigate the type of explosion that happened. Ukraine and Russia are pointing fingers at each other as well as separatists on both sides. Meanwhile the separatists in the area is stopping anyone whos not a local from coming in to investigate at all. It is however veered way off from mechanical failure (and in effect the other Malaysian airline disaster); the area where it came down is in a large war-zone where it's not uncommon for military aircraft to be shot down. Once consultants and advisers get to the site they will more than likely test the area for chemicals and debris that would match SAM (Surface-to-air missile) wreckage.
    lol half....

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Don't doubt the sophistication the guided missiles. Even missiles of 10 years ago are pretty damn accurate.
    Missiles of 10 years ago were insanely accurate. Missiles of the 80's were easily powerful enough to do this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system

about 1/2 way down the missiles in this system go Mach 3(assuming it's this missile) - Mach 3 = 2200ish MPH. So even those missiles it would only take a few seconds at most :/

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    lol half....
    75%?

Not that it matters. Is a sad tragedy all around. Shit goes down in the world all the time and we just joke around about this shit until it hits home.

BG Level

20-something dead Americans is no joke, we should probably straighten up around here.

BG Level

And when I say we, I mean Ksandra.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast