Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You guys seriously need to speed up your response speed. You're two whole posts too late.

AFK, going to spend some alone time with photos of the Honda FCEV concept.

I think i'll go with this:

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models...RA,2PF,EMI,NR1

I'm sure it would be a good life decision to finance it.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

think i'll pick myself up one of these.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Since you're going to be driving it to and from work every day, I wouldn't. They have some options, like leather seating, that make driving in them on daily commutes more enjoyable, but they're still probably not as comfortable as you'd like.

If you want to be economical and comfortable at the same time, I suggest this instead: http://www.lotuscars.com/our-cars/current-range/evora

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Since you're going to be driving it to and from work every day, I wouldn't. They have some options, like leather seating, that make driving in them on daily commutes more enjoyable, but they're still probably not as comfortable as you'd like.

If you want to be economical and comfortable at the same time, I suggest this instead: http://www.lotuscars.com/our-cars/current-range/evora
    Nah if I got that I would probably just drive it down to the Yacht club to meet the chums and talk about how glorious life is and how poor people just don't work hard enough. Hrrumph hrrumph /monocle

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    holy shit shut the fuck up about some seats this nigga is never gonna sit in
    I love auto discussion here lol. The majority of people here are the "average joe consumer", who car enthusiasts typically don't get along with too well. It's the exact opposite of what I'm used to reading on the other forums I post on.

Anyone tries to suggest an Accord to an auto enthusiast and you will be laughed right out of the room lol.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

basically, it works like this. i announce latest car purchase. if RELATIVELY sporty, fucking quixon abuses me with questions/requests for parts when i sell. As soon as HE's done, raggy comes by like a fucking kyena looking for scraps. Just for that, im gonna fuck around and buy a goddamn 2001 tiburon. suck it

Don't call me when it blows up lol.

Seriously though..... can't you sneak a bumper or some side skirts in your luggage on the way back lol.

Edit: How about a shift knob...... Fuck shipping/import duty lol.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

lmao

http://www.jimcolemanhonda.com/used-...LL7AJ5BM042486

Looking at this one. Priced at 16,700 but if I can get them to come down on it by a 2 grand or so I think i'll go for it (out the door price). Only Jetta TDI I can find with low miles and a decent starting price. I'm guessing this "INTERNET PRICE" is all a bunch of bullshit and like going into Sears and them having a "SALES PRICE" where it's just regular price anyways.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post

Looking at this one. Priced at 16,700 but if I can get them to come down on it by a 2 grand or so I think i'll go for it (out the door price). Only Jetta TDI I can find with low miles and a decent starting price. I'm guessing this "INTERNET PRICE" is all a bunch of bullshit and like going into Sears and them having a "SALES PRICE" where it's just regular price anyways.
    I don't know how detailed CarFax is, but it's interesting that at the 30k service, it explicitly indicates an oil change, but not for either the 10k or 20k service. If the first oil change was done at 30k miles, I'd stay, far, far away.

It also looks like it was sold right as it crossed the 3yr/40k mile range, which suggests a kind of lease (I don't know how leases appear under Ownership in CarFaxes). Warranty just expired as well. I would avoid lease returns in general, because the car was owned, operated, and maintained by somebody who probably had no interest in keeping the car beyond the warranty period. Chances are they spent minimal effort in maintaining the vehicle. I'm sure there are good leasers out there who take good care of leased vehicles regardless, but it's really a roll of the dice, and the odds are not in your favor.

The current Jetta is notorious for its cost-cutting and budget materials. It's selling very well, so apparently buyers either don't know or don't care, but before seriously considering it, I would check out some of its competitors (Civic, Mazda 3, etc.) to see for yourself if you're comfortable with the overall quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post

Make sure you have a baller ass warranty. LolVW. And yes, internet price.... like the entire car dealership experience in general, is bullshit. Fair Market price is around 18K. I'd bet you have another $1,500 you could probably knock them down.

Get the car fax report before even showing up at the dealership. Dealers love to put "Car Fax One Owner" on fleet vehicles. (Ie.... cars used as company cars or rentals, which are beaten to shit 9 times out of 10)

That model TDI's also require an 40K Mile service that runs around $800-$1000 (make sure it was done, probably wasn't). Prepare to pay for that service, or get the dealership to move the price down to compensate for it.

No idea what else is required for maintenance.

Also.... do those VW diesels require block heaters like Diesel Pickups? If they do make sure you have access to a source of power in the winter. The block heater needs to be plugged into a standard electrical outlet so the fuel doesn't gel in the engine/lines.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

You can do the 40k service for around $250, just find a non-VW TDI shop near you. Going to the dealer for service outside of the warranty is retarded in 99% of cases.

Pretty sure that is also the first model year for that vehicle? If so check to make sure all TSB's (technical service bulletin) that have been issued are rectified, otherwise you are paying for those out of pocket also.

Here's 1 of them, not sure if there are any more or how many there are:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B162...9hcVR6NUU/edit

For this 40k service:
    Parts and fluid alone for that year looks to be around $125. 4 filters and oil. If your mechanic will do that for $250 without fucking up the car, keep them forever. Assuming they don't mark up the parts at all, which RARELY happens, Archi's mechanic is only charging roughly 1.5 hours labor for the service.

Definitely keep that mechanic forever.

I started browsing some TDI forums once I saw Arch's comment on the service being a bit cheaper. Most owners on this forum are posting between $400-500 for a dealership to do it. The original number I quoted was an article in Road & Track written about a dude who basically bought the car new and drove all across the USA with it for a year or so.

Here's a link to the forum if you want to read up yourself OP:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Actually my memory may be faulting me, I think it was like $350 total, we did it at AutoUnion in Huntington Beach, based on the recommendation of this thread:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57738

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post

Spykers are nuts. They used to build airplanes. The interior designs are usually pulled from Airplane cockpits. They are also on the verge of going out of business I believe >_<;;

Edit:

Spyker C8 omnomnomnom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast