+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    yoiu guys should i get an optima? GRIFFIN FORCE
    If that's a serious question, there's nothing major about them that stands out as a reason to avoid them. It's like getting a Chrysler for Accord price pretty much, just don't expect to get anything back out of it if/when you want to sell it.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Honestly if you're not buying a Prius then you're killing the world m8.

Also if you live in Maryland make sure to put a "Co-exist" sticker on the back..so I can fucking ram you off the road.
    my original plan was Prius but wow are they a fuckload more expensive than I thought. Talk about a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    If that's a serious question, there's nothing major about them that stands out as a reason to avoid them. It's like getting a Chrysler for Accord price pretty much, just don't expect to get anything back out of it if/when you want to sell it.
    I think they are nice looking, sucks that their resale value is terrible. Do you think I should take advantage of the sign and drive deal? I have silly credit so I could lease one for 39 months with 0 down. Leasing is like the king of all sucker moves tho right?

my original plan was Prius but wow are they a fuckload more expensive than I thought. Talk about a reality check.
    I had THOUGHT about getting one but the cost, and the fact that highway mileage is ass on them was a drawback. City mileage is fucking great though. Not sure how well they resale either though since they need battery replacements at a certain point that cost a good $$.

When the new Tesla comes out ill see how much trade in I can get for my Note, buy a Tesla and then pompously talk down to everyone I know that still uses *Scoff scoff* Fossil Fuels *Scoff scoff*

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

thought the warranty on a new prius battery is 10yr 150k miles? and that's assuming it does need replacement

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I joked along with some of the others about Priuses being awful, but that wasn't strictly because of the stigma they carry. Several of your windows are about as easy to see through as the coin slot in a piggybank. That, and the noise in the cabin is deafening. I've driven them long distances a few times, and that was enough.

I'll always recommend getting a hybrid, and it's true that the Prius is the most common one on the roads, but I like visibility and mobility. You know, to help me out with that whole "surviving another day" thing.

Ridill
    BG Level

I think they are nice looking, sucks that their resale value is terrible. Do you think I should take advantage of the sign and drive deal? I have silly credit so I could lease one for 39 months with 0 down. Leasing is like the king of all sucker moves tho right?
    If you want the hybrid but can't quite afford it, it might not be a bad idea if it's a really good deal.

Basically that's what leases are "ok" for in my experience (which is friends/family, I've never leased). If you're willing and able to pay half the price of the car, but can't afford to just buy it, and are ok with that...

In the end you almost always end up with more money towards your next car buying as compared to leasing.

That said, some friends have been leasing Lexus...es Lexi? fuck >.> anyway. As a couple they've been leasing a new one and buying a used one every 4 years for like 20 years now and been really happy with it. They both love the shit out of em and they always have a really nice one for business and stuff.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Fusion Energi.

Do it, don't be a pussy.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tyven just be cool and buy a C30 >___>

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Is that the volvo?

Ridill
    BG Level

yes and it's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Doesn't tyven give bjs to the prez for a living? Get a tesla, and drive it to archi's house and do some donuts on his probably nonexistent driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    It's coming. Take a look at their sales numbers lol. I just think of it, as an average car buyer, from a warranty standpoint. Once they close up shop you are kind of left stranded in regards to warranty repair work.
    I'm more looking at their trajectory with their all "woo go electric all the time!" attitude and the discontinuation of the Evo.

Subaru must be laughing all the way to be bank.

I don't understand people being so afraid of leases. The only time a lease is going to be a BAD idea (aside from stupidly getting too little mileage), is if you honestly plan on owning the car way after until it's paid off. With you mentioning you are concerned about resale values of Kias...... you don't seem to be one to hold on to a car for a long time after it's paid off.

There is a reason every doctor, lawyer, etc I know leases their every day cars. It's cheaper (more car for the money), you don't take the depreciation hit (the dealership/manufacturer does), you get a new car every 3/4 years etc. The down payments are also minimal if you have good credit.

The only bad thing to do with a lease is to lease a car and then buy it after the lease is over. In that case you are costing yourself more money in the long run 9 times out of 10.

Luxury Brands - BMW/AUDI/Lexus/etc typically have VERY good lease deals on their cars. Something like 70-80% of all new BMW's sold are leases.

Leases are decent except for the mileage cap, which is what stopped me from doing one. I drive up to NY 2-3 times a year which means yearly I average around 17k miles give or take 2. While it's not much more then the average 15k, most of the people I spoke to had leases only giving 10k miles.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I live 3 blocks from my job. I AM GONNA LEASE SOME SHIT. HERE I GO GUYS

Lease a fucking scooter...what am I saying, just go steal a bike

from CS.

Leases are decent except for the mileage cap, which is what stopped me from doing one. I drive up to NY 2-3 times a year which means yearly I average around 17k miles give or take 2. While it's not much more then the average 15k, most of the people I spoke to had leases only giving 10k miles.
    You choose the mileage on the lease. The lesser the miles/yr you take, the lesser your payments. If you are close to hitting 20K/yr mileage you are getting close to where it doesn't make sense to lease. The payment, unless you are working with a nice lease special, will be pretty close to what you'd pay to own the vehicle outright.

I know when we leases the wife's Rogue, we had an option of 10k, 15k, 20k Miles, and possibly a 25k Mile Option. Can't remember all of them off the top of my head.

You bastard. So many more options in my price range if I only lived that far away. I can swing a 10k Mile/yr lease for myself, but it's too close for me to be comfortable with it. My commute is roughly 8700 miles/yr, and I wouldn't be driving the leased vehicle any day it was over 65 Degrees and Not Raining.

80-90K Price Vehicles are in my price range if I could swing that 10k miles >_<;;

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Lease a fucking scooter...what am I saying, just go steal a bike

from CS.
    http://vimeo.com/101883999

So in terms of insurance, is it worth it to keep Comp/Collision on a 2008 Versa valued at $6500? Playing with numbers for insurance rates now with 2 vehicles on a policy.

We've had the 08 for the past 4 yrs without any issues/accidents but I live in Maryland and due to how lovely people drive here, not sure about risking it lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast