BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant R0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Constant R0

Some help please. Ever since I returned to the game around a month ago, I have been constantly r0ing in some places. The patterns are very weird. I dualbox my two accounts, and one will r0 in a particular area, while the other is just fine. I r0 in particular places more often than most, and other times when I log on, I'm fine. Some of the common places include:

Meriphataud Mountains - I always, 100% of the time crash when I zone into this area from Tahrongi Canyon, but never from Sauromugue Champaign.
    Castle Oztroja - 100% of the time when I log in inside the zone, but not when I zone into it
    Mog Houses when I log in inside them, but not when I zone into them
    West Sarutabaruta
    Port Windurst
    Temple of Uggalepih

Etc. It's very very strange. And the rest of my internet works just fine during this time, and again if I'm dualboxing, usually my other character, run on the same computer, is just fine. One of my tech friends thought it might be my hard drive, but I game on two computers and it happens on both.

Also, I never r0 to the point of crashing out of the game. It always recovers, then r0's again, making it unplayable, but never crashing.

Any thoughts, or is anyone else experiencing this?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I get the same behavior but have only witnessed it in Foret De Hennetiel. No explanation on my side either. Definitely weird.

Dual Box never R0's. Windows 7 64-bit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So more strange behavior, it seems certain areas sort of cancel each other out. First of all, we can add Whitegate to that list of problematic places for me. Well earlier, both of my characters were in Whitegate when I logged in, and I logged in fine. Then I logged out one character to go to a mule in Port Jeuno, then warped my other character to Port Jeuno, and both characters crashed, stuck int he "Downloading data..." screen. From that point I couldn't even log either character in. So I had to force quit both windows and restart PlayOnline, then I was able to get into Port Jeuno just fine. Then I logged off my mule and log back into my main character still in Whitegate, and was stuck at the "Downloading data..." screen. So if I start in certain areas, not only do I crash upon trying to get into others, I can't even log in to those other places. I have to do a hard reset. This is ridiculous, it took me 30 minutes just to get both my characters from Whitegate to Port Jeuno so I can get started with what I wanted to do.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I have been having this exact same behavior for the last week or so. I thought/hoped the servers taking a dump the other day would fix it but no dice. I only really get this behavior in the evenings. Do you by any chance have uverse in CA?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I dont get R0s but sometimes i notice a general lagginess in my game when im in the past (used to get similiar lag when in aht urgan areas, i think cause of all the foilage they have around.) But something i noticed lately. in west adouling. when i run from moghouse to the auction house (run by mummers and take a left at the vendor near the fountain and down the ramp toward the AH.) Pretty much every single time i get near the vendor/fountain which ever of my two chars is on follow will get some kind of lag where the followee stops and then magically teleports where he actually is. and then the follower ends up stuck on something, which i have to switch over and break follow and move around the object and get him caught up to the other. I can pretty much repeat this 100% of the time. its the same spot everytime. also if i head to the pioneers instead of the auction from the fountain there is the same lag there and the follower will get stuck on something.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
    Do you by any chance have uverse in CA?
    Nope. I'm not even in the U.S.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As of the September update, I have not had any problems with this. Anyone else?