Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Script Command to Cancel Synth Result Panel?

Hey, folks. I'd like to come up with a simple script in Windower to put /lastsynth on an infinite loop (think /lastsynth <wait 20> /lastsynth <wait 20> etc.), but I can't think of a command to automatically cancel out of the synth results. Is there such a command?

EDIT: someone IG is telling me you can execute the command line even if the results pane is blocking other input. C/D?

EDIT: And confirmed (I'm at work, or else I'd have checked it myself). So I guess if you, dear reader, were wondering if you could make a one-button script for mass crafting with lastsynth, there's your answer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Do you have to cancel the result popup window for it to work again?

I was trying to make this work, i think you should just need to increase that wait until it works. Maybe need an escape keypress or something.

This looks for status change and pushes the /lastsynth command when you go back to idle.

Code:
    packets = require('packets')
    windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function(id, data)
        if id == 0x037 then
    		--0x30
    		local update = packets.parse('incoming', data)
    		if update.Status == 0 then
    			windower.send_command("wait 3;input /lastsynth")
    		end
        end
    end)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that would probably work.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

if you do /wait 25 it works by itself. I'm on console so limited macros/tools, but within 10 min of logging on after that update, i had figured out /wait 25 was the magic number and had a 3x /lastsynth macro made.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My wait would be a bit less, since its using the status change packet to see when it goes from synthing > idle. So it would be how long after idle you need to wait to do /lastsynth.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You should be able to do something like this x6, right?
    Code:
    /lastsynth <wait 25>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's somewhat lag dependant. I used to do tons of mass synthing basically trying to get as many as I could get done before food would wewr off and I'd range from 71 to 85 iirc. Which comes out to basically 22-25 sec

Ok, so I've been trying to do the same thing with the infinite synth loop for mass synthing, but not sure what to put in a .lua file or where to put it etc. I tried putting Mafai's code in a .lua file and got an error loading it saying I was missing the include file pack.lua.

I am clearly very poor with this stuff, but if someone could clarify it for me and put it in dummy terms, that would be great!

Thanks!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    Do you have to cancel the result popup window for it to work again?

I was trying to make this work, i think you should just need to increase that wait until it works. Maybe need an escape keypress or something.

This looks for status change and pushes the /lastsynth command when you go back to idle.

Code:
    packets = require('packets')
    windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function(id, data)
        if id == 0x037 then
    		--0x30
    		local update = packets.parse('incoming', data)
    		if update.Status == 0 then
    			windower.send_command("wait 3;input /lastsynth")
    		end
        end
    end)
    I'm sure you already worked this out but for the sake of the thread: no, you do not need to cancel the result popup to keep going. The result popup blocks key commands but not text input, so if you type /lastsynth it'll automatically close the results and start synthing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You should be able to do something like this x6, right?
    Code:
    /lastsynth <wait 25>
    ^yes, this is the macro I've settled on for lastsynth x6 on console. For a simple Windower script, however, the syntax differs slightly from IG so I went with

Code:
    /lastsynth;wait 25;/lastsynth;wait 25;/lastsynth;wait 25;/lastsynth;wait 25;etc.
    Legendarycloud, you might have better luck with that than mucking around your .lua if you're all thumbs with this like I am.

Sweet! That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

No problem! Two things to be aware of, though...

1) too long a Windower script will crash the game when you execute it. I settled on about 20 repeats, I think

2) the script won't automatically stop on its own when you run out of materials and will continue even if you execute other macros/scripts during the wait period. I stop it by opening my main menu and leaving it open until the script tries to execute another /lastsynth

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can work around problem #1 by building a set of aliases:
    Code:
    alias one exec whatever.txt;wait 600;
    alias hour one;one;one;one;one;one;
    alias sixhour hour;hour;hour;hour;hour;hour;
    alias day sixhour;sixhour;sixhour;sixhour;
    alias twoday day;day;
    You also kind of solve problem #2 this way, as you can just do "//alias one ;" and stop it from repeating.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Mine would work perfectly if you just fix the wait in the sendcommand part. Its not 25 since its based on the status change.... then u can //lua l script to start it and //lua u script to stop it.